Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

madonna and guy ritchie to divorce!!

• 15-10-2008 8:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭

just heard on news that guy ritchie and madonna are to divorce...

http://news.sky.com/skynews

always knew it would never last...:(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Wasnt this known for better part of a year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

He has finally coped on that shes a bint.

No excuse for her to live in Ebgland anymore now. Off you go you looper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

The Sun newspaper said that the couple will announce the split imminently.
    Film director Ritchie, 40, and Madonna married seven years ago at a lavish ceremony in Scotland.
    But rumours have been circulating within the press that their relationship was increasingly under strain.
    The Sun reported that a recent escalation in rows has led to Madonna and Ritchie communicating via their personal assistants.
    The paper reported that Madonna had wanted to wait until the end of her Sticky and Sweet global tour before announcing the split.
    But the date has now been brought forward with both parties wanting a divorce finalised before Christmas, it claimed.
    Ritchie has broken off from filming in France to fly back to the UK to inform his parents of the split, the paper added.
    He will now move out of the couple's London home and move into the Wiltshire mansion owned by the pair.
    A source told the Sun: "Despite huge attempts to patch things up they both know deep down that divorce was on the cards. It wasn't a matter of 'if' but 'when'."

Has Madonna a prenup? If not Guy will get millions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

he might start making decent films again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Anybody know where he got that marsbar on his boatrace?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

It's official. Perez has the details here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

rovert wrote: »
    Wasnt this known for better part of a year?

Nothing concrete, up until now it was just tabloid speculation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Tara45

He got jealous when she moved into movies ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

TBH, I don't blame her, A-Rod is a legend.

alex-rodriguez-picture-1.jpg

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Nothing concrete, up until now it was just tabloid speculation.

No it wasnt they agreed to seperate after Madonna's tour, it was public knowledge.

No it wasnt they agreed to seperate after Madonna's tour, it was public knowledge.

Public Knowledge according to who? Any official statements from Guy or Madonna before this one? Or their representatives?

Public Knowledge according to who? Any official statements from Guy or Madonna before this one? Or their representatives?

Public doesnt have to offical you know. It was widely reported in the papers namely in the Daily Mirror.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/madonna%20planning%20divorce%20announcement%20after%20tour_1073084

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I feel sorry for their token adopted son who didn't ask to be sent into a battle-zone, although the other kids aren't going to come out unscathed either. Madonna's a bit primitive, allegedly calling her estranged husband an emotional retard.

I never could stick that deluded woman, or her "music".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Tara45 wrote: »
    He got jealous when she moved into movies ..

She tried several times to get some credibility in the movies, but proved everytime that she was crap at it. She probably got fixed up with Guy Ritchie, thinking that he was going to help her movie career, he being an up and coming film director.

Unfortunately for him, I think that his career suffered as a result of her interference, leading to another Madonna movie-bomb!

I think that she proves that any old twat can make a sh1t-load of money by being in the right place at the right time.

She's also a hypocrite. When her daughter was about two, or three, Madonna told everyone that she wouldn't allow her to watch TV as it would be a bad influence on her. That must have meant that she didn't want her daughter to catch a glimpse of the raucous music-videos that she made to further her "rebellious:rolleyes:" image.

Public doesnt have to offical you know. It was widely reported in the papers namely in the Daily Mirror.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/madonna%20planning%20divorce%20announcement%20after%20tour_1073084

You mean tabloids? Where any story will be manipulated, embelished and sensationalised to sell newspapers? It's no big deal man, I just don't buy into the hysteria that tabloids will create. No-one knows what happens behind closed doors

You mean tabloids? Where any story will be manipulated, embelished and sensationalised to sell newspapers? It's no big deal man, I just don't buy into the hysteria that tabloids will create. No-one knows what happens behind closed doors

It wasnt just reported by tabloids though and it was actually true.

It wasnt just reported by tabloids though and it was actually true.

Who else though? Gossip pages? Entertainment shows? I'm not saying that Richie and Madonna didn't have their problems but usually the press will take a story and mould it to suit the angle they want to come from. Take today for instance. You've got the Metro stating that Richie will take Madonna to the cleaners then on the other hand you've got the Mirror stating that Richie is not interested in money and is only concerned with the custody of his children. Which one is to be believed?

Madonna is planning to go public on her relationship with her “soulmate” – baseball star Alex Rodriguez.
    Well-placed sources say the Queen of Pop intends to let the world know she and multi-millionaire Rodriguez – known as A-Rod to American baseball fans – are an item when her world tour ends in December.
    Madge, who was named in Rodriguez’s own divorce, has grown increasingly close to the 33-year-old sports star while her marriage to film director Guy Ritchie crumbled.
    Significantly, the 50-year-old diva has introduced him to Kabbalah, the faith that was one of the main causes of her break-up with Ritchie.
    Sources say Rodriguez has thrown himself into the sect “with gusto”, in marked contrast to Ritchie, who was tired of Kabbalah and worried by its hold over Madonna and his children.
    Kabbalah leaders have already given their blessing to Madonna and Rodriguez’s friendship – a landmark decision in the singer’s eyes.
    Madonna also recently sneaked A-Rod into the front row of her concert in New York after the lights had dimmed. Her security team followed exactly the same procedures they once reserved for Guy – and Rodriguez even took Ritchie’s usual seat.
    She now plans to use his reputation as America’s highest-paid baseball star to help her adopt another child in Malawi – and is set to take him with her when she pays another visit to the poverty-strick African state in the New Year.
    Rodriguez has been renting a “love shack” in Manhattan’s fashionable Mandarin Oriental complex and Madonna has been a frequent visitor, say showbiz sources.
    Two weeks ago Madonna, who is worth £300million, had a secret dinner with A-Rod – worth £150million – in New York, where she told him that she and Ritchie “were 100 per cent over”.
    An insider told the Sunday Mirror: “Alex is bewitched by her. She is a very intoxicating woman and it seems she has offered him a pathway to happiness and enlightenment through Kabbalah.
    “He thinks she is phenomenal, but his friends aren’t sure they have much in common. And she loves the fact that he is a huge star in his own right – and the physical attraction is undeniably strong.”
    He is said to be like a “smitten schoolboy” in her presence.
    Rodriguez’s wife Cynthia filed for divorce in July alleging he was a serial adulterer who had “emotionally abandoned her”.
    She claimed Madonna and her husband were engaged in a “spiritual affair” and had reportedly found a letter in which her husband told Madonna: “You are my soul mate.”

