Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Nationals flying in for the day to sign on the dole

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

Anyway its all been reported to New ross post office and they said there will be a reward :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 DanishViking

Hiya Guys.
    You can be sure that the right wing will grow in Ireland when economy slows down. It happened in Denmark (after the 60's economic boom and in German, france , Uk and so on) and the countys(thats Denmark) 3 largest party today is Dansk folke party(litt. Danish peoples party) which is a very right wing party, generally with no real politics but against all foriegners. All the same arguments too: They steal our money, dole, bikes, jobs, women..ect.
    What I don't understand is this; as far as I know the dole is 180 euros a week in Ireland,yes? So that's 720 euro a month. But to claim the dole you have to be a Eu citizin and then WTF do it here? I know that the dole in Denmark is 1.644 euros a month(you only sign up once a month)and in Denmark there is free health care, school system, free housing if on dole ect. So the next time you see a Durty stealin' foignar exploiting the system, tell 'em about Denmark:D

And just a thought, remember the scene from Full metal jacket, when private pyle forgets to lock his locker? "If it it wasn't for people like you Pyle, there would be no theifs......"

There will always be people trying to scam the system. Just make the system better.
    Good day to all of you( and yes I have a job, which is way I have time to write in this thread:pac:)

It is not be the same, in the bad old days of the 80ies a revenue inspector had to literally follow you around from tip offs and physically catch you on the act of social welfare fraud. They could do you if they caught you entering a building site in the morning with a packed lunch under your arm.

These days it is all going all high tech, the same inspectors can sit down in a warm offices and browse through the various personal profile sites and build up any personal profiles of individuals they suspect.

If they have a suspicion of any individual or foreign national that is screwing the system they can match any Utube or Facebook account with this guy. The same guy could be stupid enough to put his foot in it by mouthing on about his location, his "job", his movements and even have his own photo!! etc. They can then act on this information.

It was not too long ago that some idiot publically admitted cogging in the Leaving Cert on a public forum, The Dept of education acted swiftly on it and subsequently caught and questioned the culprit.

I agree, the crime is the same, but the methods of detection are different.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Damn Vikings coming over here taking our religious treasures and building our cities! :D

It was not too long ago that some idiot publically admitted cogging in the Leaving Cert on a public forum, The Dept of education acted swiftly on it and subsequently caught and questioned the culprit.

Sure we used to all put pieces of toilet paper with formulas or whole poems down our jocks during the leaving cert. After a trip to the jacks you would know everything. Our school had the second best results of all the leaving certs that year. I can only assume that the one that beat us came from those who could afford the longer andrex toilet rolls.

• Advertisement

javaboy wrote: »
    Damn Vikings coming over here taking our religious treasures and building our cities! :D
    Not to mention sharing our genes:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Hiya Guys.
    You can be sure that the right wing will grow in Ireland when economy slows down. It happened in Denmark (after the 60's economic boom and in German, france , Uk and so on) and the countys(thats Denmark) 3 largest party today is Dansk folke party(litt. Danish peoples party) which is a very right wing party, generally with no real politics but against all foriegners. All the same arguments too: They steal our money, dole, bikes, jobs, women..ect.
    What I don't understand is this; as far as I know the dole is 180 euros a week in Ireland,yes? So that's 720 euro a month. But to claim the dole you have to be a Eu citizin and then WTF do it here? I know that the dole in Denmark is 1.644 euros a month(you only sign up once a month)and in Denmark there is free health care, school system, free housing if on dole ect. So the next time you see a Durty stealin' foignar exploiting the system, tell 'em about Denmark:D

And just a thought, remember the scene from Full metal jacket, when private pyle forgets to lock his locker? "If it it wasn't for people like you Pyle, there would be no theifs......"

There will always be people trying to scam the system. Just make the system better.
    Good day to all of you( and yes I have a job, which is way I have time to write in this thread:pac:)
    Almost 400 quid a week!? Is that for a single person? If so, Denmark here I come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

KhanTheMan wrote: »
    Sure we used to all put pieces of toilet paper with formulas or whole poems down our jocks during the leaving cert. After a trip to the jacks you would know everything. Our school had the second best results of all the leaving certs that year. I can only assume that the one that beat us came from those who could afford the longer andrex toilet rolls.
    At least if I ever cogged I always kept my mouth shut about it :D

BTW the Dole is now reduced to 187.80 for those that fly in and out of the country. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I met a guy who used to live beside me today in the post office. Hes from Poland and moved home about 6 months ago. He told me he was here with his wife for the day.

