Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert students - We need you!

Options
  • 14-10-2008 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hello everyone! Hope you're all enjoying 6th year so far and are probably buried in work already. Some of you may know of the blog we ran last year. A blog written by three of us, detailing our experiences of the leaving cert year.

Now that we're all in college and have moved on, We need new writers! With a new website currently in the works, we figured we'd try keep the site alive as many enjoyed it. So the deal is, we've dropped the ads, we need the writers and you have a chance to possibly make it into the papers!

So if you're interested, head on over to leaving-cert.net and read the submission details.

Have fun :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 bitterstudent

I was one of the writers on the site last year and I would recommend the experience to anyone (that's a leaving cert student ;) ). Besides being fun it takes your mind off the more important things for just a moment, which you need. You also get feedback and discussion from other leaving cert students charting their alike experiences. I also had a few articles featured in the Irish times including pics for my ego. ;) Just go for it people!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Heh I might do this to avoid annoying people who read my other blog with "hate leaving cert, wish I were in college ;_;" posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Hey, I like those posts (if you're talking about the one I read)... makes me enjoy college all the more. >.>

Piste, hope to hear from you. We're having great fun going through the submissions so far. We're getting all sorts of articles from the down right strange to the unnaturally intelligent! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Does it have to be real, or could someone pose as an institute student doing the LC for the fourth time to get into medicine?

• Advertisement

Does it have to be real, or could someone pose as an institute student doing the LC for the fourth time to get into med?

:pac: eh... no. All applicants must be in the actual position of a leaving cert student. ;) although those who lie could technically pass for students. :p give it a go Cokehead Mother. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I applied..
    Who wouldn't be interested in hearing the tales of a complete HERO who's repeating in an all boy's school? A female hero that is. 1400 boys. And me.

Oh God.

You have my sympathy 0/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭teckoda

We've received quite a number of submissions so far. Some very interesting ones I have to say!

Piste wrote: »
    Oh God.

You have my sympathy 0/

Well, I lied. There's actually 1400 boys. Me. And then 11 other girls.
    But whatever, it's still an amazing situation.

• Advertisement

I dunno, 11 other girls to rescue you, not quite as amazing! Are you friends with them all or do you constantly compete for the guys' attention?

Piste wrote: »
    I dunno, 11 other girls to rescue you, not quite as amazing! Are you friends with them all or do you constantly compete for the guys' attention?

Compete? Oh, it's no competition. Those 11 loserzzzz are totally marginilised, watching from the peripheries as 1400 boys swarm around me on a daily basis.
    Well.. something like that anyway.... :p

its official the site is kicking off for another year :D and I'm sure some of you in this topic are our new bloggers. :cool:

Advertisement