Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Inspiron Laptop, Word 2003 is gone

• 14-10-2008 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭

reinstalled vista at the weekend.

word 2003 is gone however. i dont think i got a cd when i bought it.

anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

It should have come in the systems disk or in a separate CD with a license number if it was originally installed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved from laptops.
    Reinstalling windows would indeed have gotten rid of word. As said, did you not get an MS office disk?
    If you didn't you could always download open office, it's free and works really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭McSween

problem solved.

there are a million dell cd's here and i was looking for an actual Word 2003 cd. but it is a part of the Works Plus disc (i bought word in addition to works for an extra 20). So it is now re-installed.

many thanks for your help

if only i could get XP instead of the damned vista though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

in your million of dell CDs do u not have one copy of XP :)

i think i have about 4 of them here ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

I used to never keep old CD's that came with computers. Got stung a few times where i needed them so I always keep them. Of course finding them when you need them is another story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭McSween

notsamhail wrote: »
    in your million of dell CDs do u not have one copy of XP :)

i think i have about 4 of them here ! :)

I have a few copies of XP :) but, Vista is deadly to replace if it is preinstalled. Apparently it us easy to do if the pc contained XP in the first place but mine came with Vista on it.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

It appears that you don't like vista, is there something wrong with it? Would it be worth upgrading to it from XP or not?

Advertisement