Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Astra 3 door sports hatch what price

Options
  • 15-10-2008 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to buy an Opel Astra 3 door sports hatch, not looking to go over the 1.4 engine size, 1.6 would be the max (not many of the out there anyway)....

My budget is around 12,500 euro, however most appear to be above this.....should I be able to hagle down to 12,500 or lower for 2005/2006 models?

Merlinn motors had some up yesterday for 12,000 to 13,000, today they have gone up to 14,500+, I can only assume the made a mistake yesterday....

So what is their true value in the current market...?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Go to Morrows in Bessbrook just outside Newry.

GF picked up a 2005 1.7 CDTI 100 with 28k miles on the clock for just under 10k, VRT was 3.5k. 13500e in total.

Check out DG Opel for ex rentals.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Yeah, I was offered a NI Astra 2006, 30,000 miles, 1.4 sxi just under 10,000, VRT 2,700/900 (depending on vauxhall or opel they VAT'd it different) then taxing it new so all in around 13,000 euro.....

However I don't really have the time to be heading up to the North, so would like to get the opel down here.....but they seem overpriced to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

You would saving at least 2k.

Jesus unless you have that to throw away then buy local, otherwise search the websites up north, find a car you like, ring them up, haggle a price over the phone "whats the best you can do, am coming from Cork". Then travel up on a Saturday to view, you like it, place a deposit, arrange sterling bank draft, head back up the next week to buy.

Enjoy the long drive home in your new car.

If you wanted, buy the car on a Friday, drive home via Dundalk, call into the VRT with another draft (same value as the VRT site) and get your car VRT'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

kluivert do you have any good sites for up north? or is autotrader the way to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

kluivert wrote: »
    "whats the best you can do, am coming from Cork".

Some of us do have to travel from Cork :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Okay well I have decided to go with the offer from the North (family member) 7,700 pound sterling for pretty much the car below, 2006, 30,000 miles, same colour etc....yet it is the guts of 17,000 euro here!

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Opel/Astra/GTC-1.4SXi/1205187/

Advertisement