Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL open day 08

Options
  • 14-10-2008 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

i am just back from todays open day in ul and im sorry to say i was very dissapointed with it .. it wasnt very well organised .. all the talks were on at the same time and trying to get around was very difficult. there was also alot of waiting around for things .. also the shuttle bus to lit was impossible to get on .. there was always a mad rush to get on it!! sorry that im ranting but i was generally dissapointed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭leprehaungirl

I actually thought it was very good altho it was a bit messy The lectures i talked to were real helpful telling me all about their courses etc...had a bitv a nose around the students vilages aswell they seem alrite... The weather made everything ten times worse though infairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Trust me, i went for the open day in 2006 and i thought U.L. would be the blandest, disorganised and boring place going. From the open day all i could see was dullness and a lack of anything going on. However when i started college i realised that the place is actually mental and usually at least pretty well organised.

Ive since dropped out done some time up in dcu and just recently got a transfer back down to ul. I can deffinatly say in my opinion at least that U.L. is a better college all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

The weather probasbly ruined it for most people yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

It really wasnt badly organised today iI thought, it was just the number of people there messed things up. I couldnt get any info on the student villages and didnt even see them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

all the info you need on the student villages is n the stickies to be honest

after recomending kilmurry to everyone after last year i strongly withdraw that recomendation now the new manager is a pain in the balls and theres loads of vandalism

• Advertisement

I recomend Dromroe or Thomand. Never was too gone on cappa, Plassey is great craic for first years but the houses arent the best. Killmurry is handy if your into sports cause its near the gym, all weather pitches etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Ul Rocks,Was there today and although i didn't go to any lectures(lost the map and not a clue where to go)I really liked the place,went to the sports arena and its huge,also played basketball with a person called "Wong" i think,it was nice of him to let us play!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

i walked randomly for 10 mins to find the sports centre, then decided we didnt want to go there and went back to the general place area thing! And getting drenched in the process!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I walked for ages to find the sports centre. I just kept asking the people in the yellow tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

We lost our map and couldnt find the sports centre...Anyone who we asked for help in the orange t-shirts were really bitchy!

Thought the funniest thing was the fella on the Arts/History table...."Now are you interested in History...or the free pen?" :D:D:D for most, it was the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

blue-army wrote: »
    We lost our map and couldnt find the sports centre...Anyone who we asked for help in the orange t-shirts were really bitchy!

Thought the funniest thing was the fella on the Arts/History table...."Now are you interested in History...or the free pen?" :D:D:D for most, it was the latter.
    Heheh, the amount of people who came over for the free sticky furry things (which inevitably ended up stuck to someone's school jumper).

As for the orange t-shirts, should have asked the handsome fellows in the light blue ones (*cough cough*)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭McGetty

I agree with Patricide, the UL open day I went to sucked, I only came here because my sister did and loved the place - and she was right. With the college closed for the day, you don't get any of the atmosphere that's usually around the place. And I'm sure the weather made it pretty miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭bogshepherd

i missed the open day, but am defo goin there next year for phys nd bio teachin, can anyone tell me what that course is like, and also can anyone advise me which village to choose between dromroe or thomond. thanks!

Dromroe is closer to campus and the rooms are just as nice as thomand, on the down side theres not as many first years there. Id advise thomand as theres more first years and the place is savage.

I remember the open day i went to back in 2005. They didnt put in much effort. Got the impression thay they didnt care if we wint to UL or not. Im in my fourth year there so its not all bad!

Advertisement