Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pollen Filter Mk3 Golf

Options
  • 15-10-2008 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭

I've searched the web, and cant find the answer,
    Where is the Pollen/Cabin filter in a Mk3 Golf ?

The air blower cuts out periodically.
    I have changed the thermal resister, i was told that it might be a blocked filter causing the problem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Open the bonnet - it's under the windscreen. You'll have to lift a panel that covers the wiper assembley on the passenger side.

When you change the filter, be sure to refit the cover correctly or you will end up with water getting into the cabin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

thats where it was on the Mk4, on the mk3, i cant see any cover.. but i'll look again, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

It's under the scuttle panel (the black plastic panel at the bottom of the windscreen) on the left hand side of the car, but they are not fitted to all cars.

To get at it you need to pop the bonnet, prise out the plastic clips holding the panel down and remove the left side of the panel. These clips have a philips head on them, but don't bother trying to turn with a philips screwdriver, they usually won't turn and need to be lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

excellent stuff... anyone know how much a pollen filter goes for? last time igot one for a MK4, the guy behind the counter looked at me silly, he had never heard of a pollen filter

Advertisement