Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa's for Peru / America ???????

Options
  • 15-10-2008 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I am traveling to Peru next summer June to Aug.
    Was just wondering what happens with visa's??

I will be traveling to New York first and staying there for 5 days then from there to Lima and on to Cusco. And on the way back i'll be staying in New York for a few days.

I know already bout the advance passenger information you have to give when going to New York, i have already done this. But is there anything else i have to do since i'm only stopping over?

And what happens with getting the visa for Peru. I will be there less than 3 months.

Also what about coming back to America from Peru i haven't been asked to submit any information. What happens with the visa from there.

Thanks in advance for your replies :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Waxing the Gaza

As long as you are an Irish citizen you dont need a visa for Peru as far as i know. I'm going in 2 weeks, cant wait :)!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mikey One

Thanks. Ya i seen it somewhere that you can go for 3 months, it's just the going back into america thing thats worrying me.

How long you going for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Waxing the Gaza

Im going for 6 weeks, only spending a few days in Peru and then on to Bolivia, Argentina and flying home from Brazil. I've a lot of ground to cover!! Whats your plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Mikey One wrote: »
    Thanks. Ya i seen it somewhere that you can go for 3 months, it's just the going back into america thing thats worrying me.

That's not a problem... I travelled through the US 3 times in 1 trip this year - The first 2 "visits" were really just overnight stops - 9 hours and 14 hours and the 3rd was for 2 weeks on the way back home.

Be up front at immigration - say you are on vacation and transiting on - have all your tickets handy for them to have a look through and there should be no hassles.

I did something similar last year with transiting though the US as well and there was no hassle.

macrubicon wrote: »
    That's not a problem... I travelled through the US 3 times in 1 trip this year - The first 2 "visits" were really just overnight stops - 9 hours and 14 hours and the 3rd was for 2 weeks on the way back home.

Be up front at immigration - say you are on vacation and transiting on - have all your tickets handy for them to have a look through and there should be no hassles.

I did something similar last year with transiting though the US as well and there was no hassle.

Thanks, just wasn't sure. Didn't want to be turned away at immigration after spending all that money on flights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 pelacho

hey mikeyjust something to watch out for. it is usually a 3 month visa for peru. i was there last year for 2 months.i passed through imagration on arival and showed the guy my passport, tickets and he stamped it. didn't think to check how long he put as i presumed it was 3 months standard. when i went to leave peru it turned out i was ony given a 1 month visa, and they were looking for about 30 dollars for my 'extra time'. i didn't have a bean and almost missed my flight. they let me go when they realised they couldnt get blood from a stone. also another guy on the flight got stung the same. from asking around afterwards it seems to be a bit of a racket to get a few bob out of foreignersits a really beautiful country though

pelacho wrote: »
    hey mikeyjust something to watch out for. it is usually a 3 month visa for peru. i was there last year for 2 months.i passed through imagration on arival and showed the guy my passport, tickets and he stamped it. didn't think to check how long he put as i presumed it was 3 months standard. when i went to leave peru it turned out i was ony given a 1 month visa, and they were looking for about 30 dollars for my 'extra time'. i didn't have a bean and almost missed my flight. they let me go when they realised they couldnt get blood from a stone. also another guy on the flight got stung the same. from asking around afterwards it seems to be a bit of a racket to get a few bob out of foreignersits a really beautiful country though

Thanks for that i'll make sure to check what visa stamp i get.

Advertisement