Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Nationals flying in for the day to sign on the dole

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    So it's just the non-nationals that are committing welfare fraud that deserve to be beaten.
    Plenty Irish ones at it too but what a lot of these non-nationals are at is beyond a joke, you wouldn't get away with it in their country that's for sure. No wonder are country is in the mess it's in.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

redout wrote: »
    I am not the one stealing from someone else's country and fuking off back to my own to spend Irish peoples money.
    No, you're the one advocating mob rule / mindless violence as a valid consequence to social welfare fraud.

Can't you see that the solution you are advancing is far more destructive to any type of civilised society than the problem?

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Plenty Irish ones at it too but what a lot of these non-nationals are at is beyond a joke, you wouldn't get away with it in their country that's for sure. No wonder are country is in the mess it's in.
    Are they any worse than the Irish who drew dole in England in the past when the work dried up? Or the Irish who emigrated to the US illegally, many of whom even now are still flying under the radar and paying no tax etc.?

Or is that all right because we're the "loveable Irish"? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

No silly - it's ok because we're white and we speak English.

Just tracing the movments of a suspected fraudster's mobile phone should be enough to catch them, after all how many unemployed people do you know that would leave the house early in the morning and return late in the aftenoon as regular as clockwork - if they work more than a couple of miles it it will be noticed that the phone "homed" to a different cell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Are they any worse than the Irish who drew dole in England in the past when the work dried up? Or the Irish who emigrated to the US illegally, many of whom even now are still flying under the radar and paying no tax etc.?

Didn't thehe UK have a big problem with Irish claiming multiple benefits in different parts of the UK?

No silly - it's ok because we're white and we speak English.
    /slaps head

Soz ... I forgot! :o
    OPENROAD wrote: »
    Didn't thehe UK have a big problem with Irish claiming multiple benefits in different parts of the UK?
    Yep.

And quite often working on the building sites at the same time ... no more than the OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

mossie110 wrote: »
    i posted this on another thread but got no joy. so i'll try here instead,
    I'm not a racist, but i had to go to my social welfare officer a few weeks ago to drop in a form for the medical card, and before some says's anything I'm a carer for my wife who is disabled. there were about 20 or so people waiting to see him and out of the 20 people waiting 5 were Irish and the rest were non-nationals, if their not begging on the street their begging of the state,
    why cant the goverment make them f**k off bad to where they came from,
    it makes me sick to see the f**kers driving around the town. and i'd bet with no insurance.
    i know for a fact how this works. non-nationals come to ireland with a big family 10 or more, buy a car and insure it in one name.but the whole family are driving the car, if they get stopped by the cops....."ME NO SPEACK NO ENGLASH"

Not racist? Are you taking the piss or what?

Both times I went in about my claim there were the same number of black people as white people in the place, and only one black person out of about 15 went to the Enquiries or Claims desk, the rest were looking for a PPS number either for them or their kid.

Signing on today out of around 60 people there wasn't a single black person and none who looked obviously eastern European. There were however, 10 different people who I recognised as working in pubs, restauraunts and shops around town and 5 lads who were obviously on their way to a building site. It's ****in disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I'd just like to say.........

rabble, rabble, rabble.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

If this story is on the After Hours section of boards it must be true:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Beatings for all! YAY!

You should run for election redout. You would appeal greatly to the knuckle-dragging electorate with your low-IQ, reactionary rhetoric.

you are living in la la land my friend if you actually believe doing the politically correct thing will actually solve this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

I was not racist but... recently have become a lot less tolerante of other nationalities. Reeks of ignorance I know but it is since I signed on dole after being let go from previous position. Being on the dole is horrible for those of us who have to do it as a temporary measure- it takes your mo jo means have to sit beside the scum who live and plan to retire on our social welfare system and the forigners who are milkin it.
    In my many stints waiting and or qeuing in offices I can catogorically say that there is an 80 + % of non Irish (generally tell by accent) present. What really riles me is the entitlements and diliberate couruption of the system. And what really really riles me is folk are kitted out in latest branded gear - that costs a bomb and drive nice cars.

