Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney Problems

Options
  • 15-10-2008 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am in a new build house - and have problems with the chimney.
    When the fire is at it's hotest or when it has cooled down, I am getting a load banging/cracking type noise. Does anybody have any idea what this could be?
    This is going on months.

Also, I have noticed that the concrete base - under the grate is coming away - would the builder or fireplace people be responsible for this?

Thanks,
    Keith.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Sounds like something is expanding and contracting a great deal. Is there a stainless steel flue? Whatever, I would take it up with the builder quickly. Where the hearth is concerned, I'd have thought that the fireplace installer was subcontracted to the builder. If so, it would be the latter's responsibility surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

The builder's fireplace guy is coming Friday! Wants a fire lighting when he calls! :) I can't remember if the people who put in the fireplace surround would have cemented the hearth?
    ART6 wrote: »
    Sounds like something is expanding and contracting a great deal. Is there a stainless steel flue? Whatever, I would take it up with the builder quickly. Where the hearth is concerned, I'd have thought that the fireplace installer was subcontracted to the builder. If so, it would be the latter's responsibility surely?

Advertisement