Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Budget Day: Petrol Station Queues.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just read a post from a petrol station owner (different thread) where he says a wholesale price drop due tonight will effectively cancel out the 8c rise. The bottom line he says, is if a petrol station has jacked the prices up today, avoid filling up there and never use them again. Which means I need to find a new petrol station :D

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

DarkJager wrote: »
    Just read a post from a petrol station owner (different thread) where he says a wholesale price drop due tonight will effectively cancel out the 8c rise. The bottom line he says, is if a petrol station has jacked the prices up today, avoid filling up there and never use them again. Which means I need to find a new petrol station :D

You don't say.....I think we already covered this a few posts ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

I am sick to the gills of listening about a couple of cents on a litre of gas or 50 on a box of fags,

with college reg fees going to €1500 (next year hopefully I will have 3 attending college)

health insurance is bound to get a big jump cos of the hse increases , also income levy

the 1/2% on vat will indirectly affect everybody

4% on car tax

I reckon yesterday's budget cost me roughly €7K p.a.

maybe more in the small print i havn't read yet.

just means I will hold on to my 01 primera instead of spending approx €15k on a more modern car, was thinking of changing but decided to hold off to see what transfired

BTW I reckon this is only the start wouldn.t be surprised if we have a 'mini' budget next march/april especially with the large numbers expected to join the dole queues in the next 18 months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

But would a wholesale price not just effect the price in the future? As in, the fuel in the tanks at the stations, weren't bought at this cheaper wholesale price so we'd be waiting a while to see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

cormie wrote: »
    But would a wholesale price not just effect the price in the future? As in, the fuel in the tanks at the stations, weren't bought at this cheaper wholesale price so we'd be waiting a while to see it?

That's true, but the fuel in the tanks was also bought at a lower rate of excise duty. So as hammertime said any petrol station increasing their prices drastically is profiteering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

So with the cheapest Diesel I passed yesterday being 1.24.9, that should drop to 1.16.9 with the drop in wholesale prices? Glad I didn't fill up yesterday if it's true :D

lol cormie

sorry my friend, the big decrease is only unl

:o

Hammertime wrote: »
    lol cormie

sorry my friend, the big decrease is only unl

:o

Ahw :( I thought it was the wholesale price of oil that was cut, which is then made into diesel/petrol, meaning a cut for both, no? Or maybe I'm just confused :o

Ahw :( I thought it was the wholesale price of oil that was cut, which is then made into diesel/petrol, meaning a cut for both, no? Or maybe I'm just confused :o

No mate the wholesale prices comes through for each product individually, Derv, UNL, Kero etc etc

If its any consolation I'm dropping the price of my petrol to 115.9 on Friday

:P

lol

And your diesel? :) Is diesel set to drop or increase over the next while?

And your diesel? :) Is diesel set to drop or increase over the next while?

just made a call for you, looks like its dropping 3c, should hit the pumps on Friday or Saturday.

• Advertisement

Haha thanks a lot :) mightn't fill up just yet so:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

@ Hammertime

I don't suppose you garages are in South Dublin by any chance?
    Would be nice to know theres somewhere around here that isin't trying to rob me blind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

DarkJager wrote: »
    1.19 a litre today????? My local petrol station was charging 122.9 yesterday, today its 131.9!! However, he will be hearing in no uncertain terms later on what a money grabbing greedy bastard he is.

Who do you send complaints about overpriced stations to as I'd really like to see this guy nailed to a cross??

He won't be able to hear you as he's counting his extra cash.

@ Hammertime

I don't suppose you garages are in South Dublin by any chance?
    Would be nice to know theres somewhere around here that isin't trying to rob me blind

no sorry

I'm on dns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

ONLY PETROL IS GOING UP BY 8c DIESEL NOT AFFECTED

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

no sorry

I'm on dns

Aw, boo:(

what's dns? guessing da north side? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Passed a station today that was 118.9 last night, now 127.9... Yay!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Hey Cormie, http://pumps.ie/viewStation.php?stationID=1807

Nice cheap diesel. :cool:

Saw that alright, thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

The petrol at my local station went up by 8 cent today. Can someone confirm that the excise was applied at the wholesale level and not at the pump? Otherwise it would be fair that the price goes up til a new tanker comes in surely.

homah_7ft wrote: »
    The petrol at my local station went up by 8 cent today. Can someone confirm that the excise was applied at the wholesale level and not at the pump? Otherwise it would be fair that the price goes up til a new tanker comes in surely.

It's gone up everywhere around here, so i don't think any complaining will get you very far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

I'd like to know though if the excise is applied at wholesale level (so is already paid for). Or that it must be applied at the point of sale. At least that way I know if I'm being gouged. :D

I'd like to know though if the excise is applied at wholesale level (so is already paid for). Or that it must be applied at the point of sale. At least that way I know if I'm being gouged. :D

Lol, not matter what you do your going to be gouged, the money will go to someone in the end.:D

your been ridden harder than a 5 rouble russian hooker at an english stag party

(thats pretty hard)

Saw that alright, thanks :)

Hey Cormie,

good news on your lovely Diesel, it's coming down about 7 or 8 cents on friday

I'll be at about 118.9 from 4pm.

fill yer boots my son !

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaybee747

Past half a dozen stations this morning and they hadn't changed there prices, they did however have them changed on the way home today.Wasn't really a need to rush out lastnight as many did. They were at 1.24 in most garages i past today thats not really any worse than it was a couple of months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

good news on your lovely Diesel, it's coming down about 7 or 8 cents on friday

I'll be at about 118.9 from 4pm.

Cool, so maybe 110.9 or 111.9 by next week? :eek::cool:

cheapest i've paid so far this year was 114.9 back in January!

• Advertisement

Cionád wrote: »
    Cool, so maybe 110.9 or 111.9 by next week? :eek::cool:

cheapest i've paid so far this year was 114.9 back in January!

not sure about that mate, I just know I'm dropping it on Friday to about 118.9 to incorporate the price drop, I've no idea yet if any increases or decreases are in the pipeline after this one.

Advertisement