Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadmau5

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Felixdhc wrote: »

Deadrat or whatever his name is certainly causes a stir... two threads with several heated conversations and some bans :eek:

Never a bad thing. :pac: Hour and a half to go :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Cassettes? Never see them in shops these days.... plus they were always an inferior format to vinyl.

Vinyl sales have increased over the last couple of years also, I was amazed last week while in London, I had a look in Zavvi in Oxford St, very impressive vinyl section with a huge variety.

It may be less popular as a DJ format right now, that doesn't mean it won't increase again... chances are it will.

Deadrat or whatever his name is certainly causes a stir... two threads with several heated conversations and some bans :eek:
    dont see many vinyl stores around either these days but there still about:D
    i dont think its gonna gain any more popularity.i read that vinyl sales were up but it wasnt to do with dance music more to do with bands releasing stuff on 7 inch vinyl and as collectors items.
    there is more profit in vinyl but the market is alot smaller these days than in years gone past.
    i think it was more the statement that vinyl was the real djs tool of choice that caused the stir.to come out with that sort of statement is a bit silly in this day and age,i think youll agree :D

seannash wrote: »
    i dont think its gonna gain any more popularity.i read that vinyl sales were up but it wasnt to do with dance music more to do with bands releasing stuff on 7 inch vinyl and as collectors items.
    there is more profit in vinyl but the market is alot smaller these days than in years gone past.
    i think it was more the statement that vinyl was the real djs tool of choice that caused the stir.to come out with that sort of statement is a bit silly in this day and age,i think youll agree :D

And those sort of statements are probably what provoked the outburst.

wewll my statement was somewhat true :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Davei141 wrote: »
    Tonight you mean

Woooops :p

Tonight, yeah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

DarkJager wrote: »
    Anybody who believes that vinyl will be totally replaced by new technology needs their ****in head examined. Vinyl is the real DJ's tool of choice

Well, I'm going to take the opinion of the likes of Richie Hawtin over yours, kthxbye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

FruitLover wrote: »
    Well, I'm going to take the opinion of the likes of Richie Hawtin over yours, kthxbye

Richie who??

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

seannash wrote: »

I would say the representation across a few genres in vinyl sections has definitely increased lately but agree that is including lots of genres that haven't been represented on vinyl for years... its obviously a swing back to the old charm of a 12" or LP with nice cover artwork and a paper insert that sticks to the new vinyl - the labels bid to try combat illegal downloads and give people a physical reason to spend money on music again. Whether its working or not is another thing in terms of their sales, but its still a lot more vinyl on offer than maybe 5 years ago. The more vinyl being produced (regardless of genre), the more choice of music available to both the DJ and the discerning listener in this format.

I can understand and don't argue with the reasons why a DJ these days would choose either CD or MP3 - after all, a DJs purpose in simple terms is to deliver a well constructed set of good music for people to enjoy, the method of delivery is pretty much irrelevant to the average listening punter. If the range of music available to the DJ is better served by a new format, of course the natural step is to move with the new format. I do think though that what is cool, hip or 'in' will also play a large part in determining the format of choice... lets say in a year or two from now a selection of top/cool/hip DJs start to push back to vinyl and all of a sudden it becomes cool again to use the old and original format... guarantee labels will start churning out 12"s again and the few 12"s that are being produced today will fetch big money due to their rare status from a time when vinyl was no longer hip. My two cents anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

was alri;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

chap was very good. better than i was expectin.

some tosser robbin his hat with his headfones, standin on top of the decks dancin, crowd surfin. he deffo put on a show

so any other reports on the night

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

Fricking awesome gig. I'm bloody wrecked today!

Brilliant night, he tore the place apart it was class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

he put on a great show, glad i went but was a bit disappointed, main issue was the crowd, too many locked people boozed out of it unfortunately - his set was a little on the heavier side at times than i'd have liked, but each to their own... he's impressive - just the location / locked state of some of the crowd took away from it for me :(

been at the tripod before when the crowd has been smaller and it's been pretty well run / organised, but last night was a mess, no queue management, locked people falling into you / spilling drink on ya / loads of bottles and spills on floor - not well run when it's busy...

he put on a great show, glad i went but was a bit disappointed, main issue was the crowd, too many locked people boozed out of it unfortunately - his set was a little on the heavier side at times than i'd have liked, but each to their own... he's impressive - just the location / locked state of some of the crowd took away from it for me :(

been at the tripod before when the crowd has been smaller and it's been pretty well run / organised, but last night was a mess, no queue management, locked people falling into you / spilling drink on ya / loads of bottles and spills on floor - not well run when it's busy...

I have to agree about the crowd, the place was absolutely packed and there was some tension with the drunk folk at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Heard the place was full of winterparty scummers.

true about the crowd, im a tripod regualr and never seen people ****in drinks in the air before, fools.

also loads of winterparty scummers screamin over and over "come on the mouse" was funny as ****.

Hey Ireland... i love you... but...

WATCH YOUR F*CKIN DRINKS!!!!

lol... man, most hectic ****ing night... ever. Tho i'll take some of the blame on that one as well... had about 15+ Coronas myself.

damage report:
    1 ****ed up xone:4d = trashed
    1 ****ed up Monome = trashed
    1 ****ed up Pioneer HDJ-1000's = trashed... then chucked into the crowd somewhere.
    1 ****ed up macbook = mildly trashed... but still ok.
    1 ****ed up deadmau5 = way too trashed for his own good... last seen on a bathroom floor.
    1 ****ed up Kaoscillator = trashed + missing.
    1 ****ed up pair of stage monitors.... = humped a bit ... then trashed.

so all in all... it was a night of pure chaos and destruction and im sure my management will LOVE the fact that ive sucessfully smashed the place + my kit to pieces.

but hey... we had fun.

and now...

ON WITH THE ****ING TOUR.

:)

love you guys.

-deadmau5

(this may be from the sligo gig though, its on his myspace blog)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

sounds like a great gig.

It's Deamau5 playing in Tripod. He's the biggest dance act on the planet right now so a packed venue full of drunks is par for the course really.

Gutted I missed it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I really wanted to go too but a crowd full of locked nackers would really have pissed me off. Saw him at Electric Picnic, he was good but I was expecting better.

I wonder where all his stuff got wrecked? Anyone see this happeneing in Tripod?

• Advertisement

it was posted on his blog friday so im guessin it was them rowdy gypsies in sligo!!

nah crowd wasnt too bad tbh, it was still the best show i have been to in a long time

go to youtube and search for deadmau5 tripod theres a tonne of vids already

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Looks savage! pissed I missed it now

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=deadmau5+tripod&search_type=&aq=-1&oq=

cool, reward is cheese - legend tune

That slip tune was defo contender for best of the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Zascar wrote: »
    Looks savage! pissed I missed it now

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=deadmau5+tripod&search_type=&aq=-1&oq=

cool, reward is cheese - legend tune

that song is what i always use as an example of something that on first hearing it sounds like a noisy silly thing, but when you hear it being played out it absolutely completely rocks.

especially when ur off your bracket!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Savage night. Enjoyed it quite alot. I'm also now a Deadmau5 fan, I went in not knowing much of his stuff but I thought it was savage. A converted fan :pac: The place was packed tho.. unreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

Amazing night!

Become a member to get the latets updates!

http://TheMau5.bebo.com

Advertisement