Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadmau5

• 15-10-2008 4:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if the gig in Tripod on friday night is sold out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭sur_1_nuage

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the gig in Tripod on friday night is sold out?

Enough of that guy! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Yeah i got a ticket even doe i dont like his new stuff he is bringing out. Dont think its sold out a few mates got them earlier this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I've listened to the stuff Zascar recommended and i just am not into it at all, (i think he is a dreadful remixer too) each to their own and all that, and have a good one anyone who's going, i just do not like that type of sound.

What with this guy?

I've heard a few of his tunes like Faxing Berlin, and gotta admit I like the stuff, but I like progressive. But he seems to provoke a reaction I'd expect would be reserved for The Vengaboys or Cascada.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

What with this guy?

I've heard a few of his tunes like Faxing Berlin, and gotta admit I like the stuff, but I like progressive. But he seems to provoke a reaction I'd expect would be reserved for The Vengaboys or Cascada.

Don't think he tends to get much of a bad reaction. Everyone seems to love him, from the minimal people to the trance people to the techno people. That's his appeal.

Every magazine etc. has heralded him as the new messiah of dance music (and I'm inclined to agree, I was huge into him when I first got into dance music).

People like Johnny are a small minority of people from 'back in the day' bitching on an internet forum about a new guy who has taken the world by storm.
    End of story really.

*this is not meant to start an argument, I'm calling it as I see it. And I'm sure most here will agree*

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

jtsuited wrote: »
    *this is not meant to start an argument

Ah yeah! G'wan out of that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

When something becomes popular there will always be an element that hates it.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

Down with this sort of thing!!!!

Don't think he tends to get much of a bad reaction. Everyone seems to love him, from the minimal people to the trance people to the techno people. That's his appeal.

Every magazine etc. has heralded him as the new messiah of dance music (and I'm inclined to agree, I was huge into him when I first got into dance music).

People like Johnny are a small minority of people from 'back in the day' bitching on an internet forum about a new guy who has taken the world by storm.
    End of story really.

*this is not meant to start an argument, I'm calling it as I see it. And I'm sure most here will agree*

Moderators i suggest this poster get a warning over this, this is clearly a dig at me in order to start an argument, there is no doubt about it despite what he said.

wow i don't like Deadmou5 and im labelled a minority from back in the day who bitches on an Internet forum, you seriously need to look a bit closer to home sunshine, taken the world by storm, course he has, he sells out massive venues worldwide doesn't he, the messiah of dance music..jesus wept ive heard it all now.

Davei141 wrote: »
    When something becomes popular there will always be an element that hates it.

I don't "hate" Deadmou5, i just do not like the type of sound he plays that's all, and i don't jump on bandwagons either, because Deadmou5 might be flavour of the month right now means jack sh*t to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

how is liking particular sound jumping on a bandwagon.
    hes been around since 2005.you said yourself you like electrohouse but i guess there was no bandwagon when it became popular right?

seannash wrote: »
    how is liking particular sound jumping on a bandwagon.
    hes been around since 2005.you said yourself you like electrohouse but i guess there was no bandwagon when it became popular right?

i like some electro house not all of it and i never suddendly jumped on the bandwagon when it became popular like some people have done when minimal became popular last year.

jonny68 wrote: »
    Moderators i suggest this poster get a warning over this, this is clearly a dig at me in order to start an argument, there is no doubt about it despite what he said.

wow i don't like Deadmou5 and im labelled a minority from back in the day who bitches on an Internet forum, you seriously need to look a bit closer to home sunshine, taken the world by storm, course he has, he sells out massive venues worldwide doesn't he, the messiah of dance music..jesus wept ive heard it all now.

don't be silly.
    I am saying that you are part of a small minority of people focused heavily on old-school who tend to be of an opinion that nothing compares to back then.

and yes he does sell out massive venues worldwide, and yes much of the dance music press have hailed him as this, that and the other.

My point Johnny if you would like to read between the lines, is that your opinion of Deadmau5 really isn't of any value to anybody. So stop posting in threads about Deadmau5 saying how bad you think he is.

lol

i like some electro house not all of it and i never suddendly jumped on the bandwagon when it became popular like some people have done when minimal became popular last year.
    so let me get this straight,you like electrohouse,but people who like minimal are jumping on a bandwagon.
    the electrohouse bandwagon was way bigger than any minimal bandwagon.
    oh and minimal has been big for a few years now,it didnt start last year.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I've mixed opinions on the guy really. I love 'Faxing Berlin' but thats all I genuinely like. The rest I know sounds ok but just doesn't move me that much. Sometimes I find he ruins tracks with just terrible choices of lyrics, or putting in lyrics at all (e.g. Album version of "I Remember") or tries to emulate other genres by using those annoying pretentious clicky precussion samples. It sounds like simple trance music with a slight twist by adding more techno-ish elements to make it hip but still retaining the commercial appeal. Just my opinion.... poorly explained :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Thats all well and good to hear everyones opinions guys but still no one has answered if its sold out or not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

jtsuited and jonny68 - I'm getting sick and tired of your squabbling now, an earlier thread with the same crap was locked because of it. Will the 2 of you please cop on.

jtsuited - you were baiting Jonny68 on this thread with that comment, and you know it.

jonny68 - use the report post function and the mods will be notified of the post you have an issue with. There's no need to further antogonise the situation on the thread.

