Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Nationals flying in for the day to sign on the dole

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭tv3

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Amazing. Thing is I happen to have a report here that says any posting on boards.ie made by someone with three or less characters in their name is actually the work of a troll and should be discounted as such.

Call over to my office and I'll show it to you.
    Im sure you would know a awful lot about a troll:D.I know the truth hurts by there ya go:rolleyes:

I don't think you understand percentages very well.

If 6% of scams in the country are run by immigrants (and we're making that figure up here) then it means that the percentage of immigrants who are scammers is LOWER than the percentage of Irish people who are scammers since about 10% of the population is made up of immigrants.
    What is your problem dude.You were given the stats now dont go trying adding percentages and the population because you will look more stupid doing that !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

tv3 wrote: »
    What is your problem dude.You were given the stats now dont go trying adding percentages and the population because you will look more stupid doing that !

I was given the stats? By who? Oh wait - you mean the figure you made up and couldn't support with a link to any sort of reliable source?

Oh yeah. Forgot about that.

Carry on.

I was given the stats? By who? Oh wait - you mean the figure you made up and couldn't support with a link to any sort of reliable source?

Oh yeah. Forgot about that.

Carry on.
    As i said on a previous post the stats are clear and im here to give my view/responce and not here to PROVE ANYTHING TO YOU but as i said..the truth does hurt ! 93%:D

As i said on a previous post the stats are clear and im here to give my view/responce and not here to PROVE ANYTHING TO YOU but as i said..the truth does hurt ! 93%:D

Wow. This could go in circles for hours.

You have yet to show any stats for anything so I don't see how they could be clear. All you've done is make things up.

• Advertisement

I don't think you understand percentages very well.

If 6% of scams in the country are run by immigrants (and we're making that figure up here) then it means that the percentage of immigrants who are scammers is LOWER than the percentage of Irish people who are scammers since about 10% of the population is made up of immigrants.

There is not a huge difference between 6% and 10% when both figures are best guesses in the first place.

Can anyone provide accurate figures!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Can you back up your point???:rolleyes:

Didn't you read my post. I said there was a report in July. What else do I need to do? :rolleyes:
    There is not a huge difference between 6% and 10% when both figures are best guesses in the first place.

Hey I resent that. My figure of 6% was not a "best guess". I completely made it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

You(the Irish people) voted in the government and to be in the EU--> Your Government in EU voted for the free movement of workers within EU-->The EU(and all members states have to agree) invited Poland to Join as a full member=You(the Irish people) invited the poles to come to Ireland and work, it's called democracy
    To be honest that agreement was signed while Poland was still part of the Soviet Union, and nobody would want to come to Ireland anyway. Times change.
    That might be true in a textbook kind of fashion. I'm not an economist(don't need to be to have an opinion) I only quoted what the nice man reading the news on RTE1 said the first week I was here.(and that was that Ireland would need 5000 new immigrants a month to keep the economy in place)
    And the lesson here is, don't believe everything you see on TV.
    And since 90% of your legal immigrants are white and catholic, I would imagine that the integration/assimilation would be easier here.
    Its not as simple as looking at a sea of faces and going, hey look isn't that nice they are all the same, hence integrated. It takes a lot more than that to absorb immigrants. Even people who are basically the same can have great difficulty mixing, for example sectarian violence in the north here.

Also, catholic isn't as important around these parts as it used to be. Once the kiddy fiddling priest stories hit the press, that was it, really.
    Don't know why you mention the 18 thousand children of African ethnicity since they are, technically, Irish.
    In no way are they Irish except on paper, and they were only allowed that much because it was too expensive to deport them. Their children and grandchildren will be Irish however.
    But even if you throw in their families (mom+ dad, let’s say another 40 thousand) that would only amount to 1% of the Irish populating, hardly enough to change the ethnic demography of Ireland (compare it to Germany who has 8% non-ethnic German, German citizens)
    Two points here, many of these people came with dependents. My next door neighbours are Nigerian, and there are eight of them in the family under the one roof, three generations.

Secondly, it is estimated that 10% of the gross population (not the working population) of Ireland are economic migrants of some sort or another. This is a huge amount in any country, made even more so because they all showed up in the last eight years or so. Thats 10% growth in population due to migrants over 8 years. Nowhere else has seen any such invasion, nor accepted it with such good grace.
    Nope not sour, just thought you had a xenophobic twang to your thread, and wanted to reply.
    Xenophobia is a dislike of foreigners. I merely dislike freeloaders.

Or the internet.

If you read back through the thread you'll see that I got the figure of 10% from the 2006 census.

Here it is again:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0329/census.html

• Advertisement

javaboy wrote: »

Hey I resent that. My figure of 6% was not a "best guess". I completely made it up.

:D

Foreign nationals now account for 10% of the Irish population, according to the 2006 Census Report published by the Central Statistics Office.

The number of foreign nationals living in Ireland has almost doubled to 420,000 in the past two years.

from the 2006 census, but what are they now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

Yes you keep giving this percentage of 93% that your getting from the "Stormfront Ireland White Nationalist issues in Ireland!"

