Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RMA-When you hear nothing after sending an item back?

Options
  • 14-10-2008 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

im not sure of this is in the right place but im just wondering thats the length of time that an RMA/returning an item takes and what do you do if you have not heard nothing in 3 week despite sending at least 4 emails asking for info on the situation of the item you returned etc?

Is it a case of just "forget about" and it will arrive back whenever or ill hear about when its ready?

I had a bad experience before with returning an item to a well known electrial retailer a whole 6 weeks of being messed around until i demanded it be sorted out.

I feel or im afraid that this company (an online computer/parts website) is me messing about too.

I havnt rang them up about it and my patience is wearing out and im getting frustrated at not knowing what the story is? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Scram wrote: »

I havnt rang them up about it and my patience is wearing out and im getting frustrated at not knowing what the story is? Any suggestions?

So you'd rather ask anonymous internet users rather than pick up the phone and ask the only people who can actually help you? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Your first effort should be to ring them and actually try to speak to someone with regard to returns.

As for the RMA, are you waiting for a refund or credit note? Depending on their system, RMAs might not be processed through to Receivables too often, and therefore it could take a while for the credit to appear on the system.

The only way to know is to get in contact. E-mail is all too easily ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

dudara wrote: »
    Your first effort should be to ring them and actually try to speak to someone with regard to returns.

As for the RMA, are you waiting for a refund or credit note? Depending on their system, RMAs might not be processed through to Receivables too often, and therefore it could take a while for the credit to appear on the system.

The only way to know is to get in contact. E-mail is all too easily ignored.

Im not sure what im waiting for(a new board or credit note i havnt been told what there gonna do) they told me to send the motherboard back in fact it was a complete mess really.

At first i thought it was PSU issue i screwed up as when i tested the PSU on another PC it worked to my surprise. I then told them this and eventaully they told me something about they didnt want the item returned that there was nothing they could do and then they told me to sent it.

Im guessing its just sitting gathering dust somewhere as normally the RMA folks email you very quickly to tell you its faulty (had an RMA before and they were very quick to sort it out)

Thanks kinda stupid of me to email them when they didnt bother emailing me back. Ill phone them up tomorrow i guess.

Zzippy wrote: »
    So you'd rather ask anonymous internet users rather than pick up the phone and ask the only people who can actually help you? :rolleyes:

:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What company is it? Others might have dealt with them and be able to offer some advice.

jor el wrote: »
    What company is it? Others might have dealt with them and be able to offer some advice.

komplett.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They have an interaction board here, post your details and see if you get a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Try the Biz > Consumer Interaction > Komplett forum

I'll move this thread there if you like.

dudara

Advertisement