The Dance/Electronic forum runs pretty smoothly without the need for too much moderation as long as everyone respects each other and each others opinions. However, any more of this nonsense will leave me with no option but to issue a ban

Now can we please have a

group-hug.jpg

Don't think he tends to get much of a bad
    End of story really.

Hey, I'm in my mid 30s, so I'm from 'back in the day' too.

But I'm like the Fonz*, I'm down with the kids.

*I presume everyone knows the Fonz, right?

I don't "hate" Deadmou5, i just do not like the type of sound he plays that's all, and i don't jump on bandwagons either, because Deadmou5 might be flavour of the month right now means jack sh*t to me.

That post wasn't aimed at you it was just a general annoyance i have. You don't like his sound fair enough, some people do. And just because i happen to like it I am all of a sudden hopping on a bandwagon? You can curse the people liking him all you like, ill be enjoying his gig Friday that's all that matters.
    I presume everyone knows the Fonz, right?

Let us eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    jtsuited and jonny68 - I'm getting sick and tired of your squabbling now, an earlier thread with the same crap was locked because of it. Will the 2 of you please cop on.

jtsuited - you were baiting Jonny68 on this thread with that comment, and you know it.

jonny68 - use the report post function and the mods will be notified of the post you have an issue with. There's no need to further antogonise the situation on the thread.

The Dance/Electronic forum runs pretty smoothly without the need for too much moderation as long as everyone respects each other and each others opinions. However, any more of this nonsense will leave me with no option but to issue a ban

Now can we please have a

group-hug.jpg

i genuinely was calling it as I see it. And I can hazard a guess I'm not alone whatsoever in seeing it that way.

To answer the OP, I tried booking tickets for this last night and couldn't so I presume it's sold out (or at least the tickets available so far are sold out).

i genuinely was calling it as I see it. And I can hazard a guess I'm not alone whatsoever in seeing it that way.

To answer the OP, I tried booking tickets for this last night and couldn't so I presume it's sold out (or at least the tickets available so far are sold out).

your lying through your teeth your main reason on here seems to be to contradict everything i say and start arguments, before you came along there was never any bickering on here, your mad sense of humour and bizzare opinions are not productive for this forum.

Just ignore my posts in future yeah.

Davei141 wrote: »
    That post wasn't aimed at you it was just a general annoyance i have. You don't like his sound fair enough, some people do. And just because i happen to like it I am all of a sudden hopping on a bandwagon? You can curse the people liking him all you like, ill be enjoying his gig Friday that's all that matters.

Let us eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Never said you were jumping on any bandwagon mate, everyone to their own, i just personally don't happen to believe "hype" about whoever Mixmag or whoever say is the "latest star" on the scene is and having listened to his music it does nothing for me but as i said everyone to their own and hope you have a good one at the nite.

your lying through your teeth your main reason on here seems to be to contradict everything i say and start arguments, before you came along there was never any bickering on here, your mad sense of humour and bizzare opinions are not productive for this forum.

Just ignore my posts in future yeah.

johnny, I am not lying whatsoever.

Bizarre Opinions? Get Real.

You constantly post in threads such as this one with opinions that are helpful to nobody, and then when someone points that out, you go crying to the mods.

Most of your posts consist of some old school nostalgia, some ridiculous view of how things should be, and then some bitching about minimal.

This formula is just annoying and uninteresting. Your behaviour in certain threads has not shown you to be an educated or coherent debater.

We get it, you're old (older than most people here) and you were alive at a certain period of time. Can you please get over it and stop offering your non-constructive and ill-informed opinion to every thread?

While you were banned there was plenty of discussion going on on this forum, so don't tell me what is productive to this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 diditwork

Lads shut up and go wax your legs.

Never said you were jumping on any bandwagon mate, everyone to their own, i just personally don't happen to believe "hype" about whoever Mixmag or whoever say is the "latest star" on the scene is and having listened to his music it does nothing for me but as i said everyone to their own and hope you have a good one at the nite.

I get what your saying man, Cheers for that.

johnny, I am not lying whatsoever.

Bizarre Opinions? Get Real.

You constantly post in threads such as this one with opinions that are helpful to nobody, and then when someone points that out, you go crying to the mods.

Most of your posts consist of some old school nostalgia, some ridiculous view of how things should be, and then some bitching about minimal.

This formula is just annoying and uninteresting. Your behaviour in certain threads has not shown you to be an educated or coherent debater.

We get it, you're old (older than most people here) and you were alive at a certain period of time. Can you please get over it and stop offering your non-constructive and ill-informed opinion to every thread?

While you were banned there was plenty of discussion going on on this forum, so don't tell me what is productive to this forum.

PLEASE IGNORE MY POSTS you are pestering me, i got banned because you goaded me into an argument,as much as you try and make out i always go on about old skool but it's actually you who has more of an obsession about hating old skool than i do like it, quite disturbing actually, you need to get over it, and stop telling lies about me,seriously.

