Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A3 Advice

Options
  • 15-10-2008 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

Hopefully you excellent people:D can give me feed back on what you think about this car. I'm not really too sure about what good and bad milleage is blah blah, can you also suggest what i should be looking at when pretending to inspect the car and know what i'm talking about?

This is what I'm thinking about.....
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Audi/A3/1.6/1145914/is...

This is what I am hopefully tading in...
    I'v got a Nissan Almera 00 1.4 NCT'd with a few bumps and bruises on it but Engine is running well, anyway want to suggest a price so I won't get ripped off

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭qt9ukbg60ivjrn

bump...

my friend has just pointed out how bad a deal this is

anyone have any advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

eh...that link isn't working for me, just brings me to a generic carzone page with no car...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I'm partial to a nice Audi- I've had three including my current car but I must say that the A3 is very poor value for money, generally, unless you're getting a performancey 1.8T Sport or similar. The bread-and-butter ones are overpriced and dull as dishwater IMO.

yeah i just clicked it there myself, ****ed, i couldn't be arsed

any suggestions for a similar car then?

new golfs are too expensive and i can't think of anything else

keep in mind i'm upgrading from a nissan almera so TBH anything will do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

OP it would probably help if you gave us a ballpark figure for your budget, what mileage you normally do, etc etc before anyone can give you any really informed suggestions!

I'm a big fan of the A3 myself and Audi in general, so i'd hate to see anybody's opinions of the car put you off it straight away.....you created a thread asking about the A3 and one (slightly) negative comment already has you asking for other suggestions!!??

Stick to your guns man! :P

good suggestion!!!

10,000 around

can't tell you exact milleage i'd do a week, but i'd just drive my car to work and back 15mins drive and then into dublin from the suburbs a few times a week, i don't really use my car that much

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Audi/A3/1.6-SPORT/999573/

My point is that you have to make sure you get the right one and avoid the anonymous dull ones

They all feel well made

looking for new model, does any one know the situation with buying from england, if you keep the car for 6 months there its tax exempted? is that?

• Advertisement

You'd be doing VERY well to get a new model (03/04) A3 with decent spec and mileage for close to 10k here. If that is your set budget then maybe the UK would be a slightly better option (but obviously taking into account additional costs like VRT, transportation, mechanical checks etc). There is an excellent thread here that tells you everything you need to know about importing from the UK.

nice one, thanks for the advice, i kin dof got the impression from checking around that 10,000 just isn't going to cut it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=176389&highlight=importing

Here's the link to that thread. Do LOTS of research if this is the route you intend to go down. Otherwise, expect to pay a few grand more if it's a nice new model A3 you're after.

that link is comprehensive! cheers for all the advice people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

I had a 04 1.6 petrol one with nice wheels and air con and I loved it. Best car I ever owned and I'm sorry I moved to VW now. Great looking car and holds its value very well.

Advertisement