Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom Vista 200kbit/7mbit XP 7mbit/7mbit :(

Options
  • 14-10-2008 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

hey lads, lately i have huge problem with broadband.

On mine Vista dell xps420 pc i get barely 200kbit/s speed, even less. sometimes i wait for 5 mins to open website, when i connected mine old pc with XP it runs perfectly. full speed.

Now i allready did 4 clean reinstalls of vista, updated all drivers posible, 2 times. updated netopia router. Did scans before and after reinstalls of vista...

I called to eircom, and they said its all fine, i used 15eu top up, and i got discconected... and still no help...

then they told me to do: netstat /a. And i got about 50 lines of udp and tcp lines. they said it should be 15... ( how many you got with vista lads?)

I had 3mbit internet and it was same, and i upgraded to 7mbit yesterday, and its all same...

It drives me crazy for last 3 days i just reinstalling mine pc, updating it, then deleting again, doing factory reinstalls, and nothing...

i just dont know what to do :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

First thing that comes to mind is a hardware issue on the vista box. Have you looked into that?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CiaranC wrote: »
    First thing that comes to mind is a hardware issue on the vista box. Have you looked into that?

vista box? can you tell me more detailed plz.

vista box? can you tell me more detailed plz.

338848625.png

last test aswell thats from 7mbit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

I had a similar problem when I installed vista first. turned out it was a network card drivers issue. I just rolled back the drivers and everything was sorted.

The latest drivers since work no problems.

I had a similar problem when I installed vista first. turned out it was a network card drivers issue. I just rolled back the drivers and everything was sorted.

The latest drivers since work no problems.

huh mate? can you be more detailed? you got older drivers or newer ones? how did you do it all together m8?

• Advertisement
Advertisement