Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Nationals flying in for the day to sign on the dole

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    Oh what do we have here,an internet warrior whose only way to rebuttal is to be a smartarse,Ive had plenty of employers who had no problem employing me,

....never doubted it for a minute. Though you've probably never worked in a rope factory. That would come to a bad end.
    RaverRo808 wrote: »
    in reality Im sure your just a geek

....your astute observations of life are not just limited to Polish culture I see....
    VictorM wrote:
    When you smugly say slagging off xenophobes, I presume you mean anyone that has an issue with people flying into the country for the day to claim social welfare,

...thats yet to be proven.

There are apparently people who can claim what used be known as their "stamps" who may have moved back to Poland, but as this is money they paid in while working, they're entitled to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:qNSFcKLkqjQJ:www.cahill-printers.ie/Debates/Xml/30/DAL20080402.PDF

This is in relation to child benefit payments that says fraud by non-citizens is way above fraud by citizens. I can't find the statistic for dole payments at the minute.

Of course, ignore the substance of my post.
    Thanks. Nothing to do with the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Daissy

Sorry guys, dont get me wrong, okay? :D
    some of you are right, yeah, but dont forget that people like me ( over 3yrs in eire) had also paid taxes and had allocated earned money in your country instead of spending them somewhere else....
    now, when i lost my job im also going to go to the dole while looking around for something new.
    unfortunately i also have to agree that this guy is a @%4$$$X bastard, but please be objective and do not judge every pole according to this one example :p
    cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

Dirty smelly foreigns
    Everyone hates yee so drive on the right side of the road home

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dennyboy22

What must the ozzys think of us going over begging for any bit of work???? Yeaaa dirty scumbags taking all our jobs:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭mollypop

For those claiming that we're anti-foreigners for being more upset about this than our own home-grown scammers, well there are a number of reasons:
    1 - At least the dole money stays in the country with our own scammers contributing slightly to our failing economy
    2 - They actually are(at least when it comes to child benefit, I'm sure it's similar for all social welfare) about 8 times more likely to be pulling a scam:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...104710922.html
    I guess your more likely to p1ss in your neighbors back yard than your own.

Saying that it disgusts me how easy people(foreign or otherwise) find it to scam us out of our now badly needed tax money.
    Dont hate the player hate the game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Forgive me, I'm not on the dole...yet and never have been, but how can this actually happen?

Does a person not have to product two or three consecutive bills to sign on or something? To prove you've been living in the state? I don't know..something to that effect?

I mean mobile phone providers ask for this information so how are people getting around it? Is the system that weak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭mollypop

bug wrote: »
    Forgive me, I'm not on the dole...yet and never have been, but how can this actually happen?

Does a person not have to product two or three consecutive bills to sign on or something? To prove you've been living in the state? I don't know..something to that effect?

I mean mobile phone providers ask for this information so how are people getting around it? Is the system that weak?

I imagine it's pretty easy. In fact I could do it right now if I really wanted and live it up in a cheaper country:

-My sister looks quite similar to me(not twins but similar)
    -I loose my job
    Claim to have lost my passport & license(handbag stolen)
    -Get replacements(give originals to my sis)
    -Sign up for credit card with my sisters address or put one of her bills in my name - proof of address
    -Sign on
    -Slip off to Poland or Thailand or where ever I feel like
    -She has my ID, proof of address etc can be me at a moments notice. picks up my moola every week, puts 80% into my a/c, keeps her cut.

Thats a pretty easy way of doing it without every really worrying about coming back into the country. It would be even simpler if you were willing to come back to pick it up.
    in fact no I think of it, I could have quite the nice life for myself in Thailand on 160 a week, now how to convince my sister! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Nodin wrote: »
    There are apparently people who can claim what used be known as their "stamps" who may have moved back to Poland, but as this is money they paid in while working, they're entitled to it.

What are you talking about? They are not entitled to draw the dole while living in another country, it's illegal. It's that simple.
    Dennyboy22 wrote: »
    What must the ozzys think of us going over begging for any bit of work???? Yeaaa dirty scumbags taking all our jobs:confused::confused::confused:

Working in another country is not the same as getting social welfare from another country while living in another...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭pcardin

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    Dirty smelly foreigns
    Everyone hates yee so drive on the right side of the road home
    You sound "very smart"! Irelands future. How old are you little gay? 13? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

1 . chance social services cards
    Put a face pic on it like a passport , so nobody else can use or get anything with it only the right owner of the card
    Same for the medical card

Now its easy to sent someone else to collect the money or use a medical card
    Nobody ask for any id proof

2. dont give them any more days to collect any money but just on day a week
    If the payday is today u can get it only today because u are unemployed so u can collect it on that day by urself with no excuses
    If they didnt collect on that day they have to proof why they didnt collect on that day

3 Use social card as a id card on the jobs too, it means if someone will control illigal workers on site they have a problem
    u must have it with u every day
    if u dont have it with u on site they can arrest u untill someone bring it

4. signing days has to be different times. sent by a letter like today its the 12 u have to come to our office the 14th
    Sending post takes normally one working day and it will reduce long wayting times on the traditional signing days
    Its difficult to get a (cheap)flying ticket on a short time like this

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

change chance to change

What are you talking about? They are not entitled to draw the dole while living in another country, it's illegal. It's that simple.

