Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gjp tourney messages

Options
  • 14-10-2008 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭

Plz stop it. Annoying as fcuk, especially when you have to click before you can do a bet action.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

luckylucky wrote: »
    Plz stop it. Annoying as fcuk, especially when you have to click before you can do a bet action.

had to log out today to stop it poppping on me... i looked in the settings and can find nothing to turn off....

I was even playing on another site and they kept popping and blocking my action

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

you can't turn them off - me and max power where onto live support - and they said you can't turn them off

is it a gjp thing or network wide i wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

Not network wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

Macspower wrote: »
    is it a gjp thing or network wide i wonder

gjp specific -the messages i glanced at were gjp tournies and i have been on other ipoker sites today and did not got any stuff.

Also while I'm biatching... why tf can you not open up more than 1 tournament lobby in iPoker. F'in hell I thought that was something that would have been well sorted by now :mad:

oh yeah and hello Mac how the fook r yeah? :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

iPoker :rolleyes:

I actually wonder if iPoker is actually successful because of it's sh1te software. Why?... Well the fish don't care or don't realise it's crap.. while the more purist poker player goes to full-tilt or pokerstars, the iPoker sharks are there coz there's enough fish to go around and they put up with the software coz of the fish rather than having to contend with tougher less profitable games on the 2 bigger sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

I can't play with these alerts!!! it's ridiculous. i've been onto support 3 times now. It makes it really difficult to 6 or 8 table.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭eamonzo

luckylucky wrote: »
    I actually wonder if iPoker is actually successful because of it's sh1te software. Why?... Well the fish don't care or don't realise it's crap.. while the more purist poker player goes to full-tilt or pokerstars, the iPoker sharks are there coz there's enough fish to go around and they put up with the software coz of the fish rather than having to contend with tougher less profitable games on the 2 bigger sites.

Plus the 'loyalty schemes' blow way all the other networks.

ocallagh wrote: »
    I can't play with these alerts!!! it's ridiculous. i've been onto support 3 times now. It makes it really difficult to 6 or 8 table.

lmfao I'm playing 2 mtts at the mo and in the last few mins I have got moved tables about 6 times. do I really need 12 messages to tell me this and that I 'have' to click on ok before I do anything else!!! Jesus...I've had a bad enough day as it is if I wasn't used to by hard earned experience of dealing with tilt I'd be off the richter scale at this stage
    eamonzo wrote: »
    Plus the 'loyalty schemes' blow way all the other networks.

Yip...that's a mega factor no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

There are better "loyalty scheme" offers out there but those networks don't have sheer number of players and games Ipoker does.

Lol, I had no idea you could only have 1 tournament lobby screen open. That's actually hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Are their no 3rd party software application that could stop these ?

Or maybe someone with a bit of knowledge could do up an AHK script. Here's one that used for party poker

http://overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/DeMonster

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

Its just gjp, they send out "brodcast messages" but seem to do it allot more than other ipoker sites

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Is it just me or have the pop up messages got more frequent all of a sudden? I've only really started to notice them a lot in the last couple of days and they are a pain in the arse esp when you are multi-tabling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭smcb

surely the reason you can't open up 2 different skins at once is to stop people playing games under 2 accounts or more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

does that party patch fix the website popup issues?

cant test im at work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

In a thread a few weeks ago I recommended GJP over other ipoker skins to someone because they didn't put out these messages. They're unbelievably annoying. Titan is worse though, constantly getting pop-ups about tourneys and every now and then you get a nice message from support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

max_power wrote: »
    Titan is worse though, constantly getting pop-ups about tourneys and every now and then you get a nice message from support.

Bet365 used to drive me mad by waiting until I opened a load of tables and then cold calling me on live chat for an inane "Hi, how are you enjoying playing with us?"

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll bring this to the lads attention and see what can be done about it. We definitely aren't interested in bugging you guys so it sounds like something has gone wrong or someone is doing something they shouldnt :)

DeV.

It got so bad I just gave up and withdrew what i had on there... someone let me know when it's sorted and I'll head back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

This has now been sorted. Bluesq had upped the frequency of pop ups to promote some particular events. They will no longer pop up for GJP players.

Advertisement