Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vehicle Licensing Certificate & NCT

Options
  • 14-10-2008 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭

I have my NCT tomorrow and can't find my Vehicle Licensing Certificate. In your experience do they generally look for it ? Last minute prep unfortunately :o

Thanks,
    JK

Comments

jaykay74 wrote: »
    I have my NCT tomorrow and can't find my Vehicle Licensing Certificate. In your experience do they generally look for it ? Last minute prep unfortunately :o

Thanks,
    JK

I nct'd a car for a friend of mine there a few weeks ago. He wasnt around at the time so I didnt have the VLC. I said it to them before I paid that I didnt have it and all he said was we will sort that after. The car passed and it wasnt mentioned again.

So I would say just say it to them and I dont think you will have any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Not a scientifically significant sample (one!) but they never asked for mine when I had mine done last time (although I did have it with me).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

they didnt pay much attention to it when i brought my car in,i put it onto the counter and she didnt even look at it!,she was more interested in the 49euro,car failed that time when i went back about 2 weeks later i had it inside an envelope, again they didnt even look at it,
    you might get lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Never been asked. 1st time I had it out, after that kept in my pocket. There was a queue ahead of me last time and no one was asked. All they want is your cash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

They never ask OP. I've put hundreds of cars through the NCT and I've never been asked once for a vehicle licence cert. Don't forget to take the hub caps off and clear out the boot. Also check bulbs all around and drive the car up about a metre from a wall and turn on the dip beams and check if they are roughly the same level off the ground. Good luck with it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Yes I've NTC'd about 4 times and never once did they ask for it. I think it's required to have it just incase something shows up they are unsure on and need to check like vehicle weight or seat amount or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Thanks for all the feedback. As you said there was no mention of the cert and the car passed the NCT, happy days. :)

Advertisement