Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of changing to O2

Options
  • 14-10-2008 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking fo changing away from BT and having a wired broadband connection to O2's mobile broadband mainly because of the price. I'm paying €47 a month with BT where as O2 is only €19 a month. I borrowed a friends O2 modem for a while and it worked ok for me but one question I have is sometimes I play my nintendo ds online using a wireless connection, is there someway or something I can plug into my PC so that I will still have a wireless connection?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You could get a wireless router that accepts the USB modems, but these are not that cheap. On the cheap, if your PC has a wireless connection, you could try Internet Connection Sharing and set up an Ad-hoc network between it and the DS. Some people have gotten this to work, but lots have had problems, so it's very hit and miss.

3G is not an alternate to fixed line broadband products, so I wouldn't advise changing to it purely for price.

Advertisement