Now the best bit. They were signing on collecting their money. I was shocked and it showed and he explained it to me.

They have 3 children and are saying they are living with his brother who still lives here. They went home to Poland and he has a job there. This was his last time signing on but his wife is going to sign on saying she was left in Ireland with the kids. She'll just come over here for the day whenever she needs to sign on on the cheap flights. Even if this is once a week (and im sure its less often than that) it will pay her to do it. And childrens allowance etc too.

Still seeing my shocked face he said that he knows lots of people doing the very same thing, that it was normal.

Unbelievable.

Well it's hardly worth replying to your post OP but you do know that there are irish nationals who cheat the welfare system too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Well it's hardly worth replying to your post OP but you do know that there are irish nationals who cheat the welfare system too.

So we should import people from abroad to do it also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

SheroN wrote: »
    So we should import people from abroad to do it also?

Oh where did I say that? Hmnnn.......

No-one should be doing it, I'm just giving some balance to the OP's post, that it's not just limited to foreign nationals.

Yes I do. Take me for example. I'm half Indian and half Russian and I've cheated it myself. And I was damned good at it. I was very dissapointed in that guy that he was so bad at it. He has a lot to learn and should be punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

galah wrote: »
    yes they are - if they have paid in enough PRSI contributions. Like everyone else.

I don't think non eu workers can claim.

We are not entitled to any benefits
    At least if I ever cogged I always kept my mouth shut about it :D

BTW the Dole is now reduced to 187.80 for those that fly in and out of the country. :D

You forgot to add that they also have to pay a tenner more at the airports too....
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Oh where did I say that? Hmnnn.......

No-one should be doing it, I'm just giving some balance to the OP's post, that it's not just limited to foreign nationals.

Balance is needed. But people seem to use the whole "there is plenty of Irish people who do the same" argument too much for my liking. We have enough scum of our own without making it easy for scum from around the globe to add to it.

SheroN wrote: »
    Balance is needed. But people seem to use the whole "there is plenty of Irish people who do the same" argument too much for my liking.

And they have the cheek to claim they are not racist. You can be racist against the Irish too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭tv3

Ive know problem with the irish doing it as im sure they have being ripped off paying tax at some stage in there work history.
    But when it comes to the immigrant polish etc etc claming it:mad:they shouldnt be allowed in the country to do it in the first place.They are the reason the irish people are struggling!

Ok that's it. Experiment over. Thanks for your participation guys. You can read all about this thread in the paper next week. Especially those who were posting about people stealing from the tax payer while themselves stealing from their employer while posting from work. LOL

Thanks again for the input. You've helped us out a lot. All will become clear soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ok that's it. Experiment over. Thanks for your participation guys. You can read all about this thread in the paper next week. Especially those who were posting about people stealing from the tax payer while themselves stealing from their employer while posting from work. LOL

Thanks again for the input. You've helped us out a lot. All will become clear soon.

Sorry - I don't read the Sunday Independent. And given that you claim to be a journalist but used 'LOL' then it's the only logical option.
    (We know you're not a journalist)

Very clever! you're fooling no one.
    You can't kid a kidder. :D

MIN2511 wrote: »
    I don't think non eu workers can claim.

We are not entitled to any benefits

You forgot to add that they also have to pay a tenner more at the airports too....
    :D
    That is included, the Dole is 197.80

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

:rolleyes: oh thanks khan. lesson learned. yea were all just screwing the system eh?

emmmm try admitting that your no better than any other fraudster rather than the journo defence. Go on I dare ya!

tv3 wrote: »
    Ive know problem with the irish doing it as im sure they have being ripped off paying tax at some stage in there work history.
    But when it comes to the immigrant polish etc etc claming it:mad:they shouldnt be allowed in the country to do it in the first place.They are the reason the irish people are struggling!

