Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Nationals flying in for the day to sign on the dole

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

I read the first 7 te 8 pages of this thread but haven't the time (even though I'm on the dole myself!) to read it all.
    Am i right in thinking that the welfare-tourism loophole was closed-off around August 2-thousand & ATE?
    People are on here spouting about Eastern Yuropeans flying in once a month to sign-on. There's Oirish people doing the same too. And why not? When the price of living in Latvia, Poland, France, Germany, Spain etc. is cheaper, why not? It's legal for all those on JA & JB who've been signing-on pre August 2008. Why when the loophole was closed then it wasn't applied retrospectively is anyones' guess. I'm shure it's still possible to do so.
    I was paying one-ten a week to rent a room before i was let-go. For 3-times that I can go abroad & get somewhere quite-comfortable for a month.
    Am I right in thinking that after 6-months, those on the dole since August 2008 can get dole into bank accounts? If I read that somewhere corectly, I'll be legging-it abroad & flying back in once a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭buzzing147

someone i know is on the dole for a year, and now changing address and moving to a different town..and is going to sign on there until he gets a job. does that mean now he will have to sign at a post office every week like some new government rule states, or will the dole still go through to bank account and just sign on once a month?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

only read the first page.. i fookin hope you are reporting this coont. This isnt some harmless few quid. Its tax payers money that we badly need at the moment, the ****in cheek of that scum bag..

if you dont want to report him, PM me his name and i will...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭tv3

Foreign nationals are only ""visitors"" in ireland and should not be allowed sign on regardless of there situation !
    If they are not happy with this they should go home !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭pcardin

tv3 wrote: »
    Foreign nationals are only ""visitors"" in ireland and should not be allowed sign on regardless of there situation !
    I hope we will never see you somewhere outside Ireland. "Visitor".
    Maybe foreign nationals shouldn't pay any tax here as they are just "visitors".

• Advertisement

pcardin wrote: »
    I hope we will never see you somewhere outside Ireland. "Visitor".
    Maybe foreign nationals shouldn't pay any tax here as they are just "visitors".
    Well yes i would be a visitor if i go outside my country ...wouldnt i???:eek:
    These foreign nationals have this country destroyed.Look at them in windsor park AGAIN the other night at the match !Most of them if not all have know respect for irish and do nothing good for our economy !FACT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

These foreign nationals have this country destroyed.Look at them in windsor park AGAIN the other night at the match !Most of them if not all have know respect for irish and do nothing good for our economy !FACT

I hate to burst your bubble, but it's you Irish that took a good thing and flushed it down the toilet. !Fact

Well done

Mena wrote: »
    I hate to burst your bubble, but it's you Irish that took a good thing and flushed it down the toilet. !Fact

Well done
    The truth does hurt :D

Just to inform you not all the irish peoples ""bubbles"" burst:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

The truth does hurt :D

Just to inform you not all the irish peoples ""bubbles"" burst:rolleyes:

You need to specify what you mean by foreigners.

NON IRISH-from EU?
    As Ireland is part of the EU, this will be very IMPOSSIBLE and retarded to suggest. Look at the benefits Ireland received from joining the EU. Imagine Ireland before the EU... Think again before you make such silly statements

NON IRISH-not from the EU?
    They cannot claim the dole!

Do read the first post and this should give your answers or whatever your were refering too.Simply this is about foreign nationals claiming the socail welfare or other welfare payments and are not FROM or LIVING in ireland...do you agree with this??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

These foreign nationals have this country destroyed.

O you're a card, you are....

MIN2511 wrote: »

NONE IRISH-from EU?
    As Ireland is part of the EU, this will be very IMPOSSIBLE and retarded to suggest. Look at the benefits Ireland received from joining the EU. Imagine Ireland before the EU... Think again before you make such silly statements

NONE IRISH-not from the EU?
    Just to correct you...Non irish CAN claim welfare !

