Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do you believe Mohammad?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

http://www.alislam.org/library/articles/new/THE_EXPANDING_UNIVERSE.pdf

Chew on this and then get back to me bro!

Yusuf

Thanks for the reference. The main verse quoted in this article is Sura adh-dhariyat 51:47, which Muhammad Asad translates as "And it is We who have built the universe with [Our creative] power [lit. 'hands']; and verily it is We who are steadily expanding it." This is one case where the verse can be read straightforwardly as an anticipation of current scientific thinking (unlike the various strained interpretations of particular verses of the Qur'an discussed on this thread).

But I think that Muhammad Asad is wise to warn us about claiming that any particular verse makes a scientific prediction: "It is, as a rule, futile to make an explanation of the Qur'an dependent on 'scientific findings' which may appear true today, but may equally well be disproved tomorrow by new findings" [note to Surah al-anbiya 21:30].

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Yusuf Mirza

"This is the perfect book. There is no dout in it"

You will never see any mistake in the Quran. Allah has chalenged the opponents of Islam again and again to dissprove it if they are right. Buit they cannot. and for 1500 years no one has been able to do so.

"This is the perfect book. There is no doubt in it"
    Al-Baqarah Chapter 2 : Verse 3

You will never see any mistake in the Quran. Allah has challenged the opponents of Islam again and again to disprove it if they are right. But they cannot. and for 1500 years no one has been able to do so.

"Even as We have sent to you a Messenger from among yourselves who recites Our Signs to you, and purifies you, and teaches you the Book and Wisdom, and teaches you that which you did not know"
    Al-Baqarah Chapter 2 : Verse 152

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Simon.d

The elephant in the room regarding belief in islam is the fact that Mohammed (At quite an elderly age) had sexual intercourse with a 9 year old girl, whom he married at the age of six (i.e. Aisha).

The vast majority (99.99%) of people in this country would see such a thing as inherently wrong and immoral (hence it being very illegal here).. How can Muslims reconcile this and revere Mohammed as the perfect example of how to live one's life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭zulfikarMD

Simon.d wrote: »
    The vast majority (99.99%) of people in this country would see such a thing as inherently wrong and immoral (hence it being very illegal here).. How can Muslims reconcile this and revere Mohammed as the perfect example of how to live one's life?

There are many people specially in India (hindus) arguing and abusing islam and muslims based on same argument as you have made..this is not new to me specially..if you are so much interested in Prophet's life and history of islam please find some genuine source for it and see. There are people with different views and interpretations even within islam. Judge yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Simon.d

zulfikarMD wrote: »
    There are many people specially in India (hindus) arguing and abusing islam and muslims based on same argument as you have made..this is not new to me specially..if you are so much interested in Prophet's life and history of islam please find some genuine source for it and see. There are people with different views and interpretations even within islam. Judge yourself.

Is the following not from a genuine source?

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64: Narrated 'Aisha:
    that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death).

• Advertisement

Aisha was 18 when she married the Holy Prophet (saw). Aisha's older sister died at 73 A.H at 100 years old. She was 10 years older then Aisha. That means Aishas sister was 27 years old at the time of the Hijra which means that Aisha, being 10 years younger was 17. This proves she was 18 years old. when she married the Holy Prophet (saw)

This rubish that she was 10 is a total lie. Some weak hadits are fabricated during the Islamic med evil age known by Muslims as "the time of ignorence" which we are still coming out of. Christianity went trough the same type of age.

Also "Bakar" is an arab word meaning Virgen! The word can also mean girl, as in child. Aisha was at 18 a virgen. But some people who do not understand arabic grammer took it as meaning "girl". This is incorrect.

The Hadit in which they play together means that his wife was youthfull and energetic. The add on by anti Islamic monsters is "with dolls". this is a sick add on.

It was when she was 9 that Abu Bakir saw a revelation that she should marry Razool Allah (saw). But this was for the future when she was 18, nine years later.

But the question is why? All the women Razool allah had married were wodows and some in advanced years. Does this sound like a man who wanted lustfull things? Allah wanted him to marry Aisha so that after he was dead the believers would have a mother of the faithfull to rally around as she would still be young. She ofter related that she would wake at night and find the Holy Prophet missing. She went in search and found him in the court years praying so intensely that his ankles were swolen from standing and his clothes were wet with tears. Does this sound like a man who was interested in lustfull things?

No brother you are the victime of a cruel conspiricy to undermine Islam in the west.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭Schuhart

No brother you are the victime of a cruel conspiricy to undermine Islam in the west.
    A conspiracy that is apparently led by many Islamic scholars.
    According to trustworthy scholars, authentic reports proved that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) married `A’ishah, Mother of the Faithful (may Allah be pleased with her) when she was nine years old. I have never come across a reference that contradicts that.
    It really doesn’t matter to me one way or the other what age she was.

But I would insist that responsibility for the widely accepted view within Islam that Aisha’s young age is authentic should stay where it belongs – with the Islamic scholars who state this to be the case.

:) I agree. I guess that to them is does not matter either. After all Mary the mother of Jesus was 14 when he was concieved. Acording to the ?Bible she was "given to the temple". She was purified and worshiped in the temple of solomen. But in that temple according to all Jewish sources once a girl became 15 she was then considered too old and had to leave the temple and terminate her period of servitude. But in order for that to happen she had to become married first. So Holy Mary was herself just a young girl really and much younger then Aisha when she became married :rolleyes:

The Talmud

The minimum age for marriage under Jewish law is 13 for boys, 12 for girls; however, the kiddushin (marrige) can take place before that, and often did in medieval times. The Talmud recommends that a man marry at age 18, or somewhere between 16 and 24.

Oh and ...

Talmud - Sanhedrin 55b. A Jew may marry a three year old girl (specifically, three years "and a day" old).

Sanhedrin 54b.
    A Jew may have sex with a child as long as the child is less than nine years old.

Kethuboth 11b. "When a grown-up man has intercourse with a little girl it is nothing."

• Advertisement
Advertisement