Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband connection problem

Options
  • 14-10-2008 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi,

Im having a connection problem with my broadband (isp = bt). Every 30 minutes or so, my internet connection fails. However, lets say, I am downloading a program through azureus or bearshare; although the web browsing through a browser will stop working, the downloads through bearshare or azureus, etc will continue to download.

Also, I have a zyxel 623r-t1 modem. When the problem described above happens, i can type into the browser 192.168.1.1 and reset the modem. However, after a few minutes, the 'dsl' and 'lan 10/100M' lights come on as normal, but the 'act' light flashes green every 8 seconds or so. Does anyone know what this means (as it is not in the manual). I do know that this light is supposed to be flashing orange.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks.

Dan.

Advertisement