Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl - cant surf in Waterford

Options
  • 14-10-2008 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi all just since tonight everytime i try visit a web site i keep getting asked to log into upc using an sid or username and password anyone know whats going on? It was fine last night

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

That sounds more like a problem logging onto your wireless network.

But UPC in Waterford has been ****e for me as it has for many one or two other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭netbeatz

Thanks for the reply i thought that too but the problem is still there even if i wire it i dug out an old Ntl modem i had from before i moved in house and it works fine weird one this i downloaded a pretty big torrent last night bout 3 gig could Ntl have blocked the modem because of it? Dont download much normally

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Nah man, if you don't normally download too much then they would not do anything .

How are you actuall speeds though, once you are loged on ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

UPC are a joke. They claim that their 10mb and 20mb packages aren't available in my area because of the phonelines, even though two people that live less than 2-3 mins walk away in a built up area have the same service.

They just chopped the last line of their address off, and oh look, its magically available.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Gdep

Hi netbeatz,

That error wants you to sign in again to set up ur modem to the system. you are going to have to contact Ntl to get this information.

• Advertisement
Advertisement