Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Nationals flying in for the day to sign on the dole

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Firstly for gods sake, learn how to use BBcode, your posts are trying enough as it is.
    redout wrote: »
    "If its known" really that is beyond belief that you could say such a thing. That implies the Gardai dont know who enters or leaves the country.

If they're EU citizens they can move about as they please. Been through dublin airport recently?
    There's no record keeping on who passes through, just a quick glance at the passport to make sure it matches up to the person holding it.
    If they are from outside the EU, then yes, there would be records, but internal EU travel? Nope. not a chance.
    redout wrote: »
    The rest of what you wrote more or less is what I said except that you want these people to explain themselves to the dole office whereas I said the Gardai. How many scroungers Irish/Foreign lie through their teeth to the welfare on a regular basis ! Thats why I reckon the Gardai should deal with it if there is enough there to warrant suspicion. I am sure that you will find that less will try lieing if they had to explain themselves to the Gardai and for those that still did lie the Gardai would be more wide to it one would imagine.

So you honestly think we should use garda resources to do the job of the dole office? Well seeing as they've eradicated all the rape, murder, theft i guess they'll need something to occupy their time.......

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

It would take an awful lot of Poles signing on for an awful time to rack up the amounts that debts Irish Banks have passed on to the taxpayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

If they're EU citizens they can move about as they please. Been through dublin airport recently?
    There's no record keeping on who passes through, just a quick glance at the passport to make sure it matches up to the person holding it.
    If they are from outside the EU, then yes, there would be records, but internal EU travel? Nope. not a chance.

The airlines have records of all passengers which the state has access to and not just by air but also by sea. FFS you really defy believe brother ! Do you actually believe persons enter the state unbeknown to the authorities. Do you think the EU is a terrorist safe heavan or something ? I refuse to have any further conversation with someone that thinks you just wave your passport enter a EU country and nobody bats an eyelid or cares who you are. So one can pack there bag tomorrow and head off to France, disembark at De Gaulle wave the passport and the French dont know that your in there country :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

It would take an awful lot of Poles signing on for an awful time to rack up the amounts that debts Irish Banks have passed on to the taxpayer.

Well it does not help if we have to pay that money too !!!
    I was in Dublin the other day and every second person is either black
    or a foreigner so u tell me what wrong with the country or maybe there
    country for that matter because the last time i checker there is noting
    stopping them from going home only the Doll

Irish Doll a week = €200 A months wages in Poland = €200

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    Well it does not help if we have to pay that money too !!!
    I was in Dublin the other day and every second person is either black
    or a foreigner so u tell me what wrong with the country or maybe there
    country for that matter because the last time i checker there is noting
    stopping them from going home only the Doll

My Doll costs me much more than E200 a week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

D.R cowboy wrote: »

That you Cliff?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

My Doll costs me much more than E200 a week

Does that include inflation or deflation.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Does that include inflation or deflation.
    No, but it includes the pump (inflation) and a puncture repair (deflation) kit! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

dont agree with any social welfare fraud - why should i pay in my taxes - very hard earned for others to take advantage...of the foreign nationals who live here and get housed etc they only get 19.10 euro basic money (means tested down to that amount) most get the irish amount 204.30 euro... though they get grooming allowance so they can keep up with their cultures with their hair styles and grooming, they get more travel allowance, buggy allowances, few people last xmas got more in xmas bonus than the irish...they also get a few thousand euro towards a car (that is true)and so on fairness and equality ...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

shezzie wrote: »
    though they get grooming allowance so they can keep up with their cultures with their hair styles and grooming,

Are you for real :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Forget about them flying in to collect social welfare and free cars, I hear they're flying in to catch our swans.

openroad yes thats true i pay out social welfare allowance2 and know people in car industry who received the cheques as payment. the amount might be different now but true none the less...

god damn it leave the swans alone...theyve gone too far now

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Forget about them flying in to collect social welfare and free cars, I hear they're flying in to catch our swans.

and our women!!!:mad:

then again on second taughts ...they're welcome to them

ah fryup we not all bad.....the foreign men have shown us some things...yeah maybe your right irish men who needs em.....;)

fryup wrote: »
    and our women!!!:mad:

then again on second taughts ...they're welcome to them

You married to one? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

... though they get grooming allowance so they can keep up with their cultures with their hair styles and grooming,

Source?
    they get more travel allowance, buggy allowances, few people last xmas got more in xmas bonus than the irish.

Source?
    ..they also get a few thousand euro towards a car (that is true)and so on fairness and equality ...:rolleyes:

No need for a source there, as thats shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 NKtile

I just spent considerably too much of my morning reading this thread alllllllllll the way through...and that's time i'll never get back!

It's genuinely frightening the levels of some ignorance here... I can't help but wonder are the more moderate people holding back and not replying or this a genuine reflection of an average cross section of people's opinions....?

People get so mixed up on topics, they mix up the differences between immigrants coming seeking refugee status and immigrants coming to work....
    Clearly more black people have entered Ireland seeking refugee status than the latter... for the simple reason anyone who has been to eastern europe will notice the streets are not heaving with black people,and then the fact that (Black)Africa is beset by problems = problems = refugees. Now has been well documented the difficulties of people in asylum process here working.. hence u see more eastern euroopean workers then africans...

