Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self funding / grants

Options
  • 15-10-2008 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hey All,

So I am not a mature student however, I have been working since I left school, about 3-4 years and intend to start studying next September.

So I need to save, save, save. Anyone any notion of how much it would cost to do a first time around 4 yr degree? Will be living in Cork, and obviously would love to live on my own in a studio as I am not particularly into the whole student lifestyle...

Also, I don't get this, I have lived abroad for about 10 years, but remain an Irish Citizen obviously. My parents also lived abroad (but mother is Irish), but they worked for over 25 years paying huges taxes in Ireland and apparently neither myself nor mysister are entitled to a grant? Can anyone shed some light on this and make my day by tellin me this is false and explain how to get around it?

Thanks for any response!

Comments

Advertisement