Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valuation of Company

• 15-10-2008 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

I am wondering if there is a standard or rule of thumb multiple of Turnover used by investors when valuing a manufacturing company??
    I have an idea it might be 2 times turnover??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

not that simple.

you have to drill down and look at the debts and oblidgations. You could have acompany turning over 20million anually with debts of 100 million which would probably channge hands for a nominal sum- a pound say.

There are a number of formulas for this purposes. I'm sure someone with more accounting knowledge than me can assist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

7 X Net Profit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

company valuations can take various forms, but for a company with maintainable earnings it normally comes down to a multiple of EBIT or EBITDA

Advertisement