Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Review: lovely hotel in Prague!

• 14-10-2008 7:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've seen plenty of threads from people asking for hotel recommendations for Prague. My boyfriend and I are just back from a 3 night trip, and found a really nice place ....

It's called the Metamorphis Hotel, and it's situated in a little square at the back of the Old Town Square. It was quiet enough considering the brilliant location - everywhere is within walking distance, and our room looked out over Tyn Cathedral ... we were up in a corner room in the attic and we had beams going through the room and even into the bathroom (which was spotless by the way, with a great big shower!)

http://www.hotelmetamorphis.cz/

We paid about 115 per night, which included a very good breakfast (with decent coffee) in the gothic style basement. I think we booked through www.venere.com or www.booking.com

Anyway, attached is a pic of our room. I hope you find this useful, I always look for recommendations myself when going somewhere .. anyway Prague is gorgeous, so have a ball! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 markdevas

Hotel Rott. Right in the centre, very nice rooms, good food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Was in Prague last week for the first time. Loved it.
    We stayed in The Icon Hotel and absolutely loved it. Gorgeous hotel and reasonable price.
    Its in new town, bout 3 mins from wenceslas square. Def recommend it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

I was in prague with the gf last month and have to say it was a great city to visit. However the trip didnt start off too well as our flight from cork with aer lingus had to be diverted to nuremburg due to fog. We then had a 3hr journey on the autobhan to prague.

We booked the akcent hotel near the andel station in mala strana. I found the service to be excellent and the breakfast was fine. The room included a safe and good air conditioning. I found the surronding area to be rather dour but with the metro nearby it only took us 10 mins to get into the centre.

A dinner with just the main course cost roughly 10 euro if you have time to look for a decent restaurant. Nearly every visitor site costed money and anywhere near the centre money was required to use toilet facilities.

The view of prague in the observation tower on top of petrin hill and the view of the river passing over the bridge were the highlights of my trip! Overall it was a fantastic experience!

regards,
    tech2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭aloevera

umm pragues lovely!! we stayed at corinthia panorama, and it is right beside the pancrac metro station... breakie buffet included. was only 47per night for the room!!and it was top class!!!!!

howevver you had to pay extra to use the swimming pool etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

...you'd be hard pressed to beat the Czech Inn - http://www.czech-inn.com/home.php

A little bit of a stroll (or a short hop on the bus) from the city but a lovely, friendly, clean place. Real boutique kind of a feel to it, more like a nice hotel with shared rooms. Nice bedrooms, bar and the bathrooms are savage too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement