Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gamespy, xfire and others

Options
  • 14-10-2008 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

So i see some games try to install gamespy comrade and I have seen people with xfire sigs.

Do you use these programs for your gaming and why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

used to use xfire when i played cod:UO on the pc..Was handy for finding out where your friends were playing and allowed you to jump into the server with them

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I haven't used any of those things in years - pretty much all the multiplayer PC games I play are on Steam and that has its own friends system now, so I use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Steam and XFire.

IRC maybe.

Used Gamespy a few years ago, it's cancer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I miss good old All Seeing Eye meself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

musician wrote: »
    I miss good old All Seeing Eye meself.

I remember that from back in the day. Good times.

I might give xfire a try just cause it can list all my games. Just have to 'adjust' the ones looking for a disc to be inserted. I own them but just to lazy to change discs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

gamespy was good back in the quake days when it didnt have all that extra stupid crap on top of it :(

now its rubbish

here's one to put a shudder down your back, anyone remember Mplayer (if thats the name? big purple M was the logo)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPlayer.com

yeah it was really really crap, but the only way to play AVP online :(

Advertisement