Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union

Options
  • 14-10-2008 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Can you be a member of more than one credit union?? My son has an account in one, but now the school are doing a savings incentive for their local credit union so can he have an account in both? Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Redpunto wrote: »
    Can you be a member of more than one credit union?? My son has an account in one, but now the school are doing a savings incentive for their local credit union so can he have an account in both? Cheers
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Thankyou

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

No.
    This was the answer I was given recently by 2 diff Credit Unions.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

No.
    This was the answer I was given recently by 2 diff Credit Unions.....
    I asked and was given a yes. I guess ask them then OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Redpunto wrote: »

There is no law against it, some will not accept member who are members of other credit unions, but they hjave no access to membership records of other cu's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

In that case, say nothing - play dumb, and just open another account.
    'Play' the system, isn't that what we do best !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

If you belong to more than one 'common bond', then, yes, you can join more than one credit union.

Advertisement