Why do people come in here quoting things as fact that simply arent?!!:rolleyes:

Did a handsome Ghanian run off with your missus? Is there a sexy Slovakian lass shacked up with your fella?:p
    Cause them there foreigners, of any nationality colour or creed don't get cars, don't get gold teeth, don't get foot spas, don't get a french plait from the lad down the social....;)

And ironically, none of these folks Goverments constantly come here, saying ' I know they're illegal, i know they've been taking what they shouldn't have ,been working etc... but sure let them stay, sure they 're (insert nationality) different to everyone else' Cause that's what we are doing constantly in the States, we even have lobby groups saying that irish illegals have the right to stay becasue they have been there so long!

Or is it cause we ' built America'? If so then 73% of us will have polish lads staying in our bathrooms..(due to amount of polish professional tradesman who have made our homes nice at a better price)

Ok folks we all know times are tough, we all feel it. But its not them foreigners fault..this post could go on for another 32 pages and some people will still rant at foreigners and the half truths, lies, and gibberish quoted about them will go on. But then at current page time it will be mid summer and whats the point! Play nice:o

Most of the more moterate comments are being drowned out by the noise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Photi wrote: »
    Yeah, one isolated anecdotal story means our entire welfare system is under attack. Show me the stats .

Its not one apparently its a lot of them,from what i heard,if there was proof then they would'nt be able to do it now would they,
    Why don't people see that some people know their way around welfare like they do their own head maybe better :D lol

But i do agree if you know of people doing this don't stand in awe and say nothing report them that's it done,
    So many Irish are afraid of the ratting word they are saying nothing of what they do know.:rolleyes:

Anyway who cares Irish think by even considering that this is true without the stats is wrong lol

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Welfare have got a lot better at cracking down on fraud. If this does actually exist they will be in a better position to track it down than some of the assertions and rumours here. Although I am of the opinion that if anyone actually knows of this and any other type of welfare fraud then it should be reported.

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    Welfare have got a lot better at cracking down on fraud. If this does actually exist they will be in a better position to track it down than some of the assertions and rumours here. Although I am of the opinion that if anyone actually knows of this and any other type of welfare fraud then it should be reported.

I put up a link of other nationalities doing it and collecting in other countries and flying here and collecting here to(and they were arrested for it).
    But i was attacked for the proof so i couldn't be arsed anymore :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JonnyMaguire

You lot are some joke.

You don't want foreign workers. Well then vote against the Lisbon treaty.

You talk about those on welfare being a burden on society. Well, your beloved betters and leaders are in the process of pulling off the biggest scam in history, and still you bow down.

Catch yourselves on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭acontadino

what has lisbon treaty got to do with anything?

You lot are some joke.

You don't want foreign workers. Well then vote against the Lisbon treaty.

You talk about those on welfare being a burden on society. Well, your beloved betters and leaders are in the process of pulling off the biggest scam in history, and still you bow down.

Catch yourselves on.

Who said anything about not wanting foreign nationals working here,I welcome them as i would like Irish to be welcomed where they go.
    This is about fraudsters :rolleyes:

You catch yourself on Ireland needs to weed them all out,including our own! That's not what this thread was about tho is it :D

shqipshume wrote: »
    This is about fraudsters :rolleyes:

Well then, go and picket the banks. You are barking up the wrong tree, or maybe you only pick on the vulnerable, the easy targets ???

Well then, go and picket the banks. You are barking up the wrong tree, or maybe you only pick on the vulnerable, the easy targets ???

No i am saying the same about that bunch of thugs as well ;)
    So the vulnerable are the ones who are fraudsters? yeah they are so vulnerable god help them.leave them in peace and let them rob also.
    Think about what you just wrote there lol and come back :P

P.s if it is bothering you why arent you on picket lines?

No i am saying the same about that bunch of thugs as well ;)
    So the vulnerable are the ones who are fraudsters? yeah they are so vulnerable god help them.leave them in peace and let them rob also.
    Think about what you just wrote there lol and come back :P

P.s if it is bothering you why arent you on picket lines?

Oh, I thought about it.

You are some joke. The big boys rob 20 billion and you are chasing down two or three foreigners who commit dole fraud. Can you see the issue of scale here?

When a man in a suit robs you, you lick his boots.

Oh, I thought about it.

You are some joke. The big boys rob 20 billion and you are chasing down two or three foreigners who commit dole fraud. Can you see the issue of scale here?

When a man in a suit robs you, you lick his boots.

Where do you get off making assumptions on anything i said about whom i am as a person.Did you see me attack you with some slagging words? em NO!!!!!
    I agreed with you about the other ones.
    And it most definitely is not about a few its on larger scale than that.
    How mature of you unable to speak to someone without insulting them shows your level of intelligence,does it?

Where do you get off making assumptions on anything i said about whom i am as a person.Did you see me attack you with some slagging words? em NO!!!!!
    I agreed with you about the other ones.
    And it most definitely is not about a few its on larger scale than that.
    How mature of you unable to speak to someone without insulting them shows your level of intelligence,does it?

Making assumptions. I could write a whole tread based on the opening topic. Without doubt. Same indoctrinated opinions everywhere, and even the same "out there opinions" hels by the cool guys, you know the EDGY crowd.

Here is something, just because something is repeated often, does not make it true.

• Advertisement

Making assumptions. I could write a whole tread based on the opening topic. Without doubt. Same indoctrinated opinions everywhere, and even the same "out there opinions" hels by the cool guys, you know the EDGY crowd.

Here is something, just because something is repeated often, does not make it true.

I never said it was true to fact did i? You debunked it right off the mark you cant do that either.It needs to be dealt with same as all the other fraudsters in this country and yes i do mean the fat cats in suits also.But lets face it the ones who are robbing the country don't get anything but tap on the wrist do they.

Advertisement