Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Eve] Great story

• 14-10-2008 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

Ok mate of mine was E-O in a sniper mega to take down a cyno jammer. Anyway he gets targeted and scrambled so he thinks fcuk it. The little message pops up "Ship is out of control." So he thinks he's in a pod, no implants so he hangs around to take screen shots as he doesn't mind being podded. To him he was destroyed and not moving so he thinks he has fallen victim to the lag monster. A few minutes later he notices his shield has recharged slightly. So he logs off and logs back on and lo and behold he's still in his mega warping back to the battle with 17 structure, not 17%, 17. Close call.

Now not the most epic but I thought it was a good one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BAsTid

He was scram'd and managed to warp out? Whoever attacked em sucked. Might have been a small ship intie or t1 frig without enough ammo to destroy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

I remmeber one night in kbp myself in domi and another friend in domi jumped into the spontatnious defenstration gate camp tryign to kill a few of em.. of course he crashes on jump in.. and as im mwding back to the gate.. I see his domi explode.. when he logs back in a few hours later.. his ships still intact with some tiny fraction of hull :)

He got his insurance too :D

Yer buddy get his insurance in that fight above??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

BAsTid wrote: »
    He was scram'd and managed to warp out? Whoever attacked em sucked. Might have been a small ship intie or t1 frig without enough ammo to destroy it.

Do you actually play Eve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Zillah wrote: »

Dunno, he seems to have goonswarm tactics down pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BAsTid

Zillah wrote: »

Does mining count as playing? heh Yeah i'm very rusty, havent been playing proper for about 6months. But yeah been playing since 04 with a years break!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Well my point is that in a massive fleet fight of the sort that would result from taking down a jammer the onus to do damage is rarely on the one doing the tackling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Dude that story rocked!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

A similar thing happened to me recently.

I was on a suicide run in my drake with a bunch of other cheap T1 cruisers and a couple of destroyers over to Tama. I was about 80k off the gate with an inty running around just pissing us off, too quick for any of us to catch.

Anywho, the fleet docked up, I stayed in space and a massive Caldari fleet jumps in, instantly the inty warp scrambles me and I'm being jammed by a Widow, warped scrambled by some other ship aswell, NOS'd, and generally getting the **** kicked outta me!

I hit the MWD anyway but its not doing much good, down to structure and the inty decides to ram me, he knocks me out of range of the other ships and because he's slowed down I have time to lock and fire at him, he flee's and I escaped with 6% structure :D laughing all the way!

Advertisement