They aren't getting the dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭pcardin

I don't believe that this is possible. You have to be mad to fly over every week to collect 200eur and spend the same money on the tickets. What's the point? I now for irish people it is always easier to blame foreingers for everything. I think OP just made this story and you all believed him. :(
    I could understand if the money is being collected once in a month time but to fly to Ireland every week....impossible.
    And so far as I can understand your mentality only irish people are allowed to relocate to any country they want and that is ok for you. And before you are saying to any foreigner that he stinks and he is ****ing wanker think about yourself. And to be complete fair lets sweep all irish out of Australia, US, Germany and some other countries. Maybe they also don't want you to be there.
    And what happened with your hospitality? You were such a nice nation even 2 years ago. And whats now? ****! Circus is gone clowns stayed! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

As a foreigner (but not from Poland) I hate that. I am proud of working here and paying taxes. But our neighbours (from Poland) are about to do the same dirty trick. We are just trying to find a way how to prove it.
    If they get 200 a week, the tickets and bus cost about 50. It still makes profit 150 per week.
    I think that the landlord or person who gave them documents allowing them to claim such money (bills, rent, lease) should be prosecuted. This is just WRONG!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

pcardin wrote: »
    I don't believe that this is possible. You have to be mad to fly over every week to collect 200eur and spend the same money on the tickets. What's the point? I now for irish people it is always easier to blame foreingers for everything. I think OP just made this story and you all believed him. :(
    I could understand if the money is being collected once in a month time but to fly to Ireland every week....impossible.
    And so far as I can understand your mentality only irish people are allowed to relocate to any country they want and that is ok for you. And before you are saying to any foreigner that he stinks and he is ****ing wanker think about yourself. And to be complete fair lets sweep all irish out of Australia, US, Germany and some other countries. Maybe they also don't want you to be there.
    And what happened with your hospitality? You were such a nice nation even 2 years ago. And whats now? ****! Circus is gone clowns stayed! :(

Those remarks make you no better then the people your talking about!! You CANT talk about people in Ireland as if their one unit! :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

KhanTheMan wrote: »
    I met a guy who used to live beside me today in the post office.

He lived in the post office? Handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

pcardin wrote: »
    You sound "very smart"! Irelands future. How old are you little gay? 13? :D

THINK YOUR THE BRAVE MAN BEHIND THE COMPUTER !!!
    I suppose your a foreigner too stupid quote

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Too stupid to quote? WTF?

Foreigner's are stupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

This thread has really descended into bad bad depths in the last two pages.

Social Welfare is there to give you a hand up and not a hand out.

You are entitled to it if you have worked in Ireland and paid taxes.

While on it you should be subjected to stronger inspections that you're searching for work.

After a set period of time you should be means tested for it.

You should only get it if you live here in Ireland, no matter whether you're an immigrant or your name is Paddy Murphy.

Those on it for long periods of time (say 12 months or so) should have their cases looked at so as to eliminate anyone who isn't resident here.

**** Anything else I haven't thought of.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You were already infracted for your posts in this thread. Take some time off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Nodin wrote: »
    They aren't getting the dole.

You are not making any sence... They are not getting the dole but they are entitled to it? Explain yourself a little better please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭hurdehur

This thread has really descended into bad bad depths in the last two pages.

Social Welfare is there to give you a hand up and not a hand out.

You are entitled to it if you have worked in Ireland and paid taxes.

While on it you should be subjected to stronger inspections that you're searching for work.

After a set period of time you should be means tested for it.

You should only get it if you live here in Ireland, no matter whether you're an immigrant or your name is Paddy Murphy.

Those on it for long periods of time (say 12 months or so) should be means tested so as to eliminate anyone who isn't resident here.

**** Anything else I haven't thought of.

Electronic tagging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Can I just interject here ...
    Watching the Oireacthas report (yes I tried spelling that without google) tonight it seems that hardly anyone is ever jailed for tax evasion. Last year there was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Four-Too

The thing I can;t understand is that people are bashing and accusing one another, reporting them etc, about claiming dole when they are not entitled to it.
    But greedy cnuts are never accused of being greedy! During the boom, a handful were making exponential profits, and gathering up money left right and centre, and no one finds fault with all this. One of these pigs has enough money to keep a whole town fed for a year.

You are not making any sence... They are not getting the dole but they are entitled to it?

As I already said, they're claiming stamps. Its called Jobseekers benefit now. This is different from the scratcher (Jobseekers allowance). All they're doing is getting back money they paid in when they were working. You only get it for a year or less. Its not the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Is this thread still going? Are there still people out there who honestly believe people are flying into Dublin Airport to collect the Dole?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

CiaranC wrote: »
    Is this thread still going? Are there still people out there who honestly believe people are flying into Dublin Airport to collect the Dole?

The answer to your question is yes. I would hypothesize that said people live in an alternate reality where warp drive and transporters exist so as to facilitate free and rapid movement so as to allow said foreigners scam money they are entitled to by way of having already paid PRSI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 mudakala

I know an irishman living in Cambodia and his brother in Ireland is signing and collecting the money for him from the post office. Should I report?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

mudakala wrote: »
    I know an irishman living in Cambodia and his brother in Ireland is signing and collecting the money for him from the post office. Should I report?
    None of your business TBH. What's next reporting people for smoking grass if they have M.S.? on the other hand if the guys a pri<k then what you waiting for :)

Advertisement