Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The financial regulator was before the Dail Finance Committee yesterday ...

Options
  • 15-10-2008 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Shane Ross on Matt Cooper now ...

The Financial Regulator said yesterday that Property developers owe the banks €39 billion ... €15 billion of which is "vunerable" and may not be ever paid back ...

Banks have massively over leant to property developers.

Still listening now ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Never any spot checks on banks over the last years...

Financial regulator continuously folded to "pressure" from the banks ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm listening, the man is a disgrace. Esp when you think back over the overcharging scandals.

potted bio
    Patrick Neary is the Chief Executive of the Financial Regulator, which is responsible for the regulation of the Financial Services industry, both from a prudential and a conduct of business viewpoint.

Patrick Neary was appointed to the position of Chief Executive in February 2006. Prior to this, he held the position of Prudential Director of the Financial Regulator from 2003. In this role his responsibilities included the protection of consumers’ deposits, funds and policies. He is a fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (FCCA). He was previously Head of Securities and Exchanges Supervision and Deputy Head of Banking Supervision in the Central Bank of Ireland. He began his career in 1971.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Shocking stuff.

No wonder we're in the god-awful mess we're in.

Damn straight

!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

So the banks are going to just write off 40% of the money they loaned to property developers?

Any chance they'd write off 40% of my mortgage? Sounds fair to me...

• Advertisement
Advertisement