I would not be adverse to the idea of working and think it is an excellent concept - unfortunatly by the time a system and the administration is in place the country will probably be out of the red. It would be helpfull for all concerned as anyone on the dole for an elongated period must surely lack self confidience and belief.

Sorry about terrible schpellin

redout wrote: »
    you are living in la la land my friend if you actually believe doing the politically correct thing will actually solve this problem.
    Not beating people up is the new definition of "politically correct" ?!!

Wow!

I reckon there's a hell of a lot of people in Ireland who are a hell of a lot more "politically correct" than they know, so!

Thankfully ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    I was not racist but... recently have become a lot less tolerante of other nationalities. Reeks of ignorance I know but it is since I signed on dole after being let go from previous position. Being on the dole is horrible for those of us who have to do it as a temporary measure- it takes your mo jo means have to sit beside the scum who live and plan to retire on our social welfare system and the forigners who are milkin it.
    In my many stints waiting and or qeuing in offices I can catogorically say that there is an 80 + % of non Irish (generally tell by accent) present. What really riles me is the entitlements and diliberate couruption of the system. And what really really riles me is folk are kitted out in latest branded gear - that costs a bomb and drive nice cars.

I would not be adverse to the idea of working and think it is an excellent concept - unfortunatly by the time a system and the administration is in place the country will probably be out of the red. It would be helpfull for all concerned as anyone on the dole for an elongated period must surely lack self confidience and belief.

Sorry about terrible schpellin

*coughs*

Are you drunk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I was not racist but... recently have become a lot less tolerante of other nationalities.

Contradiction much? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Beechman

I end up paying more taxes today after the budget in order to pay for other E.U. nationals to take a quick trip over to soft touch Ireland, there is something wrong here.

All it needs is a well advertised free phone social welfare fraud line and the government will quickly save money!

And quite often working on the building sites at the same time ... no more than the OP!

In some cases they had a "works outing" in the back of the van, driven to the dole office by the boss. Wasn't just the Irish at that one either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Are they any worse than the Irish
    To be honest with you yes, they can get every benefit under the sun here (even when they're not here) and get away with it very easily.

They seem to have no problem getting a council/co-op housing.

They get more from SVP than any Irish person would.

Majority of them drive round in their own reg scarp/unsafe cars not having to worry about tax, insurance, nct or duty, have a total disregard for speed limits and drive like nut jobs with there go faster stickers plastered all over their cars.

I'm sorry if I have offended anyone but the above nonsense has gone on long enough and is it any wonder our country is in a mess. The system here needs a right old shake up that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Not beating people up is the new definition of "politically correct" ?!!

Wow!

I reckon there's a hell of a lot of people in Ireland who are a hell of a lot more "politically correct" than they know, so!

Thankfully ...

If you don't engage in vigilante mob rule tactics on a regular basis, you're a pinko liberal left-wing loony PC commie nazi. FACT!

Beechman wrote: »
    All it needs is a well advertised free phone social welfare fraud line and the government will quickly save money!
    Couldn't agree with you more.

And whether theose defrauding the system are from Krakow or Killinascully is totally irrelevant.
    In some cases they had a "works outing" in the back of the van, driven to the dole office by the boss. Wasn't just the Irish at that one either.
    Yep, and said boss probably signing on himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

KhanTheMan wrote: »
    I met a guy who used to live beside me today in the post office. Hes from Poland and moved home about 6 months ago. He told me he was here with his wife for the day.

Now the best bit. They were signing on collecting their money. I was shocked and it showed and he explained it to me.

They have 3 children and are saying they are living with his brother who still lives here. They went home to Poland and he has a job there. This was his last time signing on but his wife is going to sign on saying she was left in Ireland with the kids. She'll just come over here for the day whenever she needs to sign on on the cheap flights. Even if this is once a week (and im sure its less often than that) it will pay her to do it. And childrens allowance etc too.

Still seeing my shocked face he said that he knows lots of people doing the very same thing, that it was normal.

Unbelievable.

Tell it to Joe Duffy:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

KhanTheMan wrote: »
    I met a guy who used to live beside me today in the post office. Hes from Poland and moved home about 6 months ago. He told me he was here with his wife for the day.

