Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Abs

Options
  • 15-10-2008 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Soccer stud David Beckham has beaten out TV stars Robert Buckley and Mario Lopez to land at the top of a new poll to find the owner of Hollywood's Best Abs.

The part-time underwear model's toned tummy earned him the top spot on In Touch's summer survey.

Lipstick Jungle star Buckley came in second and Lopez third.

Rounding out the top five are Aussie star Hugh Jackman and actor Shemar Moore.

David Beckham No. 1

david-beckham-underwear-giorgio-armani-ad_11.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

That's the unsexiest thing I've seen in... well in a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Im about to get sick..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I've just discovered that if you rearrange Top Abs, you get Spa Bot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Jesus, even when he was a fantastic player he didn't really have great abs. Very shallow, no real definition....it's amazing what studio lighting and photoshop can do.

Review please Dragan?

photo01.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

shemar_moore_01.jpg

shemar moore, who was also mentioned in the article

Looks a bit eh drunk in below picture...
    shemar%20moore%20sexy%5B1%5D2.jpg

shirtless-robert-buckley-01.jpg

Robert Buckley.

I don't actually like defined abs.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Review please Dragan?

photo01.jpg

Very disproportionate between the front and rear of his shoulders. I predict his personal trainer getting sued when he tears a rotator cuff. Upper chest very shallow. His forearms are piss poor, i'd say the words "compound lift" would scare the poor bastard.

Abs once again very shallow. Then again, who am i to judge? Its been too long since i was under the bar. :)

To be honest, the physiques that are pushed on women as being "sexy" normally are i guess. It's when you find those women who are actually into sport, lifting etc that they start to get more discerning.

I believe it was g'em who once said to be there is no point in looking pretty if you can't do anything with it.

Dragan wrote: »
    I believe it was g'em who once said to be there is no point in looking pretty if you can't do anything with it.
    I'm awful clever sometimes :pac:

lol @ the torn rotator cuff, sure jeebus there's a whole country of PT's just waiting to get sued here for the same thing

g'em wrote: »
    I'm awful clever sometimes :pac:

lol @ the torn rotator cuff, sure jeebus there's a whole country of PT's just waiting to get sued here for the same thing

I thought you were just making me feel better about my lack of pretty! lol:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

LL Cool J

llcoolj.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Dragan wrote: »

Functionality ftw! I want to see my man drag a tractor tire across a hockey pitch and back. THEN I'll be interested ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

JP Liz wrote: »
    LL Cool J

llcoolj.jpg

*pukes*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

All these men are most unattractive to me. :confused:

Although I've said before I have issues with men being in better shape than I am. I'd rather be with something of a lump than some RAWK HAAAARD ABS.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I find these guys unattractive - the picture of David Beckham is just a major turn-off because with the glasses and the tighty-whiteys he looks like more of a girl than I do.

I guess the whole concept of a bloke being in good nick is about more than just aesthetics to me. I know how much hard work is required to get a physiques that deserve to be on the cover of Men's Health, it takes hours of sweat, blood and the occasional puke, dedication, motivation, ambition, intelligence (yes, believe it or not, acquiring a great body does require a bit more than fluff between the ears) and desire to succeed, and those are all traits I find incredibly attractive in someone.

So it's not just the bodies I like, it's the personality it represents. And for sheer guy-candy abs action I'm going to have to go for Ryan Reynolds. Oh yes. Oh yes I so would.

Having said all that though... guys with those bodies (and I'm going on personal experience) have a tendency to have an awful lot of traits I don't like too - gawdammit I'm the girl, I'm the one who's supposed to spend hours in the shower!! - and so as nice as these bodies are to look at, I'd much rather a body, whatever size, that's great to cuddle and wants to cuddle me back :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

the picture of David Beckham is just a major turn-off because with the glasses and the tighty-whiteys he looks like more of a girl than I do.

g'em banned for telling porkies. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I wouldn't go so far as to say I find these guys unattractive - the picture of David Beckham is just a major turn-off because with the glasses and the tighty-whiteys he looks like more of a girl than I do.

I guess the whole concept of a bloke being in good nick is about more than just aesthetics to me. I know how much hard work is required to get a physiques that deserve to be on the cover of Men's Health, it takes hours of sweat, blood and the occasional puke, dedication, motivation, ambition, intelligence (yes, believe it or not, acquiring a great body does require a bit more than fluff between the ears) and desire to succeed, and those are all traits I find incredibly attractive in someone.

So it's not just the bodies I like, it's the personality it represents. And for sheer guy-candy abs action I'm going to have to go for Ryan Reynolds. Oh yes. Oh yes I so would.

Having said all that though... guys with those bodies (and I'm going on personal experience) have a tendency to have an awful lot of traits I don't like too - gawdammit I'm the girl, I'm the one who's supposed to spend hours in the shower!! - and so as nice as these bodies are to look at, I'd much rather a body, whatever size, that's great to cuddle and wants to cuddle me back :)

ryanreynolds3.jpg

Mr. Scarlett Johansson :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

fonpokno wrote: »
    All these men are most unattractive to me. :confused:

Although I've said before I have issues with men being in better shape than I am. I'd rather be with something of a lump than some RAWK HAAAARD ABS.
    That generally means you lack confidence and are self concious.

I get it all the time with girls and its actually quite limiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

taconnol wrote: »
    Functionality ftw! I want to see my man drag a tractor tire across a hockey pitch and back. THEN I'll be interested ;)

Oh sweet jesus, I'm actually thinking that sounds like fun except with tire flips on the back journey

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Are you suggesting something, Mr, jsb? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I don't know it depends on whether I can find a tractor tire and a hockey pitch that will allow me to drag it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I wouldn't call those abs sexy or anything (being a guy I wouldn't find that thing attractive :pac:), but i feel its miles better then a big belly !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I now the level of silliness most people have to go through to get abs and tbh unless their lively hood was connected to it I don't understand why they do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Maybe they couldn't afford a washing machine and had to go with the wash board?

Advertisement