Nodin wrote: »
    O you're a card, you are....
    Yes i sure am a card:rolleyes:

Maybe grammar would be something for you:D

In what circumstances, precisely...?
    These foreign nationals have this country destroyed.!

Right then. What "nationals"? How have they "destroyed" the country? If you're making some economic argument, some sourced figures please.

Which non Irish are you referring to???????????

If they are from the EU ofcourse they can claim the dole!

If they are not from the EU, they must be ASYLUM SEEKERS to claim the dole...

Some black/chinese people have EU passports too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In what circumstances, precisely...?

Right then. What "nationals"? How have they "destroyed" the country? If you're making some economic argument, some sourced figures please.
    You were the one who said "foreign" nationals cannot claim welfare and i said YES they can.Do research on this as you are completly wrong.All you have to do is ask some other people the same question and they will give you MY and CORRECT answer..its that easy :D

Im speaking about eastern europeans and nigerians.The banks have even warned people about these people scamming etc etc !
    They work and send there money home so how is this good for our economy????

As i said previous ,answer the question in my last reply and get on with it??

NON IRISH-from EU?

NON IRISH-not from the EU?
    Your last two lines is rubbish !

Your last two lines is rubbish !
    Wanna clarify?

Im beginning to think you are under the age of 15 so please ask your teacher tomorrow for facts as im not here to spend hours explaining myself.
    As i said before you cannot answer the question you were asked...
    Now goodluck and do please get facts before you post inaccurate info.bye;)

Im beginning to think you are under the age of 15 so please ask your teacher tomorrow for facts as im not here to spend hours explaining myself.
    I will refrain from using personal abuse at you as you are quite uneducated on social welfare payments(dole)

I also asked you a question, what do you consider as a foreigner claiming the dole. It could be someone from the UK/someone from the EU/someone from outside the EU.

Clearly you do not understand what i mean, EU citizens are entitled to the dole as they are part of the EU. Non EU citizens cannot claim the dole unless they are seeking asylum/have their asylum application approved.
    Foreigners who work with work permits/international students CANNOT CLAIM THE DOLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Careful now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Foreigners who work with work permits/international students CANNOT CLAIM THE DOLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

Actually, they can, and rightly so, so long as they have "paid" their two years worth of PRSI stamps.

Edit: There are negative consequences though.

Mena wrote: »
    Actually, they can, and rightly so, so long as they have "paid" their two years worth of PRSI stamps.

Edit: There are negative consequences though.
    Really? I suppose each situation is different-two freinds i know made redundant and are not allowed to claim...

TV3: i apologise

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

YEP, NI Supporters have no respect for the Irish.

What do you mean by know?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

You were the one who said "foreign" nationals cannot claim welfare ??

Nope. I asked you in what circumstances.
    Im speaking about eastern europeans and nigerians.The banks have even warned people about these people scamming etc etc !
    They work and send there money home so how is this good for our economy??????

Getting a bit confused here, aren't you....

How much do the claimers claim?
    How much do the workers send home?

Nope. I asked you in what circumstances.

Getting a bit confused here, aren't you....

How much do the claimers claim?
    How much do the workers send home?
    You have been proved wrong once at least and im not going to argue AGAIN with you !
    Do try answer the op"s question for the fifth time??;)and stick to the topic:rolleyes:

You have been proved wrong once at least

Where would that be....?

Where would that be....?
    Listen MATE i am not going to get into one of your childish arguments.I proved my point yesterday and got my point across end of..understand !:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭pcardin

Listen MATE i am not going to get into one of your childish arguments.I proved my point yesterday and got my point across end of..understand !:rolleyes:
    Actually you you didn't prove anything. You just clearly stated that ONLY truth you know and follow is your own. Wunderkind :D

• Advertisement

pcardin wrote: »
    Actually you you didn't prove anything. You just clearly stated that ONLY truth you know and follow is your own. Wunderkind :D

Ja!

Advertisement