Is this not the case?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

On a positive note: Board Fáilte are reporting a massive increase in short stay tourism from Eastern Europe.

Well according to a recent TNS/MRBI poll of blokes down the pub, the figure stands at approximately 76%.

Unfortunately they're the most recent accurate figures that I can find unless they released figures from another census which I didn't hear about.

I'm sure someone will jump on those figures anyway and say that "all them durty foreigners lie on the census forms anyways. There'd be 15 of them living in a cupboard and they'd say there was only 2 to trick us into giving them more dole and wimmens".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

" and wimmens".

Not our potatoes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 DanishViking

giving them more dole and wimmens".
    Do you apply the same place for both? It's just as a Durty foignar, I think I might be intitled to it...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Its very clear you immigrants are screwing the country !You could look it up on the internet that 93% of scamming in ireland are immigrants and that was a report issued in june !
    Immigrants do nothing good for ireland,any money they have they ship back to there "poor" country !:eek:

As you can see ive no time for these !:D

You immigrants. Who are you referring too? Ahhh I can look it up on the internet, that bastion of reliable information. Always a good place to get the facts from. Sure it's on the internet is it, then it must be true.

Really I'm wasting my time arguing with you. When you say that 'Immigrants do nothing good for the country', it really does call into question your level of education, which leads me to believe that its probably not worth having this discussion with you.
    There are plenty of immigrants who have settled here, bought houses and apartments, just the same as any Paddy. What about all the immigrants going into shops spending their money on clothes, food, videogames, holidays within ireland. Yep they're really scabby aren't they, spending all that money in our country.

Im sure you would know a awful lot about a troll:D.I know the truth hurts by there ya go:rolleyes:

I felt I had no choice but to report your posts. The posters here have been trying to have a reasoned discussion with you but you don't want to back your statements up with links. Your responses border on childish which leads me to believe you're nothing but a troll.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Its very clear you immigrants are screwing the country !You could look it up on the internet that 93% of scamming in ireland are immigrants and that was a report issued in june !
    Immigrants do nothing good for ireland,any money they have they ship back to there "poor" country !:eek:

As you can see ive no time for these !:D

I'd like to see some links to back this up. If I don't see them then it would be wise for you to stop posting such nonsense in this thread again. Also stop throwing the troll word around, people.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

The TV was quoting people like the government, the ESRI and Forfas. I have no idea whether they were right or wrong, but surely you should be arguing the point with them rather than with DanishViking?

I felt I had no choice but to report your posts. The posters here have been trying to have a reasoned discussion with you but you don't want to back your statements up with links. Your responses border on childish which leads me to believe you're nothing but a troll.
    As i said the immigrants do nothing good in my country OK.That is my view and alot of other people would agree with me on it also !Now if you do not like the truth DONT respond to my view/the truth..hope you understand !
    Finally i dont like being called a troll as it is a insult which is not tolerated on this site thanks so i will report this.:D

You immigrants. Who are you referring too? Ahhh I can look it up on the internet, that bastion of reliable information. Always a good place to get the facts from. Sure it's on the internet is it, then it must be true.

Really I'm wasting my time arguing with you. When you say that 'Immigrants do nothing good for the country', it really does call into question your level of education, which leads me to believe that its probably not worth having this discussion with you.
    There are plenty of immigrants who have settled here, bought houses and apartments, just the same as any Paddy. What about all the immigrants going into shops spending their money on clothes, food, videogames, holidays within ireland. Yep they're really scabby aren't they, spending all that money in our country.
    Buying houses,apartments...is that the money from scamming???:eek:I guess yes.And who is paddy???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I've always wanted to say this: "tv3 is banned."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Hahah. Where was the shortage in workers? Why does our economy magically not need them anymore? And as a matter of fact we as you pointed out yourself, are in the EU, where free movement of labour is guaranteed. We were one of the first countries to move on that, but we were bound to do it. I don't recall sending an email to Poland asking for a hand.

Genuine question- why did we need immigrant workers to come here ten or fifteen years ago? I have no problem with immigration myself, I'm just wondering what DanishViking meant by asking workers to come over (I was quite young at the time so I'm not sure what the situation was then :) :pac:)

I don't like anybody who scams the dole or welfare system, Irish or otherwise.

Well there were simply more jobs being created than there were local workers. Plus people started to leave jobs such as cleaning, shop assistants etc as they felt they were dead end and that better jobs could be got.

Isn't it rare now to find someone irish in your local fast food place or a deli.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Well there were simply more jobs being created than here were local workers. Plus people started to leave jobs such as cleaning, shop assistants etc as they felt they were dead end and that better jobs could be got.

Isn't it rare now to find someone irish in your local fast food place or a deli.

Thanks, Kintaro. :) Yeah, it is rare now to find an Irish person in a fast food place, Spar, etc. It saddens me to think that Irish people can be inhospitable to immigrants- I know many immigrants here who are very hard-working- fair play to them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

foreign feckers

no wonder theres a recession

• Advertisement

JP Liz wrote: »
    [sarcasm]
    foreign feckers
    no wonder theres a recession[/sarcasm]

Fixed that for you there. I presume that's the tone you were going for.

Advertisement