Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Low Biz Jet. Dublin City Centre.

Options
  • 14-10-2008 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

All,

Did anyone else see a biz jet travelling Westwards at a very low altitude this (tuesday) evening.

It crossed over the Dept. of Defence buildings in Infirmary road D8 at about 18.15.

It had two rear fuselage mounted engines, was so low and gone so quickly I couldnt catch any markings.

Possibly Baldonnel bound, but was way too low for that far out.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Maybe routing to Weston? It probably wasnt below 1500ft...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

It was most likely either the Air Corps Lear or Gulfstream routing back to Baldonnel. As we know our glorious leaders don't like having to travel across the city to Baldonnel, so they invariably prefer to spend the taxpayers money on pointless flights across the city by the goverment jets.

On the other hand, it could have been a jet routing to Weston using the VOR approach. Conditions were a bit bad yesterday and an instrument approach would be neccessary. Bad weather and low clouds often exaggerate the lowness of aircraft.

My money is on the Air Corps though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

Do they really use the Air Corps corporate jets to fly across the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Fabio wrote: »

LMAO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

and sarcasm detectors across the city explode as a result of too high sensitivity settings! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Saw this, and it sure did seem low flying up over the quays. Couldn't hear a sound out it though. I think the nose gear was down too.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chiron

I havent seen it done in a while but Bertie regularly had both the G5 and the Learjet flown in to Dublin to collect him rather than drive to Bal. Then on the way home he would be dropped of in Dublin and the jets would reposition back to Bal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Chiron wrote: »
    I havent seen it done in a while but Bertie regularly had both the G5 and the Learjet flown in to Dublin to collect him rather than drive to Bal. Then on the way home he would be dropped of in Dublin and the jets would reposition back to Bal.

Damnit you got there before me, this still happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Saw this, and it sure did seem low flying up over the quays. Couldn't hear a sound out it though. I think the nose gear was down too.

I hope the main gears were down too otherwise that would have been a landing that would make the news!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

What a bloody waste, whats the airtime between BAL and DUB like 5 minutes if even that? Hardly any time to even do checklists :) Thats a nice fingers up to all the hard working people sitting on the M50 as he cruises overhead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

pclancy wrote: »
    What a bloody waste, whats the airtime between BAL and DUB like 5 minutes if even that? Hardly any time to even do checklists :) Thats a nice fingers up to all the hard working people sitting on the M50 as he cruises overhead.

About 2.5minutes. And i seriously doubt any checkilsts are done.;)

Advertisement