Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take That plan official musical

Options
  • 15-10-2008 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭

http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/mhidkfsneykf/
    Take That singer Gary Barlow wants to write an official musical based on the British band's career - and hopes to recruit former band member Robbie Williams for the project.

The boyband, who disbanded in 1996 and reformed in 2005, was the subject of an unauthorised stage production, 'Never Forget', which launched in London's West End in May.

The singers were eager to distance themselves from the musical, which finishes its run in November, insisting it had "absolutely and 100% nothing to do with Take That".

But now, frontman Barlow is dreaming of his own version of the hitmakers' rise to fame.

He said: "We have a musical in us and if we can all agree on which bits of the story to include, we'll have a hit show."

And Barlow, 37, is adamant the production won't be the same without contributions from Williams, who left the band in 1995 to launch a solo career.

He adds: "It would be good if Robbie got involved. After all, he is part of the story."

I hope they get Robbie Williams on board. This could potentially be epic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Oh wow. I'd say that could actually be pretty good! Take That are brilliant....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Oh dear God...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Sounds good. Barlow is a good song writer and the talent from the rest of the band is definitely there. Only problem will be people who think just because they are a pop boy/man band that it is gonna be crap/naff/publicity stunt etc. etc.

I'd be happy to pay to see it.

Advertisement