Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ringo says 'No More'

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

stovelid wrote: »
    I was born in Manchester, and have family in Liverpool, so spent a lot of time there growing up. The point is that I don't particularly like Liverpool and neither does Ringo, obviously. Consequently, neither of us live there.

Well ok i got the Manchester bit right and you dont like liverpool which is youir choice .But a very Manchester trait anyway and your more than aware that Liverpudlians are not actually over fond of Manchester either ,which has as much to do with the football culture as anything else .I Think they would be only to glad to say the beatles were from there .I was born in Dublin ,live in Liverpool now a long time and familier with Manchester but i wouldent want to live in Manchester either . I am sure if you or I had a choice to live away in the sun insted of either citys we would take it .

Noel gallagher while in france two weeks ago came out with a statement saying that '' the UK as a whole is a ****hole and London is over crowded ,polluted and so on '' .I assume he ment Manchester in that comment to considering the UK has some of the most beautiful scenery and countryside in the world .
    Ringo played drums for the Beatles. Millions of people bought Beatles albums. Ringo can do what he likes and where he likes. He doesn't owe anybody anything just because they bought records he played on.
    No he doesnt and totally agree ,it's just that thousends of beatle fans from around the world ( including manchester beatle fans ) invade liverpool every year and go away with positive thoughts of the city ,which is why they come back again and again . The new £billion shopping precent is a very pleasnt afternoons shopping and a joy to walk around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

latchyco wrote: »

LOL. It was a semi-facetious comment about Liverpool. Perhaps my upbringing has manc-ized me.

At least we agree that poor old Ringo doesn't have to live in Liverpool or spend the rest of his life answering Beatles fan mail by hand. Surely he couldn't have been compus mentis enough to answer fan mail when he was drinking with Keith Moon and Oliver Reed in the 70s? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

stovelid wrote: »
    LOL. It was a semi-facetious comment about Liverpool. Perhaps my upbringing has manc-ized me.

At least we agree that poor old Ringo doesn't have to live in Liverpool or spend the rest of his life answering Beatles fan mail by hand. Surely he couldn't have been compus mentis enough to answer fan mail when he was drinking with Keith Moon and Oliver Reed in the 70s? :D
    Also ,there are many people around the world who think they have real beatle autographs when in fact it is well known that the fab 4 got their Roadies and management people to sign thousends of fake authographs LOL

Advertisement