Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cade Released

• 14-10-2008 10:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/7066/
    Surprising WWE release today
    Lance Cade was let go, which explains his not being at Raw last night.

I guess him sucking in the promo he cut and in the DX tag match did him in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

He botched a lot of moves aswell...The guy had the personality of a cardboard box imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Wow.
    :eek:

Wonder how they will explain this on WWE television.

Or will it just be a Benoit, never to be heard of again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/caderelease
    World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Lance Cade as of October 14, 2008. WWE wishes Lance the best in all future endeavors.

It was one of those things were no one saw it coming but they should have. Shawn DESTROYED him with a chair last week.

CADENMURDOCH can reform at least now.

Wow.
    :eek:

Wonder how they will explain this on WWE television.

By not mentioning it like last night, just a guess like.

Or will it just be a Benoit, never to be heard of again.

Yeah like Benoit :rolleyes:

rovert wrote: »
    http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/caderelease

It was one of those things were no one saw it coming but they should have. Shawn DESTROYED him with a chair last week.

CADENMURDOCH can reform at least now.

Surely when him and Murdoch split up you thought there might be a slight chance of being released..Even though he can wrestle

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Oh... That's a bit of a surprise. They didn't give him much of a chance when he was with Jericho, he had more of a presence when he was with Murdoch. It actually turned out to be a move down the card for him in a way

Would've been better to rehire Murdoch and stick Cade back with him. They were a great tag team

callaway92 wrote: »
    Surely when him and Murdoch split up you thought there might be a slight chance of being released..Even though he can wrestle

I wasnt talking about his entire career I meant in recent times (after the HBK chair beatdown.) To answer your question the real reason that team spilt up was for Cade to go into singles. So no there wasnt a chance he might be released then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

well its not like they were using him for anything important were they! the predictable interference in jerichos matches....him just standin there and cuttin terrible promos, it was only a matter of time!

well its not like they were using him for anything important were they! the predictable interference in jerichos matches....him just standin there and cuttin terrible promos, it was only a matter of time!

He had no stage presence behind Y2J, Diesel he aint.

• Advertisement

you could say the same about Tony Atlas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

He had no stage presence behind Y2J, Diesel he aint.

i miss diesel......sorry OT, i honestly think they didnt know what to do with cade, so they kept him with jericho until they could think of something....they couldnt...so they let him go!

callaway92 wrote: »
    you could say the same about Tony Atlas

Nah Atlas bought a far bit to Henry's act.

i miss diesel......sorry OT

Total dreamworld stuff but Id love Lance Storm to take Cades place with Jericho.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SASR

****, that's a shame, I always thought he was bloody good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Cade is coming to IWW for a match with the kid who slapped him haha

Maybe now Jericho will look tall again.

SASR wrote: »
    ****, that's a shame, I always thought he was bloody good.

What made you think this..His work with Murdoch or his singles work??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

And getting super kicked by HBK a million times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Bit of a surprising release.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 emo1

ya it was surprising next ting we no Mr.kannendy is going to be gone than mitz and lowdown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

ROIDER

ROIDER

Proof??

emo1 wrote: »
    ya it was surprising next ting we no Mr.kannendy is going to be gone than mitz and lowdown
    ROIDER

Things are becoming way too frequent! :pac:

emo1 wrote: »

*Nods and smiles*

kannendy you say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

well at least he joins an elite group with flair and bret as having his last tv match in wwe against hbk and he won too :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

rossie1977 wrote: »
    well at least he joins an elite group with flair and bret as having his last tv match in wwe against hbk and he won too :P

Eh no he didnt HBK beat him half to death with a steel chair in his last match on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 thedrunkleader

It seems very likely Cade & Murdoch will be making an appearance on TNA soon, which would be good, they definitely worked much better as a tag team. I dont think there was any chance of Cade ever getting over as a singles competitor.

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Eh no he didnt HBK beat him half to death with a steel chair in his last match on TV.

And the week before him & Jericho tagged against DX

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Can there not just be one thread for all WWE releases?

gimmick wrote: »
    Can there not just be one thread for all WWE releases?

Why?

Just looks tidier having one "WWE Releases thread". Rather than a small thread for every single person who gets released. Its no big deal one way or other.

Just looks tidier having one "WWE Releases thread". Rather than a small thread for every single person who gets released. Its no big deal one way or other.

They are not that frequent in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I'm surprised at the timing since he was involved in Jericho's feud with HBK

He wasnt that bad, compared to the other talentless waste of spaces on WWE roster

I know its pretty close, but AWR should look into booking him.
    That'd be cool. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Maybe there should be a "gimmick's moan of the week" thread.
    We can even make it a sticky! ;)

from jrs blog:

As many of you know, Lance Cade was abruptly released from his contract this week much to the surprise of many of us. I have always thought that Cade had a wealth of physical potential and he was always a polite young man in my dealings with him. Like many fans, I too did my share of arm chair quarterbacking as to why Cade was not featured in a more prominent role on WWE TV programming. However it seemed that in the past several weeks those issues were being addressed even to the point of Cade defeating HBK on a recent Monday Night Raw.

The story that I have read on many internet sites about the reason for Cade's sudden dismissal isn't accurate. Many pundits speculate that Cade was dismissed because of a bad performance in a recent TV bout against DX on Raw which is absolutely untrue. Lance's dismissal had zero to do with his in ring performances or his lack of ability.

