Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Please help re crap roads!

Options
  • 15-10-2008 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

I just wrecked a wheel....

Jist of it can be found here.CLICK ME FOR BOARDS LINK

Hopefully somebody can shed some light. I had a payout from SDCC a few years back for wheel damage, but I believe Meath Coco are a bit tighter!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

I believe the council are legally liable and have to pay. A while ago I had the same thing happen. I sent a photo of the damaged wheel to Waterford Corporation with the bill for the new wheel. Took them two months, but they paid up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

take pictures of the pothole (quickly - as once you report it they will fill it in), pics of your wheel, ring to find out who deals with this stuff and then deliver it to him/her by hand in the council offices. Ring them repeately, eventually they relent and pay up.

Its a long slog though, make sure you go to a main dealer and get it done perfectly, don't go saving the council money, you'll get no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've rang Meath CoCo (specifically the Kells office) about the state of the main (N3) road in the town. Despite them patching it up only a few weeks ago, it's now worse than ever at the junctions around SuperValu.

They've no interest though.. write in etc. Who sends letters in this day and age? Besides, who's responsible anyway as it's a primary route. Is it the council, or the NRA?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Besides, who's responsible anyway as it's a primary route. Is it the council, or the NRA?

NRA are responsible for building new N-routes, but the local authority is responsible for their maintenance after they are opened (which explains why barriers on motorways take so long to be fixed... :rolleyes: )

Advertisement