Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

c4 picasso problem

Options
  • 14-10-2008 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

handbrake fault light was coming on and a fuel consumption indicator had to be checked on a recall
    when they uploaded the new program they had fault which read"particle filter" and could not rid it said they would have to redo it and gave me a replacement car
    i dont know a thing about cars, so can this type of thing happen when uploading and update information

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It sounds like the new software download was not configured correctly for your C4 - this can happen sometimes - it's rare but I've heard of it before. I'd say they just need to do the configuration again.

Was this fault present as soon as you sat into the car at collection or did you have to drive for while before it appeared?

Nothing to worry about really unless this new fault persists. Post back and let us know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

sorry for the delay (putting the kids to bed)
    the mechanic took it out for the test drive and while he was out the "particle indicator" lamp came on
    so they couldnt give it back to me with a fault
    they did tell me that the engine had to be cold before they could upload the updates, and i havent a clue if thats true or not
    they could have told me that the willy wonka mechanism was gone and i wouldnt have know if it was true or not

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

OK - glad to hear that the dealer spotted the fault - that's a good thing.

And yes, the engine must be cold before an internet configuration is done. I reckon you'll be OK. As I say, let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

they dropped it back today all in working order
    so happy days

Advertisement