Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone care to share their story? Part 2.

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 metzz

I don't have a business at the moment but would love to invest into something pretty soon. My parents split up when I was quite young and my mothers new partner was a builder. After school and at the weekends when I was 16 I helped him with a project he was working on. A business in Tullamore was changing their business and quite a lot of the stock they had was going into a skip.

I couldn't believe all of this new stuff that was going to be just dumped so asked instead of getting paid if I could take it all. There was loads of toys, ornaments, household items and collectables. This was back in 95 or 96. My mothers new fella also paid me a bit so I was happy out. I brought it to a local market each Sunday which cost £7 at the time and every Sunday for about 7 weeks I made about £120 each day. I remember a traveller who had a stall opposite me used to ask me every Sunday if I'd sell him the lot but I enjoyed the haggling and banter and meeting people.

When I finished school I worked with a company for 13 years making kitchens and fitted furniture. I still sold the odd item here and there that I either had or picked up myself at the market. This became more of a hobby then and still is. I go to car boot sales, charity shops and markets and pick up items to sell on Ebay and Adverts. Over the last few years I've made quite a bit of money from doing it. Our house is paid off and I have close to €60k saved up to invest in some business idea. I'm not working at the moment with anxiety and depression so it's been hard to try and come up with something new and not just reinvent the wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tcorbett

I am a highly experienced Business Development Manager with Over 25 years’ experience working in senior sales, with a proven track record of growing market share and revenue within the Life Science, Pharmaceutical, Bio Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Oil/Gas, Power, Industrial, Water/Waste industries across Ireland. 

I am looking to branch out on my own and I would love it if there was someone who has a business and or business idea who would like to partner up with me.  I have all the skills to increase sales and market share if someone else has the idea/product/concept.

I am tired of working for large multinationals increasing their profits, instead of making money for a business I was partnered with.  I also have investment revenue if needed.

Thanks

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 14,581 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Feel free to give me a message on here.

Sports Data/Performance Data Company

• Registered Users Posts: 2 konsyg

Love reading all these entrepreneurial journeys! It’s inspiring to see the various paths people have taken to start their own businesses. Speaking of which, I’m currently working with Konsyg (konsyg.com), a company that helps businesses scale and grow through effective sales outsourcing. If you’re looking to take your venture to the next level or need some extra sales support, feel free to reach out.

Keep sharing your stories! DMs open for any business chat. 😎

• Advertisement
Advertisement