Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Nationals flying in for the day to sign on the dole

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

tv3 wrote: »
    I had an idea you would say that.Hopefully the government make it very hard for the immigrants and let them know that they are not wanted and are the cause of 90% of scamming in IRELAND !

Why wouldn't I say that, your post was grossly misinformed. You seem to be going all out for rediculous posts today.
    Sorry my mistake..its 93% !:D

You seem to be making several today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭tv3

Why wouldn't I say that, your post was grossly misinformed. You seem to be going all out for rediculous posts today.

You seem to be making several today.
    Know it is not miss informed !As i said 93% of scamming in ireland are non irish people and that does include POLISH in the 93%..:eek:i hope you understand now.Sorry to write the truth :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

AARRRGH wrote: »
    If a foreign person comes to Ireland and commits a crime, is that worse than an Irish person living in Ireland who commits a crime?

Or are they equally as bad?

What if the foreign person is from the EU and has a right to live here?
    What if the foreign person is not from the EU and does not have a right to live here?

I think a lot of people feel it's "less bad" if it is an Irish person. Can an amateur philosopher give her opinions on this? :)

Whilst I do not condone any welfare fraud, your argument above has one
    major flaw.

If an Irish person commits welfare fraud the money they receive is most likely spent in Ireland
    and benefits this country somewhat. (Google the multiplier effect in an economy if you're
    unfamiliar with it).

If a foreign national commits welfare fraud, claiming the dole here but
    living abroad, chance are any money they receive from the Irish taxpayers
    is taken out of the country and benefits no-one in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

So my anecdotes>your anecdotes. Unless... the plural of anecdote is not data? :D

How am I supposed to debate with you if you're stealing my lines? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

So she's flying over and back from Poland every week to collect her dole in the post office? Fair play to her - our airlines need all the help they can get these days

She only needs to sign on once a month. Her dole will will be paid into her bank account every week, hence making it cost effective

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Know it is not miss informed !As i said 93% of scamming in ireland are non irish people and that does include POLISH in the 93%..:eek:i hope you understand now.Sorry to write the truth :D

Well as AnonoBoy asked 'Where did you get your statistics?'. Everyone knows 85.6% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I strongly suspect that what you've said is far from the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    So she's flying over and back from Poland every week to collect her dole in the post office?
    Irish guys used to travel over to London to do same in the eighties. Sauce, goose, gander, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Like TV licence inspectors I am sure Welfare Officer's have heard it all, just report and feel good in the knowledge you did the right thing.

I'm polish. Not a word of english.

Reesy wrote: »
    Irish guys used to travel over to London to do same in the eighties. Sauce, goose, gander, etc.

Sauce, goose, gander, my arse.:rolleyes: What some Irish people did in the past doesn't stop other Irish people criticising what some Polish scammers do now.

At that rate no German can criticise some dictator for war crimes because some Germans years ago committed war crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

knightmare wrote: »
    I know of a german girl in cork doing the exact same thing. Flight in once a month, signs on, stays for a few days & back to germany. Easy money... she may not be working in germany though if thats some consolation.
    So report her ... simple as.
    DubArk wrote: »
    When the UK went into recession in the late eighties they didn’t start blaming all the hundred of thousands of Irish that emigrated there as migrant workers!:rolleyes:
    In fairness, DubArk, the same type of xenophobic idiots probably did ... but that doesn't mean they were right!
    I had an idea you would say that.Hopefully the government make it very hard for the immigrants and let them know that they are not wanted and are the cause of 90% of scamming in IRELAND !
    The needle on my bull****ometer just went off the scale ... I wonder why?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

there will be something done if you report this , i have seen something done about its up to you now to put a stop to it !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Ziggurat

james123 wrote: »
    there will be something done if you report this , i have seen something done about its up to you now to put a stop to it !!!!

damnforeigners.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

nevf wrote: »
    If that was me, and I had a knife....

Fúcking tax payers money being given to scabby little fúckers like that.

+1 and people know its going on yet doing nothing about it.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Im kind of confused here. There appear to be a number of people posting crabbing that they know someone illegally recieving social welfare and generally this is frowned upon- Im clear up to this point.

What confuses me is that there is a huge reluctance to report these con artists. Can someone please explain why? It is as simple as phoning up your local social welfare office and giving over all the details you know. It can be done anon.

Personally I dont care if your black, blue, green, tartan or striped, Irish, Polish or martian-you take my tax money illegally Ill happily see your ass hauled up.

Do something about it or shut up and accept that there will be more tax hikes and cut backs on the way regardless of the state of the global economy.

As for those who think its a waste of time.........refer to the sentence above.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Reesy wrote: »

What Irish people do abroad is the problem of that particular country until they are shipped back here to become our problem again. Whats happening here is our problem and should be dealt with.

Should we let people away with any crime that has previously been committed by an Irish person somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

You need to look at what actually happens on the ground though. As one poster pointed out, the dole over the summer was filled with Irish students who couldn't get work. Go into your spar shop and tell me how many times you see the same faces there. Not too often? Thats because they overhire like crazy, give everyone twelve hours a week, and deny them any benefits. While gross unemployment may not have gone up, the effect on low skilled and unskilled workers was severe.

Since when are students allowed to sign on over the summer? Even though I had dropped out of college I had to wait 3 months to be allowed sign on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

OP - report the f**ker asap. Recession or no recession, this dude is creaming €500 a week for himself, wife and kids most likely. That's €12,000 he's stolen from the taxpayer since he moved home. I wouldn't mind seeing him made pay it all back with regular Revenue Comissioners interest rates :)

What a cúnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

DCC160 wrote: »
    Well it'll cost them an extra tenner to leave now every month :D

Don't forget the rises will cancel that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 DanishViking

I don't recall sending an email to Poland asking for a hand..

