Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QUICK QUESTION!

Options
  • 14-10-2008 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

hi just a quick question, im using 1 screen but i set up the display and set my main monitor as the one im using now, and clicked 'extend onto 2nd monitor\9or something like that cant remember), the problem is when i clicked ok the screen refreshed and now im stuck with my main monitor thats got the icons and desktop showing, but everything pops up in the second monitor (which i dont have.)

i cant change this because i cant get into the display box, and when i plug the monitor into the second dvi port it sais signal out of range. so i cant drag the display wizard over to the main to change it.

is there a button i can press that when i right click the desktop the display box will apear on that screen?? (my only one)

such a long message for such a silly problem, sorry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dubfir

No idea whats happened there but go to.. Control Panel.. Personalization and u should be able to change setup assuming u have vista

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭hexagramer

i use xp pro,

just saying that every window will open on the second screen (wich i dont have setup) and that i cant get at the display box

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dubfir

try control panel and then display in xp

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭hexagramer

yup still opens on the screen.

and i cant change my one screen to be act as the second one because its out of range!:eek:

Advertisement