Nice one TV3... The 17% of people on the dole that is of foriegn nationality is the reason that the Irish people is struggeling? Jasus will you open a paper..Besides the construction industry, most sectors in Ireland aren't doing to bad compared to the rest of Europe. Also you wouldn't have had a Celtic tiger without the huge influx of foriegn workers to begin with. And lastly if some polish guy comes over here and works, lets say 10 years in construction(paying his tax, starting familie, buying house ect), then gets laid off because of building boom is finished, you don't think he should be able to get the dole? "But when it comes to the immigrant polish etc etc claming it:mad:they shouldnt be allowed in the country to do it in the first place" That is offensive in so many ways. Firstly look at your own national history( irish immegrants in USA,Uk , Australia ect) before you start giving out to others. Whether you like it or not, you are part of the EU which means the free movement of workforce/citizins within the union. So if we, as "EU-Immigrants" are allowed to come and work and pay tax and so on, then "we" are allowed to claim the dole if we get fired/laid off. You know that we also have houses, morgage, school fees ect here in Ireland? We don't just disapere in to the thin air after doing the ****ty jobs, most Irish won't take( when did you last see an Irish national in McD, Spar, cleaning streets ect?).

The issue is not were you are from, but if you are scamming the system. And nobody should do that.
    Your point of view shows an ignorance that I find scary..

amacachi wrote: »
    Almost 400 quid a week!? Is that for a single person? If so, Denmark here I come!

Hiya Amacahi,
    No that's if you have a kid. If you have no children and is over 25 the dole pr month is 1237.3 Euro.... http://www.bm.dk/sw23441.asp is where you can see the amounts you get. Is in Danish though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Oooh in your article make sure you mention I was the first one to catch you out on your hypocrisy. And say I was handsome too. Do you need any of us for a photo shoot or will you just grab a few "standard nerd" photos from Google Images?

Lads we're famous! :)

Famous at last..!! Hurrah.
    Khantheman, You can just use a picture of Brad pitt for me as I have a striking resembalance to him... Angelina constantly mistakes us for each other...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Firstly look at your own national history( irish immegrants in USA,Uk , Australia ect)
    I seriously don't get this. I mean there were problems with Irish emigrants scamming the dole in other countries. So what? Does that mean we need to look the other way here? Does that make it alright for people to scam the dole here? Do we, the Irish taxpayers, almost all of whom have NEVER committed fraud of any kind, somehow "owe" our taxes to fraudsters?

I mean what bearing does that have on the discussion?

Firstly it was a comment on TV3's rant about immigrants not being allowed in the country,and it was meant as: Ireland has a very long history of being suppressed and having a poor (in the economic sense) population which has led to many people emmigrating to other countries during the cause of history(see The Irish diaspora in wiki) Around a million left during the Great Hunger. So what I meant is maybe, Ireland of all countries, should have a more "historical" understanding of why people immigrate.
    Also if you actullay read what I say, I sepcifically underline that I don't think anyone should accept people scamming the dole. you understand now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

So what I meant is maybe, Ireland of all countries, should have a more "historical" understanding of why people immigrate.
    Oh we can understand it to our hearts content, doesn't mean we can do anything about it. We're a tiny country with a tiny population and effectively no resources. Its nothing short of a miracle that we've managed to absorb as many immigrants as we have without riots in the streets.

Its nothing short of a miracle that we've managed to absorb as many immigrants as we have without riots in the streets.

Don't speak too soon, people can behave just like wild animals. I.E Animals in the wild can cohabit quite well if they have an abundance food supply but as soon as this supply starts to dry up they will fight over it.

• Advertisement

Its nothing short of a miracle that we've managed to absorb as many immigrants as we have without riots in the streets.
    Well again SimpleSam06, it's not so black and white.
    1) You did not "Absorb" so many immigrants, you asked them to come and work( when I came over here, Ireland need 5000 immigrants a month to come over to keep the economy going) and you would not have the wealth you have today if you had not let in immigrants to do the work you need done. So they have been a welcome group.
    2) You have mostly immigrants from eastern europe(think it is around 90%) which means they are white and catholic, so that makes intergration very much easier.
    3) you can't ecpect people to come and work for around 15 years(thats how long the celtic tiger has been happening, right?) and then just go away when you want. Again look to the rest of Europe(france, Uk, Germany) and see what happened with their "guest worker" population. They stayed.
    So I think there are lots of reasons that there hasn't been riots in the streets(besides the aforementioned miracel)

My point is this: Ireland has changed very much the last 20 years and whether or not you like it, "immigrants" are now part of Ireland, many of them are also Irish nationals now. This ofcause doesn't mean you should not do all in you power to stop people (Irish and non irish nationals) from scamming the wellfare system and thereby the taxpayer

Advertisement