You(the Irish people) voted in the government and to be in the EU--> Your Government in EU voted for the free movement of workers within EU-->The EU(and all members states have to agree) invited Poland to Join as a full member=You(the Irish people) invited the poles to come to Ireland and work, it's called democracy :pac:

Utter tripe. Economies get wealthy THEN the poor immigrants arrive, not the other way around. Causation is not correlation. In fact in Keynesian terms, economic migrants are pure poison for an economy, representing serious leakage and driving down wages for everyone else.

[That might be true in a textbook kind of fashion. I'm not an economist(don't need to be to have an opinion) I only quoted what the nice man reading the news on RTE1 said the first week I was here.(and that was that Ireland would need 5000 new immigrants a month to keep the economy in place)
    There were almost 18,000 African-originated children granted citizenship under the born in Ireland clause in our constitution, now stricken from the constitution. Add their families in there and get back to me. As well as that, Polish culture is very far from Irish culture, not just in language. Not sure why you're denigrating our ability to absorb other cultures though. Not Irish yourself? .

Firstly, no I'm not Irish (danishViking!),
    Secondly, not denigrating Irelands ability to integrate other cultures, just saying that most of the problems between original population and newcomers (in other countries) are the two big R's= race and religion. And since 90% of your legal immigrants are white and catholic, I would imagine that the integration/assimilation would be easier here. Also the cultural difference between most European countries is not that big. We all share the same kind of greater culture (the legacy of the Greek culture/Alexander the great), the European culture.
    Don't know why you mention the 18 thousand children of African ethnicity since they are, technically, Irish. But even if you throw in their families (mom+ dad, let’s say another 40 thousand) that would only amount to 1% of the Irish populating, hardly enough to change the ethnic demography of Ireland (compare it to Germany who has 8% non-ethnic German, German citizens)
    Is there some problem with their gaining citizenship that I might have missed here? Or do they want the benefits of being a citizen without the responsibility?

Yes it is extremely hard to become a Danish citizen. We have the harshest laws on immigration in the entire EU. Think we might actually be in lawsuit in the European Supreme Court for infringing on people human rights, because of it. Also you have to live and work in Denmark for 7 years before you can apply for nationalization.
    Nah, you sound sour that we managed to make it work here where so many of our "cultural betters" have failed before us, us tick padies.

Nope not sour, just thought you had a xenophobic twang to your thread, and wanted to reply. And I would never imply that Irish culture is in any way inferior to any other culture, nor call anyone here a “tick paddies"
    I didn’t come here because of the Celtic tiger, but because I genially like Ireland, its people and culture
    So eh, why are you arguing with me. I agree.
    Again because I sensed a bit of the ol’ xenophobia in your thread and also because debate is the sign of a healthy democracy:D

Well as AnonoBoy asked 'Where did you get your statistics?'. Everyone knows 85.6% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I strongly suspect that what you've said is far from the truth.
    Its very clear you immigrants are screwing the country !You could look it up on the internet that 93% of scamming in ireland are immigrants and that was a report issued in june !
    Immigrants do nothing good for ireland,any money they have they ship back to there "poor" country !:eek:

As you can see ive no time for these !:D

• Advertisement

Its very clear you immigrants are screwing the country !You could look it up on the internet that 93% of scamming in ireland are immigrants and that was a report issued in june !
    Immigrants do nothing good for ireland,any money they have they ship back to there "poor" country !:eek:

There was a report issued in July saying that only 6% of scamming in Ireland is done by immigrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

The only stat that i could find that supported what you were saying came from "Stormfront Ireland White Nationalist issues in Ireland!" :eek:

Who's scamming who here? :D

javaboy wrote: »
    There was a report issued in July saying that only 6% of scamming in Ireland is done by immigrants.
    Can you back up your point???:rolleyes:

DubArk wrote: »
    The only stat that i could find that supported what you were saying came from "Stormfront Ireland White Nationalist issues in Ireland!" :eek:

Who's scamming who here? :D
    Whats your point:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭el_bandita

Who cares what the truth is? It rains in Ireland, because of us...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

axel rose wrote: »
    Im kind of confused here. There appear to be a number of people posting crabbing that they know someone illegally recieving social welfare and generally this is frowned upon- Im clear up to this point.

What confuses me is that there is a huge reluctance to report these con artists. Can someone please explain why? It is as simple as phoning up your local social welfare office and giving over all the details you know. It can be done anon.

i imagine it's because they're making this shit up.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

Whats your point:confused:

Point been that the only source you’re able to get your stats from is a Right Wing White Nationalist bunch of Nazis!?

Is that really a trustworthy source?

May be you’re a fully signed up member? If that's the case need I say anymore!
    As I said who's scamming who here? Get the point NOW! :rolleyes:

That's not too far from the percentage of immigrants in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Amazing. Thing is I happen to have a report here that says any posting on boards.ie made by someone with three or less characters in their name is actually the work of a troll and should be discounted as such.

Call over to my office and I'll show it to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

That's not too far from the percentage of immigrants in the country.

I don't think you understand percentages very well.

If 6% of scams in the country are run by immigrants (and we're making that figure up here) then it means that the percentage of immigrants who are scammers is LOWER than the percentage of Irish people who are scammers since about 10% of the population is made up of immigrants.

Advertisement