Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday night night clubs!

Options
  • 15-10-2008 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I know this has probably been asked a million times but looking for some up-to-date suggestions for places to head out on Saturday night for a mate's birthday. There'll be about 10-15 of us and will be drinking in a house first so will just be looking for somewhere nice, not full of teenagers, where we can have a bit of a boogie. Preferably somewhere in the Stephen's Green, Harcourt, Camden area..

Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Music you like? Age of people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Just go to the Village or Whelan's. Both can be alright.

Or if you fancy getting groped by civil servants from the country then why not head to Copper Face Jacks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Publin

There's plenty of places around there like Diceys and Krystle on Harcourt Street (both suitable for the non-teenager age group, especially Diceys, but possibly a bit pretentious and over priced depending on your outlook). The Odeon is a good spot IMO. You could check out Coppers later on if you're planning on making it a major session.

To be honest I'd head more to the Camden Steet area, like the poster said above The Village (not a big fan of it lately though) or Whelan's. AVOID The Palace - teenagers only.

Drinking in Anseo is good if you fancy a few drinks before moving on. Flannerys can be good craic, similar crowd to Coppers though, with many moving from Flannerys into Coppers later in the night.

I'm sure you're probably used to going out in town, but if there's 10-15 of yous and you're pre-drinking in the house beforehand and people are a bit drunk heading in, it might be a good idea to split up into smaller groups or possibly head straight to a niteclub earlyish (midnight or so) as opposed to a pub for a few drinks first.

Worst thing would be for people to be refused and half end up in one place and half of them in another. Plus once you have paid into a place, you've little hope of getting your money back if others in your group are refused entry after you pay in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 deco1985

d2 up0 on the top of harcourt is a good spot i reckon

and little caesars is beside it too if yee fancy a bit to eat first

• Advertisement

sorry i see ye said youd be in the house first. haave a good one anyways :):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Publin

Forgot about d2. That's a not a bad spot either.

How about Café en Seine?.... :D :pac:

Publin wrote: »
    How about Café en Seine?.... :D :pac:

Sssshhhhh.... don't let Degsy hear you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 reesie

Cool.. thanks for your help.. was hoping to come up with somewhere we hadn't been before but that was still good but I guess we're not quite as uncool as I thought!
    We're all mid/late 20s... Cafe en Seine was always a bit poserish and don't fancy our chances of all getting into Krystle .. Last time I was in D2 it was absolutely packed! Is it still like that? Have always liked the Odeon but have heard it can be a bit quiet of late..
    Anyone any opinion on the Gaiety of late or what about Solas?.. can you dance in there?
    Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

never been myself, but a few friends have said the gaeity is a good spot. Pricey though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Solas is pretty good. Its free in and its a late bar. The crowd there are pretty relaxed aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Publin wrote: »
    Flannerys can be good craic, similar crowd to Coppers though, with many moving from Flannerys into Coppers later in the night.

Two of the worse palces in Dublin by far ! Flannerys is just about bearable if you're a bloke, intolerable if you're a woman. Full of pissed up backward arseholes who think they way to chat up a girl is grope her through a crowd, I can't imagine how bad Coppers is it when they all move in there afterwards.

The Gaiety is a great spot though, nice crown and more importantly, good music, better than most of the crap being played in others spots, something to suit everyone.

The Don wrote: »
    Solas is pretty good. Its free in and its a late bar. The crowd there are pretty relaxed aswell.

Gets too packed on Saturday nights though. It can get unbearable downstairs anyways.

Advertisement