Now the best bit. They were signing on collecting their money. I was shocked and it showed and he explained it to me.

They have 3 children and are saying they are living with his brother who still lives here. They went home to Poland and he has a job there. This was his last time signing on but his wife is going to sign on saying she was left in Ireland with the kids. She'll just come over here for the day whenever she needs to sign on on the cheap flights. Even if this is once a week (and im sure its less often than that) it will pay her to do it. And childrens allowance etc too.

Still seeing my shocked face he said that he knows lots of people doing the very same thing, that it was normal.

Unbelievable.

This is nothing new, a certain section of a certain community has been doing similar for years. They are living both sides of the border and claiming the dole from both north and south. Even before cheap flights became common, this was and still is a con thats being going on for years beforehand.
    While I am disgusted at this coming from what we would probably call "more" outsiders, its really is nothing new.
    ...and "yes" I'd report such cases in a heartbeat!

I have a relative that works in Mosney, Co Louth. He came across a female that was staying there.
    She told him eventually (when he got her trust) that she owned not one but two jewelery shops back home. She and her friends were doing roughly the same con (using false I.D's) for a while till she decided to settle here officially. She still had the two shops back "home" but was now claiming emigrant status, claiming that all she had on her back was what she owned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

amacachi wrote: »

Signing on today out of around 60 people there wasn't a single black person and none who looked obviously eastern European. There were however, 10 different people who I recognised as working in pubs, restauraunts and shops around town and 5 lads who were obviously on their way to a building site. It's ****in disgusting.

I'm not trying to defend or cover for anyone, but is there a chance they'd be on subsidised income? i.e. they only have a few hours in the pub/restaurant/shop and get topped up to a minimum level? I think some of the back to work schemes operate like that.

MizzLolly wrote: »
    *coughs*

Are you drunk?

THanks for askin -:)
    few glasses of wine earlier - so no!
    could you be more piont specific please?

THanks for askin -:)
    few glasses of wine earlier - so no!
    could you be more piont specific please?

LOL!!! Basically I disagree with most of what you said. :)

But you gain points for your drunkeness. That made me chuckle ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    I'm not trying to defend or cover for anyone, but is there a chance they'd be on subsidised income? i.e. they only have a few hours in the pub/restaurant/shop and get topped up to a minimum level? I think some of the back to work schemes operate like that.

A valid point which I thought of as well when I was talking to my mother about it, but I'm fairly sure those people don't sign on in the office. Back to education allowance and back to work allowance for sure because I was looking into it, part-time unemployed as far as I know they don't and with the community work schemes they don't sign on.

MizzLolly wrote: »
    LOL!!! Basically I disagree with most of what you said. :)

But you gain points for your drunkeness. That made me chuckle ;)

MMmm how can you disagree with someones experience!!?? :confused:
    Or piont in turn - the quote gadget button is located bottom right hand corner as for multiple quoting cant do that - highlighting pionts is always good!

As for drunk - not Pissshed you know!

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    In fairness, there could be a few like that, though I would be surprised if people in that situation would be required to sign on weekly.

Has to be said though that the pub / restaurant sector in Ireland (and elsewhere probably) has a history of working the black economy: people being paid under the table / not paying tax / signing on. Not suggesting that all or even the majority of employers in the sector condone this, by any means, but it is quite widespread.

MMmm how can you disagree with someones experience!!?? :confused:
    Or piont in turn - the quote gadget button is located bottom right hand corner as for multiple quoting cant do that - highlighting pionts is always good!

As for drunk - not Pissshed you know!

I'm sorry. I'll be more specific.

I disagreed with the ''I'm not racist BUT....'' part.

I found the whole post to be a big ball of generalisation.

Though, it was no worse than some of the other's posting here. I only replied to see if you were drunk.

Now.. no more luring me into this thread!

Go have another drink ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Some of the posts in this thread and other recent threads i've come across on boards suggest an increase in extreme right-wing sentiments in Ireland. In this thread someone is advocating that we should go round in mobs hunting Poles who we may suspect of defrauding the state. Switch Ireland with Germany, Poles with Jews, and 2008 with 1938 and there's a very disturbing pattern emerging.

Advertisement