Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for advice to make a decision

Options
  • 15-10-2008 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭draycottgirlz

Focus hands down! and thats only because I don't like Opel's.

Think resale value....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Damo2k, what are you trading in??

Tell us more about your usage. I would have to say that I'd go for none of the above. If I'm going to have a decent bit of money tied up in a car and probably hit the bank/ credit union, I'd want to feel like I've got something worth being proud of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

i made up my mind and im happy. thread can be closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Didn't take much of an arguement to convince you! :D

*tests water*
    I think you should buy me a car!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

i made up my mind and im happy. thread can be closed

This is not how it works !

You can't just come on here, ask a question, get your answers and then delete the question :rolleyes:

This is not an information shop (after all it's free) but a forum that lives off everybodies contributions.

So for all who are wondering what the original question was, here it is again
    I am looking to make a trade in.

The following options are given to me:

opel astra life 06, light blue, 26k miles, €9,000 with my car
    opel astra life 06, red, 26k miles, €8,000 with my car
    ford focus zetec 05, 33k miles, €10,500 with my car

I canot decide, what do you's here think is the best value for money? I know the two astra's are the same but im not too keen on red. Is the zetec focus better than the plain astra?

peasant wrote: »
    This is not how it works !

You can't just come on here, ask a question, get your answers and then delete the question :rolleyes:

This is not an information shop (after all it's free) but a forum that lives off everybodies contributions.

So for all who are wondering what the original question was, here it is again

Thanks Peasant.
    Haven't driven the Astra, the Focus is probably better dynamically, but then 1500 in the pocket is 1500 in the pocket and the Astra gets fairly good reviews. I'd go with the Opel. (You won't find me saying that often!)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd rather spend the extra €1500 on the Focus than be stuck with the Opel myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭Esel

OP,
    yourself! :D

Not your ornery onager

bazz26 wrote: »
    I'd rather spend the extra €1500 on the Focus than be stuck with the Opel myself.

New Focus isn't as good as the old one according to some.

• Advertisement
Advertisement