Before you came along and disrupted every thread i post on this forum was going fine, you contradict everthing i say and pick off on my posts looking for arguments that is fact, i can list many threads to back up this claim, don't even begin to label me as uneducated as my knowledge of all things dance music is far far greater than yours.

Again i repeat STOP PESTERING ME AND IGNORE MY POSTSyou get it.

Jonny68 and jtsuited banned for 3 days each.

A warning was given but the bickering continued, take a few days away from the forum to cool down. If this nonsense breaks out again when your bans are up then be prepared for a longer ban.

In the meantime if you both want to continue fighting then might I recommend The Thunderdome.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=484

I'm just gonna add here that I hate banning anyone from the forum. Its very rare that it happens apart from spammers. But lads ye left me with no option.

• Advertisement

Christ, I wish I had ANYONE to discuss dance music with in the wilds of South Kerry whather they were young or old or like rave or minimalist techno or jungle.

Folks, everyone who doesn't like dance/electronic thinks we're nerds! We have to unite. We can't splinter into minimalists v ravers or whatever! This isn't the Life of Brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Cannot wait for the DEADMAU!!!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I would hit this but ive a bloody chest infection. Going to Berlin next week so its more important to be in good shape for that. Everyone whose going enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Anyone read his interview in The Star this morning.:eek: What a cock. Basically says all Dj's are c*nts and he wished they would **** off and die. Guy has serious delusions of grandeur. If it wasnt for Dj's playing his tunes he would be nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

He did a similiar interview with DJ mag- i think his point was that technology will soon become so advanced that we wont need a Dj to spin records, its a vild point, but i think thats a good bit of happening. Im heading 2n, but worried its gonna be full of kids ala a tiesto gig!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Also met him at Electric Picnic and he was bang on - LEAVE MY MATE ALONE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Tomorrow night lads! :pac:

Tonight you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

T minus a few hours.

Had a listen to the support act on myspace. Meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

theres a good gang of us goin in, pre party in mine starting in about an hour, still downloadin tracks now.

hehe

session on the cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Anyone read his interview in The Star this morning.:eek: What a cock. Basically says all Dj's are c*nts and he wished they would **** off and die. Guy has serious delusions of grandeur. If it wasnt for Dj's playing his tunes he would be nothing.

I read this and its definitely changed my opinion of him. What a ****in tosser. Anybody who believes that vinyl will be totally replaced by new technology needs their ****in head examined. Vinyl is the real DJ's tool of choice, Deadmau5 has just added to my hatred for laptop dj's.

• Advertisement

engrish? wrote: »
    T minus a few hours.

Had a listen to the support act on myspace. Meh.

+1.

Reset robot sounds pretty poor.

DarkJager wrote: »
    I read this and its definitely changed my opinion of him. What a ****in tosser. Anybody who believes that vinyl will be totally replaced by new technology needs their ****in head examined. Vinyl is the real DJ's tool of choice, Deadmau5 has just added to my hatred for laptop dj's.
    ah cmon man,your still dragging out that real djs use vinyl argument.
    get with the times,i could name 100 labels that you cant get vinyl releases on.

seannash wrote: »
    ah cmon man,your still dragging out that real djs use vinyl argument.
    get with the times,i could name 100 labels that you cant get vinyl releases on.

I'm not arguing about it, its just my viewpoint. I get much more satisfaction from getting a mix right on vinyl than I do from mixing on a laptop - I just feel it robs something from the experience. You probably could name 100 labels you can't get vinyl on, but the labels I like still produce it so thats all I really care about!

thats cool but look at the way you put it
    real djs use vinyl.
    so 90% of the professional working djs who dont use vinyl arent real djs.carl cox isnt a real dj for example.
    i understand the whole vinyl thing,i use to use vinyl and i was slow to change but change is necessary.im all cds now and dont have to rely on records stores having tracks in stock or waiting a week for them to get to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 deftones

love d5.
    i wonder would we get in if we have no tickets?
    the same way like at sebastien leger or james zabiela like, when you could pay at the door?

thanks in advance (if someone knows and replys lol) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Funny that, all the "real DJ's" I know use CDs....

Vinyl is mostly dead. Move on.

Vinyl ain't dead and it will never die. Its been around how long now???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I said 'mostly'.

Its fading to obscurity, it will never be the most used format for DJing again.

Vinyl ain't dead and it will never die. Its been around how long now???
    same way you can still buy cassettes in most shops but noone is using them anymore,its dieing out unfortunately.i wish it wasnt so but its dieing off

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Cassettes? Never see them in shops these days.... plus they were always an inferior format to vinyl.

Vinyl sales have increased over the last couple of years also, I was amazed last week while in London, I had a look in Zavvi in Oxford St, very impressive vinyl section with a huge variety.

It may be less popular as a DJ format right now, that doesn't mean it won't increase again... chances are it will.

Deadrat or whatever his name is certainly causes a stir... two threads with several heated conversations and some bans :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement