Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

High mileage Mondeo - would you?

Options
  • 15-10-2008 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭

170k miles, '01 LX Diesel €2.5k with 2 year NCT.

Any potential pitfalls I should be wary of here?

Thoughts welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The diesel pump and injectors have a reputation for premature failure.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

So I hear, but I'd have thought that would still be a problem at 100k or whatever. The vehicle itself drives nicely, is fairly spotless and feels solid enough. Seems well maintained and it's only a run around I'm after.

I've heard about these yokes doing crazy mileage, I only want it for less than 10k miles a year surely it could manage that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Savman wrote: »
    So I hear, but I'd have thought that would still be a problem at 100k or whatever. The vehicle itself drives nicely, is fairly spotless and feels solid enough. Seems well maintained and it's only a run around I'm after.

I've heard about these yokes doing crazy mileage, I only wan

t it for less than 10k miles a year surely it could manage that?

its probably the old 90BHP TD engine....not that econmoical i hear. Then for the money??. I bought a grand 02 toledo for brother a few weeks ago, 70k miles full history. like new. hes getting about on average 55mpg out of it. payed under 5 grand...private seller who wanted to shift it. id offer 2 grand for that car..and wait for him to ring u back..

Advertisement