Personally i think Guy Ritchie is better looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 richiejg

Bored same old rubbish, why doesn't Madonna f**k off back to America instead of trying to be British, we don't want her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

richiejg wrote: »
    Bored same old rubbish, why doesn't Madonna f**k off back to America instead of trying to be British, we don't want her.
    Um, we? ;)

Meh, personally I think she did all of her best stuff when she was still in America and it's all been pretty tame and held back since she moved to London.

JP Liz wrote: »

From the sounds of it, and from taking previous reports into account, I don't think Richie is actually bothered by the money. £20m is a lot of money, regardless of it only being a small proportion of Madonna's fortune. I am more interested in the bit with Madonna wanting to take her kids to New York. I'm sure a major reason why Richie has turned down the first offer is because he'd have to stand aside and watch his kids move to a different country if he accepted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭TriciaDelicia

Think Madonna is being bitchy having stories released to the media calling Guy a gold-digger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

eVeNtInE wrote: »

When your mother is Madonna the odds of not being messed up are probably fairly slim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

minxie1 wrote: »
    just heard on news that guy ritchie and madonna are to divorce...

http://news.sky.com/skynews

always knew it would never last...:(
    Oh FFS, why the f**k are you sad about Madonna and Guy Ritchie divorcing each other. Jesus Christ. Some people.

Madonna is a freak. Can't believe it took Guy this length of time to figure it out. 50 year old woman trying to look like a 20 year old. F**king disgusting is what it is. Not to mention the religious crap she was caught up in. Those Hollywood folk have way too much time on their hands.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

K4t, you seem to have some serious issues when it comes to celebrities, judging by your posts here. Please tone it down a bit. The vitriol gets a bit much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Faith wrote: »
    K4t, you seem to have some serious issues when it comes to celebrities, judging by your posts here. Please tone it down a bit. The vitriol gets a bit much.
    I'm sorry. Madonna is a great musician and a great role model. Also, a person showing sadness for her divorce is completely understandable and normal. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

K4t wrote: »
    I'm sorry. Madonna is a great musician and a great role model.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

K4t wrote: »
    Oh FFS, why the f**k are you sad about Madonna and Guy Ritchie divorcing each other. Jesus Christ. Some people.

Madonna is a freak. Can't believe it took Guy this length of time to figure it out. 50 year old woman trying to look like a 20 year old. F**king disgusting is what it is. Not to mention the religious crap she was caught up in. Those Hollywood folk have way too much time on their hands.
    am not "sad" about them breaking up....
    its a figure of speech......:D

Source Yahoo News
    Director Guy Ritchie was forced to call security on the set of his new movie 'Sherlock Holmes' when a crazed fan of his estranged wife Madonna reportedly threatened to stab him to death.

The filmmaker and the singer announced plans to divorce last month, and Ritchie has become a target for obsessed Madonna fans since.

Police were called to his London pub The Punchbowl on Thursday night after a man verbally abused the star, and now it's emerged that police had to arrest a 16-year-old boy, reportedly wielding a knife, on the set of the 'Sherlock Holmes' remake.

According to the 'Sunday Mirror', the unnamed teenager burst onto the set in Manchester, England, waving a 12-inch blade and yelled: "Where's Guy? I'm going to kill him!"

As security guards wrestled the boy to the ground, he allegedly shouted, "I'm Madonna's biggest fan! I'm going to kill Guy!"

A source said: "The bloke was screaming about Guy and shouting, 'I love Madonna'. It was terrifying. At first it seemed like a sick joke but it was soon obvious the knifeman was not messing around.

"Luckily there were four security guards and two policemen who were able to overpower him.

"Guy was understandably upset, but carried on as if nothing had happened."

A spokesperson for Ritchie was unable to be reached for comment.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

JP Liz wrote: »
    Source Yahoo News

:eek:
    wonder did madge put him up to it.....:pac:

Madonna’s first ex-husband Sean Penn pledged his support for Guy Ritchie, as he accepted the Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award at a Hollywood ceremony, an annual bash to celebrate all things British. When he took to the stage to receive his gong from director Paul Thomas Anderson, the actor, who was married to Madonna from 1985-1989, said: "What's my British thing to say? Guy Ritchie is back!" SOURCE: CONTACT MUSIC

• Advertisement

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20081111/en_top_eo/68105;_ylt=AmhBis1.5eiwATk.pwYm4PRxFb8C

A Rod buys her a rolls royce (like she needs it :rolleyes:)

Advertisement