Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats going on with xbmc's library mode?

Options
  • 15-10-2008 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

have the latest version, and since installing it have had problems with library mode, esp with tv shows. i also recently moved my media to an external hd shared over my network, which kinda made things worse. it will add my folders to the library but when i view them there are no episodes there. not a single one. i've googled it till the cows come home, and the best i could find was to make an advanced settings xml file and include setting for my particular file naming ( i use the program epnamer and my episodes are named in the format season x episode - episode name, so american dad would be 01x01 - pilot and so on)

my file structure is thus: ext hd>videos>tv shows>american dad>01x01 - pilot

i used to have season folders but i thought lumping all correctly named episodes into one folder would help. it hasnt.

all the xbmc fora had had people with similar problems, but their solutions havent helped.

has anyone had this problem? i like the library mode and want it to work...movies and music are fine, its just tv shows.

on a happier note, has anyone checked out the mediastream skin? its pretty cool...

*edit* found a workaround. it seems xbmc doesnt recognise tv show ep names in the "seasonxepisode" format even when you tell it to. i've since renamed all my episodes using Epnamer in the <SHOWNAME> - <SEASONIDF><EPISODEIDF> - <EPISODENAME> format. the library seems to be working again.

if theres enough interest i may write up a guide, at the very least it'll save people time in organising their library. let me know if anyones interested and the mods might make it a sticky

Advertisement