Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Who's ordering a New car for 2009 Thread

Options
  • 15-10-2008 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is anyone ordering a new car for Jan delivery.

To get the ball rolling I'm ordering the facelifted A6 either later today or tomorrow morning as long as VRT is not changed in the carbon budget.

Its the 170bhp diesel with Xenon headlights, folding rear seats, front and rear parking sensors and Audi audio interface.:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Are you here to gloat? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Was thinking off an 09 Legacy Outback diesel.....but then I drove it!
    Nope pay off my own and then see how the market is

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I think the Leggy estate is a lovely car. Brilliant value, too. No auto yet, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

steve06 wrote: »
    Are you here to gloat? :D

Maybe a little bit and for that i apologise.

But as this is a Motor forum i was hoping to hear from other people who are still going to order a new car after what happened in July and whether or not they are getting good deals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

well carbon budget is being announced today so VRT might get hit so put in the order right now to get a good price because it'll probably be going up!

Actually you're getting a diesel - maybe it'll come down a bit... depends on the CO2 though!

• Advertisement

cantdecide wrote: »
    I think the Leggy estate is a lovely car. Brilliant value, too. No auto yet, though.

Was very disapointed in it. Gear ratios too long and only 5 of them. Engine was very noisy. Leather was terrible quality. Really wanted to like it as I love subarus. Heard there is a 190bhp six speed set-up on the way.

steve06 wrote: »
    well carbon budget is being announced today so VRT might get hit so put in the order right now to get a good price because it'll probably be going up!

Actually you're getting a diesel - maybe it'll come down a bit... depends on the CO2 though!

Dealer said he could only guarantee the trade-in value he has to pass on anything the Government changes. So thats why I'm waiting before i jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Would a change in vrt not have been released yesterday along with all the other taxes?

Fingers crossed it should have been mentioned yesterday and not in todays carbon budget.

Just got a quote from insurance company of only an extra €95 on top of current policy i.e about €570. It pays to be over 30 i guess(but not by much ;)).

furtzy wrote: »
    Was very disapointed in it. Gear ratios too long and only 5 of them. Engine was very noisy. Leather was terrible quality. Really wanted to like it as I love subarus. Heard there is a 190bhp six speed set-up on the way.

190bhp ouch that should move. I have plumped for the 170bhp version (A6 not Sub) and that should shift but a 190bhp would be unreal. Shame to here your not happy, considering Subaru's are generally quality cars.

• Advertisement

190bhp ouch that should move. I have plumped for the 170bhp version (A6 not Sub) and that should shift but a 190bhp would be unreal. Shame to here your not happy, considering Subaru's are generally quality cars.

Very utilitarian and not great finishes. Think of them like a Toyota worth washing on a Sunday. My brother gave a 2.5 one hell for 45k and i couldn't figure out how it was staying together.

Still better than it's competitors all things considered, as long as you're not looking for luxury.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Its the 170bhp diesel with Xenon headlights, folding rear seats, front and rear parking sensors and Audi audio interface.:cool:

Any leather or nice alloys? I had a rental 3.2 Quattro A6, fully loaded while I was over in the states. I really liked the A6. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Fingers crossed it should have been mentioned yesterday and not in todays carbon budget.

Just got a quote from insurance company of only an extra €95 on top of current policy i.e about €570. It pays to be over 30 i guess(but not by much ;)).

Where are people getting the idea the is a "carbon budget" today?
    I haven't seen nor heard of one from anywhere but boards?

I realise there was one last December, but I couldn't even find anything about one today on the Greens site........maybe I'm wrong but I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Yeah, any more info on it? Or even a time as i would be very interested to know.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

You know there's something wrong with your under-powered car when you start talking about the headlights and the folding seats as features...... ;)

You know there's something wrong with your under-powered car when you start talking about the headlights and the folding seats as features...... ;)

BBUUUURRRRRNNNN!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

So only one person is buying a new car then. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

kluivert wrote: »
    So only one person is buying a new car then. :D

:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

AudiChris wrote: »
    :(:(:(:(:(

The budget did nothing to help businesses.

It only served to fuel the fire in my opinion, therefore I forecast that in 2009 second hand sales will rise and new car sales will lower still.

The reason for this is that ordinary joe soaps where over borrowing to pay for the Audi or BMW which is now definitely out of reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

don't forget the "me too" mentality! things went nuts...

I'd be surprised if second hand prices increased.

• Advertisement

Under powered maybe to you but every car i have bought has seen a power increase over the last including this one.

Yes alloys have been improved but didn't trump for the leather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Under powered maybe to you but every car i have bought has seen a power increase over the last including this one.

It's all relative - the 170BHP will feel underpowered to some people (a Golf GTI driver, for instance) but will feel quick to others.

I personally think it's a great engine for the car, much smoother and more linear than the last 2.0TDi. Now it has the power to keep up with the BMW, which is what it needed. If I were in the market for an A6 I'd certainly be happy with 170BHP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

kluivert wrote: »

It only served to fuel the fire in my opinion

Careful now. That fuel is 8c dearer now. :p

I doubt there'll be a buying spree in January seen as there'll good value to be had on 08 cars there were landed with unless your a plate snob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Buying a new car here is a complete waste of money here unless you can write it off against your taxes, there are too many bargains to be had either importing, buying repo or haggleing with a dealer. Things are desperate now you know.:(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I'm surprised to hear that you found the quietest diesel on the market noisey. I also wouldn't worry about 5 speed, diesels only need 5 gears, 6 is only a small bonus. What do you drive currently?
    Leather is terrible quality in 80% of cars out there, don't know why the Irish go weak at the knees for it in a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Going to buy a pro_ceed ex diesel, depending on price for my own and all things considered. Will get down to ordering in coming 2 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

junkyard wrote: »
    Buying a new car here is a complete waste of money here unless you can write it off against your taxes, there are too many bargains to be had either importing, buying repo or haggleing with a dealer. Things are desperate now you know.:(.

Any details on "buying repo"?

Biro wrote: »
    I'm surprised to hear that you found the quietest diesel on the market noisey. I also wouldn't worry about 5 speed, diesels only need 5 gears, 6 is only a small bonus. What do you drive currently?
    Leather is terrible quality in 80% of cars out there, don't know why the Irish go weak at the knees for it in a car.

It wasn't quiet not by a long shot. Was very loud at idle even after it had warmed up. Had a long drive in it and its definitely missing the extra gear. Have you driven it yourself? I had my heart set on one and was very disappointed. Drive a Vectra Sri CDTi 150 (loadsa letters!) and found my own engine way better. As I said apparently there is a 190 bhp coming out with the new 2010 Legacy. I agree with your that most leather out there isn't great but the Legacys was really bad especially in the back.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Going to buy a pro_ceed ex diesel, depending on price for my own and all things considered. Will get down to ordering in coming 2 weeks!

Parents have one and its a wee gem. Great little engine. They've had more cars than hot dinners Audis' VW, Subaru, Honda and everything in between and they say its their favourite car so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

I have a diesel Legacy and was disappointed by this at first. However the engine loosens up A LOT with a bit of mileage. My own is loosening up nicely at about 5500kms. I've driven one with 9000kms and it's even better so don't be too quick to judge.

245, another owner on this board has had a similar experience.

190bhp version of the next-gen Legacy (mid 09 AFAIK) should be an awesome car - as long as Subaru don't screw up the styling...

Advertisement