Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to watch football in the city, with these stipulations

Options
  • 15-10-2008 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭

I want to be able to sit in a normal seat or stool, not a high stool at a high table. I want to watch the match on a nice big tv, not a wobbly projector screen. I would like to be able to hear the commentary/analysis.

That's it, not much is it? Anybody any ideas?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Your sitting room ???

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Your sitting room ???

Comes with the added bonus of cheaper booze!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

no, I don't have a living room in the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

we are deep in recession, its a wednesday night. you will probably be able to choose anywhere in the city centre to watch the match. upstairs in the oval on middle abbey street would be where i would go, but im watching it at home

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Try any city centre hotel, should be quiet enough midweek. Go upmarket for comfort, but not too far that they look down their nose at you if you ask for soccer on the TV!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Here's a revolutionary idea - go to the game and support the team. Croker's walking distance from town.

What rubbish are you talking, I'm going to the game in Croker tonight.

Just thought of McTurcaills, think that will do me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

If you're talking about watching a Premiership match on a Saturday or Sunday try Peggy Kellys in Harolds Cross, not city centre but a short walk away.

Or here's an idea go to a League of Ireland match.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Watching it live is for mugs. How can you know what distance the free kicks are taken from or - crucially - at what speed they travel.

You need to wise up, Gavin.

OP: hotel bars are a good bet, I find. Less noise.

If you're talking about watching a Premiership match on a Saturday or Sunday try Peggy Kellys in Harolds Cross, not city centre but a short walk away.

What's with people's attitude. I haven't missed a Bohs game all season, or a home game in 4 years.

Roll your eyes elsewhere lad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

podge018 wrote: »
    What's with people's attitude. I haven't missed a Bohs game all season, or a home game in 4 years.

LOL, do you know Podge is also Padraig Amond's nickname? Might be time to subscribe for a name change.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

podge018 wrote: »

Roll your eyes elsewhere lad.

That's what the rolling my eyes is for now, Bohs pppppffffffffffff.:P

Advertisement