Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tripod

Options
  • 15-10-2008 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi, I'm going to tripod on friday to see deadmau5, got my tickets, and a room at the harcourt hotel with 3 friends...only thing is, I'm 17! Are they strict on ID? I have one which says I'm 20, but I don't want it taken off me, as there's an autograph on the inside of it! I would say I look about 20 when i have my make-up and hair done, but do they ask everyone? I'll be with two 18-yo boys and a 22-yo. Any opinions?:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Hi, I'm going to tripod on friday to see deadmau5, got my tickets, and a room at the harcourt hotel with 3 friends...only thing is, I'm 17! Are they strict on ID? I have one which says I'm 20, but I don't want it taken off me, as there's an autograph on the inside of it! I would say I look about 20 when i have my make-up and hair done, but do they ask everyone? I'll be with two 18-yo boys and a 22-yo. Any opinions?:o

Yes their strict with ID.

Legally no one other than a Garda can take your ID from you, and people should NEVER allow a bouncer to confiscate ID, and I can't repeat this often enough, NEVER EVER leave your ID out of your sight and never allow a bouncer to confiscate it. Esp. and this is very serious and not a race statement - NEVER allow a bouncer who is foreign national to keep your ID regardless his/her excuses.

Call a Guard if this happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭peachesxcream

Mairt wrote: »
    Yes their strict with ID.

Legally no one other than a Garda can take your ID from you, and people should NEVER allow a bouncer to confiscate ID, and I can't repeat this often enough, NEVER EVER leave your ID out of your sight and never allow a bouncer to confiscate it. Esp. and this is very serious and not a race statement - NEVER allow a bouncer who is foreign national to keep your ID regardless his/her excuses.

Call a Guard if this happens.

Awww nooo :(!! This is a fake drivers liecense, it's clattered with drink so the ink's run a bit, and if you look closely you can see the outlineof the other picture underneath...but stilll...awck i'm sh*tting it now!
    :O are you serious?! I'm in Letterkenny and it happens all the time up here! I ight just see if I can get anyone who remotely looks like me to lend me their id...

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

Awww nooo :(!! This is a fake drivers liecense, it's clattered with drink so the ink's run a bit, and if you look closely you can see the outlineof the other picture underneath...but stilll...awck i'm sh*tting it now!
    :O are you serious?! I'm in Letterkenny and it happens all the time up here! I ight just see if I can get anyone who remotely looks like me to lend me their id...

I'm going to that gig, there will be loads of people my age and older (27) so just grab one and chat to them as you walk in.

Should be an awesome gig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Apart from your fake ID, and honestly if I gave you advice on gaining entry with it I'd be leaving boards.ie open to possible legal action if something happened to you.

Re. confiscating ID. Regardless if its a fake or not its a valuable document.

Esp, a real drivers licence or passport. There's a market for those things, and its a market thats exploited by foreign national bouncers working here. And before the PC brigade jumps all over me, I'm talking with the benefit of hindsight. I've over 15yrs experience working in pub/nightclub security here.

engrish? wrote: »
    I'm going to that gig, there will be loads of people my age and older (27) so just grab one and chat to them as you walk in.

Should be an awesome gig!

You reckon?!:D I fookin met him in Portrush, it was like a cattlemart up there...but I just don't wanna ruin the weekend for everyone else! Would they stop a couple?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I've heard of loads of places not accepting driving licenses and the old passports as they are so easy to forge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Tripod is one of the hardest places in Dublin for underagers to get into in my experience, and tbh your ID sounds fairly crap. A friend of mine managed to hop a railing and sneak in through the smoking area a while back, so if you're feeling brave you could always try that :p

3 words: WHAT. A. NIGHT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Jello wrote: »
    Tripod is one of the hardest places in Dublin for underagers to get into in my experience, and tbh your ID sounds fairly crap. A friend of mine managed to hop a railing and sneak in through the smoking area a while back, so if you're feeling brave you could always try that :p

I remember doing that back when it was Redbox :o

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

OP, did you get in?? Like peachesxcream says, what a night. The crowd (including myself) went apesh*t when the Zimmerman played the Muse/Daft Punk remix. Savage!

Saw a few people get refused because of ID and no ticket and loads got kicked out for sneaking in through the railings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Aspiration wrote: »
    OP, did you get in?? Like peachesxcream says, what a night. The crowd (including myself) went apesh*t when the Zimmerman played the Muse/Daft Punk remix. Savage!

Saw a few people get refused because of ID and no ticket and loads got kicked out for sneaking in through the railings.

peachesxcream IS the op so I'm guessing he managed to get in alright!!

Advertisement