Lance Cade was dismissed from the WWE because, like many humans, he made a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgment that cost him his job. This included Lance having a seizure on an airplane and having to have emergency medial care. Luckily, Lilian Garcia was on the same flight and was instrumental in helping Lance get taken to a hospital where a battery of tests were run that luckily determined that there was nothing seriously wrong with the young man such as a brain tumor, etc.

Everyone makes mistakes, Lord knows I have made plenty in my career, but in this day and time some mistakes just simply can't be condoned. To some fans, Lance Cade will likely still be perceived as the victim in this matter and his punishment too harsh.

Under the circumstances of the situation, I don't know what other decision the WWE could have made. I'm just relieved that it wasn't me in my former role that would have had to address this matter. I really like this kid and hope that he continues to follow his dreams. Second chances are not foreign in the wrestling business so perhaps that could be in Lance's future but that's just a personal observation.

Lance Cade is a talented young man whose best days should be ahead of him and I wish him nothing but success. Lance has been knocked down and now it is up to him to get off the canvas and get back in the game. I'm damn sure pulling for him.

Let's hope Lance's peers are paying attention to this situation.

Wellness works :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

I can't see Raw falling apart without him TBH....

Wonder if TNA will even hire him....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Wellness works :rolleyes:

I hadn't put two and two together there. After reading JR's blog entry it left me thinking they had fired him because he was epileptic or something!

He had the in ring ability, but had the charisma of a salmonella riddled chicken!
    I won't particularly miss him, they tried repackaging him many a time and it didn't work. They almost managed it when he turned on Murdoch, only Murdoch ended up getting more over as a face instead.

Another WWE misfire. What a shocker!

• Advertisement

Cactus Col wrote: »
    I hadn't put two and two together there. After reading JR's blog entry it left me thinking they had fired him because he was epileptic or something!

How?
    from jrs blog:

As many of you know, Lance Cade was abruptly released from his contract this week much to the surprise of many of us. I have always thought that Cade had a wealth of physical potential and he was always a polite young man in my dealings with him. Like many fans, I too did my share of arm chair quarterbacking as to why Cade was not featured in a more prominent role on WWE TV programming. However it seemed that in the past several weeks those issues were being addressed even to the point of Cade defeating HBK on a recent Monday Night Raw.

The story that I have read on many internet sites about the reason for Cade's sudden dismissal isn't accurate. Many pundits speculate that Cade was dismissed because of a bad performance in a recent TV bout against DX on Raw which is absolutely untrue. Lance's dismissal had zero to do with his in ring performances or his lack of ability.

Lance Cade was dismissed from the WWE because, like many humans, he made a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgment that cost him his job. This included Lance having a seizure on an airplane and having to have emergency medial care. Luckily, Lilian Garcia was on the same flight and was instrumental in helping Lance get taken to a hospital where a battery of tests were run that luckily determined that there was nothing seriously wrong with the young man such as a brain tumor, etc.

Everyone makes mistakes, Lord knows I have made plenty in my career, but in this day and time some mistakes just simply can't be condoned. To some fans, Lance Cade will likely still be perceived as the victim in this matter and his punishment too harsh.

Under the circumstances of the situation, I don't know what other decision the WWE could have made. I'm just relieved that it wasn't me in my former role that would have had to address this matter. I really like this kid and hope that he continues to follow his dreams. Second chances are not foreign in the wrestling business so perhaps that could be in Lance's future but that's just a personal observation.

Lance Cade is a talented young man whose best days should be ahead of him and I wish him nothing but success. Lance has been knocked down and now it is up to him to get off the canvas and get back in the game. I'm damn sure pulling for him.

Let's hope Lance's peers are paying attention to this situation.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Maybe there should be a "gimmick's moan of the week" thread.
    We can even make it a sticky! ;)

Hmm, that could be fun. What was last weeks moan?

Hmm, that could be fun. What was last weeks moan?

My signature...

That was not so much a moan as a question posed. But however, lets not get started on that again.

That was not so much a moan as a question posed. But however, lets not get started on that again.

Amen.
    So, where do we see Lance Cade in 5 weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Amen.

In the dole que?

Amen.

Rehab?

Twitching?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

J.R. has posted a follow-up about Cade in his latest blog (17/10/'08):
    Random thoughts from a variety of areas beginning with a follow up on the Lance Cade matter.

Lance Cade had his WWE contract terminated a few days ago which completely caught me off guard. As I wrote a few days ago, I was and still am a fan of Lance's and was shocked when I heard news of his dismissal. I feel confident that Lance will rebound from this misstep and find the success that many feel he deserves. Nonetheless, for some to compare Lance's incident where he had a seizure on an airplane that necessitated an emergency trip to a hospital with Jeff Hardy being asked to leave a plane because it was perceived that he was allegedly intoxicated seems like a stretch to me. Neither individual was on the right side of the equation of their respective issues but Lance, unfortunately, came too close for comfort by incurring a life threatening seizure and put the WWE in a position to make a really tough call. Could this matter have been handled better? I have no idea as I was not in the loop, thankfully, but I do feel that at some point in the future, and this is simply my opinion, after enough water has gone under the bridge that both parties could well do business again with each other.

J.R. has posted a follow-up about Cade in his latest blog (17/10/'08):

Hrm, according to Joey Matthews they said the same about him after he was dismissed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement